criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Boba Fett buff suggestions (updated)

I think most of us can agree Boba Fett got constantly nerfed over time, especially with the use of his rocket barrage which is what many of us rely on most of the time to really do damage against troopers and heroes. They did minor improvements to Boba Fett such as a buff to his health by +50, slightly raising the damage of his EE-3, & better controlling the jetpack to aim effectively. However, these slight buffs are just not enough right now as he is heavily fragile if overwhelmed. If there's one Dark Side hero that really needs major changes besides Phasma with her staff, it's Boba Fett. Here's what can be changed. And feel free to make other suggestions as I might miss something.

1. Jetpack: Not everyone will agree on this, but I like the jetpack controls as I'm able to better move horizontally and vertically while getting a better aim. The biggest problem now is this change led to Boba Fett's jetpack burning fuel way faster than before it got changed. Without the star card that helps him burn less fuel, you're only in the sky for 5 seconds unless you use "For the Hunt", which is highly essential to fly in the sky for much longer. As well it takes like maybe 6 or 8 seconds to get all your fuel back so players have to really think before flying or that empty tank will screw you over. Maybe have the fuel last a little longer to gain the upper hand and not be forced into using "For the Hunt" so many times when unneeded. There are also rare instances where the jetpack gets bugged while spamming "For the Hunt" and I'm unable to fly at all making Boba Fett completely worthless, so that needs to get fixed.

2. ADS: I still think Boba Fett is in dire need of a button to allow him to aim down sights because right now his EE-3 is only accurate at close range and is so ineffective in medium to long range unless you are skilled with aiming. Pressing the right analog stick is no longer an option like the last game as that is the melee button. His zoom could be on a button that is not used while playing as him like the D-Pad: up, left, or right or maybe the Y (Triangle) button.

3. For the Hunt: The ability itself is fine the way it is with unlimited fuel, being hidden from the mini map, and scanning for enemies. The major issue right now is the scan pulse is bugged making me unable to scan for enemies nearby and as a result I might either get less kills from enemies near me, possibility of ambushes, and removing the whole idea of the hunter searching for his prey. I mean it's called "For the Hunt." The name is meaningless if the ability is bugged and I can't hunt for enemies who don't show up in an orange outline.

4. Rocket Barrage: While I understand why this ability got nerfed as it was so powerful against enemies, especially against heroes with the right star card, I feel it got nerfed a bit too much. The damage output is weakened and the blast radius is smaller, which makes you less powerful in the sky. Not always, but if your aim is not good you're not killing anyone. Either buff the damage with the radius small or raise the radius to be larger with the damage the same so its usefulness will be sort of back to how it was before and balanced.

5. Concussion Rocket: This ability really needs to be useful because right now it is the most worthless ability next to Phasma's Staff Strike as the blind effect does no damage, lasts for only about 2 seconds, an affected player can still clearly see his surroundings, and no reduction in speed. Sure you can use star cards to buff the ability, but nobody uses it and the effects are just not worth having on the load out. It should work similarly to Leia's flash grenade where it really blinds an enemy where you can get the upper hand when approaching the target. It's a shame the flamethrower got downgraded to a melee ability as Boba Fett would've been better off without the concussion rocket or the flamethrower can have the same power like the First Order Flametrooper.

6. EE-3: This weapon really needs to do more damage as it's only effective at close range. At medium to long range, this weapon is a watered down version to how it was back in the last game and Boba Fett is not meant for close range. And since you can't aim down sights with it, you need real tight precision with it or that damage output won't matter. Each shot does 25 damage right now. Honestly that needs to go up by either 10 or 15 more damage so it feels strong.

7. Health Change: Boba Fett has the lowest health out of any hero in the game. I'm glad they raised his health to 550, but it really should be at 600 or 650. The fact that he gets damaged so easily in areas where enemies are so aggressive can bring him down so quickly, especially in close-quarters situations. He also desperately needs a heal card as he's one that can use one similarly to Iden being improved in GA after receiving one.

8. Get knocked down far less often: One really annoying part while playing as Boba Fett is how there are so many things that can knock down Boba Fett crashing into the ground and being wasted so quickly. I can understand powerful attacks like Chewbacca's Bowcaster, force powers, any strong hero ability or a Quad-Laser fire from an X-Wing, but other things like ion turrets, standard fire from a starfighter, and so on shouldn't knock him down so easily.

Hopefully I got my point across as Boba Fett is the Dark Side's weakest hero and needs to get buffed more in the future. Maybe you can play better with him, but I'm comparing Boba Fett to other heroes and right now Boba Fett is inferior compared to the others.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Dont see 250 regen.

They should get rid of anti hero rockets and buff the radius, and damage to 80.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Yeah it sucks we have to sacrifice a slot to do more damage to heroes.
    Dont see 250 regen.

They should get rid of anti hero rockets and buff the radius, and damage to 80.

