criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Game Mode Idea: X-Wing Miniatures

RustyBarnacles
1347 posts Member
edited May 2018
Just reaching out for thoughts from the community.

BF2015 had "collectible" trophies for completing milestones that you could view. I was thinking about taking that concept a step further.

Fantasy Flight has the X-Wing miniatures game which is pretty popular and will be coming out with a new booster soon. The miniatures are various ships from iconic hero piloted ships to standard pilots.

Would anyone be interested in a game mode based on this?
Like a board game type mode moving ships around to target specific objectives on a grid like map from iconic movie battles? Sort of like a general plotting out the battle...
Maybe available in both online and offline modes?
The ships could be unlocked through various GA/Blast/Strike/HvV/SA challenges and purchasable through the microtransaction system.

This was just a thought I had, and believe it would be a calm, relaxing game mode that can be played with friends or solo.

Anyway, what does everyone think? Is this something that would/could be interesting?

Replies

• dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    I just want to.say so much.

/leaving this thread
  • JAREDUP
    1474 posts Member
    Yes I would not mind this game, I would like to try the x-wing game myself, but currently still needing to get staightened out with wrhammer 40k, but having it digitial would help to play it for sure
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    I just want to.say so much.

/leaving this thread

Both positive and negative views are welcomed.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Yes I would not mind this game, I would like to try the x-wing game myself, but currently still needing to get staightened out with wrhammer 40k, but having it digitial would help to play it for sure

I really only collect the ships since and have only had the chance to actually play on a few occasions which is partly why the thought came up, because I do genuinely enjoy the game.

But, if you do want to get into the physical version of the game, the new booster forces all of the old players to upgrade, so that would be a good jumping on point as everyone gets "leveled" back to starting position.
  • JAREDUP
    1474 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »

I really only collect the ships since and have only had the chance to actually play on a few occasions which is partly why the thought came up, because I do genuinely enjoy the game.

But, if you do want to get into the physical version of the game, the new booster forces all of the old players to upgrade, so that would be a good jumping on point as everyone gets "leveled" back to starting position.

Ok thanks for the info, I have seen some people play it before at the gaming store I play at so I might give it a try.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Another diorama could be cool, but I think this game should primarily be a shooter not a board game.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I'm always up for any form of TBS, so I would love this, but I don't think it would be something most of the community would be excited about.

Turn based strategy is too rare a game type these days.
  • Just reaching out for thoughts from the community.

BF2015 had "collectible" trophies for completing milestones that you could view. I was thinking about taking that concept a step further.

Fantasy Flight has the X-Wing miniatures game which is pretty popular and will be coming out with a new booster soon. The miniatures are various ships from iconic hero piloted ships to standard pilots.

Would anyone be interested in a game mode based on this?
    Like a board game type mode moving ships around to target specific objectives on a grid like map from iconic movie battles? Sort of like a general plotting out the battle...
    Maybe available in both online and offline modes?
    The ships could be unlocked through various GA/Blast/Strike/HvV/SA challenges and purchasable through the microtransaction system.

This was just a thought I had, and believe it would be a calm, relaxing game mode that can be played with friends or solo.

Anyway, what does everyone think? Is this something that would/could be interesting?

Always wanted one, don't think it would be in this game though.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Appreciate the thoughts guys. I just figured it would be a nice change of pace and add that collectible (aka money grab) aspect to the game, but I see your points in that it may not fit with the current community and state of affairs.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I would totally play this haha
    Psn: Jello770
  • JAREDUP
    1474 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm just now realizing that the games would go on for hours depending on how big. Whenever I would play Warhammer 40k on the table top, a large game can take several hours, I know no dice are needed but the strategy process takes time.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif