criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Flying Phase in Galactic Assault.

Empire_TW
6081 posts Member
How would people feel about future Galactic Assault maps having a flying only phase much like Battle Station and Infiltration from last game?
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• Clowater
    134 posts Member
    While I would be okay with it. It could potentially put players into a situation they don’t enjoy.

Some people don’t like Starfighter Assault, and choose not to ever get in a ship in Galactic Assault.

It’d be like forcing a round of infantry in a Starfighter Assault match. It kinda breaks up the gameplay and could force players into a role that they didn’t want to be in.

They could make another game mode entirely, but I think that would simply split the player base even more and would require more maps that deserve to be in other game modes more.

Not that I don’t want that sort of thing, but I think implementing it requires some finesse. Perhaps having split objectives and an increased presence of fighters would be a good start.
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    Clowater wrote: »
    While I would be okay with it. It could potentially put players into a situation they don’t enjoy.

Some people don’t like Starfighter Assault, and choose not to ever get in a ship in Galactic Assault.

It’d be like forcing a round of infantry in a Starfighter Assault match. It kinda breaks up the gameplay and could force players into a role that they didn’t want to be in.

They could make another game mode entirely, but I think that would simply split the player base even more and would require more maps that deserve to be in other game modes more.

Not that I don’t want that sort of thing, but I think implementing it requires some finesse. Perhaps having split objectives and an increased presence of fighters would be a good start.

The concept might be popular enough for it to be it's own mode but I too worry that another big mode that is similar to an already existing one might split the playerbase.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I do like the idea, but I think @Empire_TW is right. And some people are very uncomfortable with flying in general, so they'd probably avoid this mode altogether. Maybe instead, stafighters in GA could have better objectives? At the moment it's just 'take out enemy fighters and do strafe runs', but on some maps maybe you could have a light cruiser for the defenders which provides air-to-ground fire and maybe can be taken control of for special abilities (some sort of abilities pod, maybe a scan of an area, barrage or something), but has a limited large health pool so the attacking fighters can try and take that out for Objective Points?
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    It might just be better to bring back Battle Station but with a Trade Federation control ship and the supremecy along with the Death Star.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    I’d love this.

Or the way you could take out the capital ships with naval officers in BF2 in 2005.

pH