• BryantG92
    29 posts Member
    I think most of us can agree Boba Fett got constantly nerfed over time, especially with the use of his rocket barrage which is what many of us rely on most of the time to really do damage against troopers and heroes. They did minor improvements to Boba Fett such as a buff to his health by +50, slightly raising the damage of his EE-3, & better controlling the jetpack to aim effectively. However, these slight buffs are just not enough right now as he is heavily fragile if overwhelmed. If there's one Dark Side hero that really needs major changes besides Phasma with her staff, it's Boba Fett. Here's what can be changed. And feel free to make other suggestions as I might miss something.

1. Jetpack: Not everyone will agree on this, but I like the jetpack controls as I'm able to better move horizontally and vertically while getting a better aim. The biggest problem now is this change led to Boba Fett's jetpack burning fuel way faster than before it got changed. Without the star card that helps him burn less fuel, you're only in the sky for 5 seconds unless you use "For the Hunt", which is highly essential to fly in the sky for much longer. As well it takes like maybe 6 or 8 seconds to get all your fuel back so players have to really think before flying or that empty tank will **** over. Maybe have the fuel last a little longer to gain the upper hand and not be forced into using "For the Hunt" so many times when unneeded. There are also rare instances where the jetpack gets bugged while spamming "For the Hunt" and I'm unable to fly at all making Boba Fett completely worthless, so that needs to get fixed.

2. ADS: I still think Boba Fett is in dire need of a button to allow him to aim down sights because right now his EE-3 is only accurate at close range and is so ineffective in medium to long range unless you are skilled with aiming. Pressing the right analog stick is no longer an option like the last game as that is the melee button. His zoom could be on a button that is not used while playing as him like the D-Pad: up, left, or right or maybe the Y (Triangle) button.

3. For the Hunt: The ability itself is fine the way it is with unlimited fuel, being hidden from the mini map, and scanning for enemies. The major issue right now is the scan pulse is bugged making me unable to scan for enemies nearby and as a result I might either get less kills from enemies near me, possibility of ambushes, and removing the whole idea of the hunter searching for his prey. I mean it's called "For the Hunt." The name is meaningless if the ability is bugged and I can't hunt for enemies who don't show up in an orange outline.

4. Rocket Barrage: While I understand why this ability got nerfed as it was so powerful against enemies, especially against heroes with the right star card, I feel it got nerfed a bit too much. The damage output is weakened and the blast radius is smaller, which makes you less powerful in the sky. Not always, but if your aim is not good you're not killing anyone. Either buff the damage with the radius small or raise the radius to be larger with the damage the same so its usefulness will be sort of back to how it was before and balanced.

5. Concussion Rocket: This ability really needs to be useful because right now it is the most worthless ability next to Phasma's Staff Strike as the blind effect does no damage, lasts for only about 2 seconds, an affected player can still clearly see his surroundings, and no reduction in speed. Sure you can use star cards to buff the ability, but nobody uses it and the effects are just not worth having on the load out. It should work similarly to Leia's flash grenade where it really blinds an enemy where you can get the upper hand when approaching the target. It's a shame the flamethrower got downgraded to a melee ability as Boba Fett would've been better off without the concussion rocket or the flamethrower can have the same power like the First Order Flametrooper.

6. EE-3: This weapon really needs to do more damage as it's only effective at close range. At medium to long range, this weapon is a watered down version to how it was back in the last game and Boba Fett is not meant for close range. And since you can't aim down sights with it, you need real tight precision with it or that damage output won't matter. Each shot does 25 damage right now. Honestly that needs to go up by either 10 or 15 more damage so it feels strong.

7. Health Change: Boba Fett has the lowest health out of any hero in the game. I'm glad they raised his health to 550, but it really should be at 600 or 650. The fact that he gets damaged so easily in areas where enemies are so aggressive can bring him down so quickly, especially in close-quarters situations. He also desperately needs a heal card as he's one that can use one similarly to Iden being improved in GA after receiving one.

8. Get knocked down far less often: One really annoying part while playing as Boba Fett is how there are so many things that can knock down Boba Fett crashing into the ground and being wasted so quickly. I can understand powerful attacks like Chewbacca's Bowcaster, force powers, any strong hero ability or a Quad-Laser fire from an X-Wing, but other things like ion turrets, standard fire from a starfighter, and so on shouldn't knock him down so easily.

Hopefully I got my point across as Boba Fett is the Dark Side's weakest hero and needs to get buffed more in the future. Maybe you can play better with him, but I'm comparing Boba Fett to other heroes and right now Boba Fett is inferior compared to the others.

I agree with most of your points except Boba getting knocked down less. From an HvV standpoint, the only counter to a cowardly Boba flying around all over the map while waiting for the hero target to die is Chewie with his bowcaster. Han and his Detonite charge if he gets lucky or Luke if he can hit the Force Push but for the most part, I’ve gone against tryhard Bobas that spam For The Hunt and know who they’re going to run into, avoid them and just run all day. That’s why I hate this target system honestly, you got players reverting to cowardly tactics with Boba, Maul, Luke, Rey and Kylo. Run around and use your force powers to keep enemies at bay.