criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The officer

d0kRX
1398 posts Member
Is not just support only.

It’s support.

And.

Battlefield control.
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    So I’m pretty sure that means more offensive capabilities than a would be support only type class.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    What’s your point? Not trying to be rude, just curious
    Psn: Jello770
  • Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    What’s your point? Not trying to be rude, just curious

    People say its only a support class. Which is false.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    What’s your point? Not trying to be rude, just curious

    No offense taken. Like devastator said people say it’s only a support class, and it isn’t only a support class. They keep pushing for the officer to be more support without any regard to the battlefield control role. They use this as their main reason to make the officer the weakest class out of them all. I’m all for balance and everything but not taking into account the battlefield control role will not result in balance in my opinion.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • tommytom64
    1079 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    That's not what battlefield control means. It was repeatedly said many times pre-launch that Officers would be the "glue" that keeps teams together with their support abilities and friendly buffs. Their infantry turret, one of their primary abilities, is also battlefield control in that it can assist in locking down objectives, corridors, and hallways. They also have abilities that can disable both enemy players' weapons and grenades or other explosives, which is literally battlefield control. Battlefield control isn't necessarily an offensive thing.

    On another note, Officers are figures of authority in military forces, including those in Star Wars, and that statement could merely be a reference to that fact.

    Either way, that does not change the excessive strength of the Officer class that many have spoken up about, at least compared to the other three trooper classes.
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    That's not what battlefield control means. It was repeatedly said many times pre-launch that Officers would be the "glue" that keeps teams together with their support abilities and friendly buffs. Their infantry turret, one of their primary abilities, is also battlefield control in that it can assist in locking down objectives, corridors, and hallways. They also have abilities that can disable both enemy players' weapons and grenades or other explosives, which is literally battlefield control. Battlefield control isn't necessarily an offensive thing.

    On another note, Officers are figures of authority in military forces, including those in Star Wars, and that statement could merely be a reference to that fact.

    Either way, that does not change the excessive strength of the Officer class that many have spoken up about, at least compared to the other three trooper classes.

    That’s what I think of when I think of battlefield control. Disabling enemies, locking down objectives, etc. I also believe that officers are strong because they’re officers, haha.

    I do not dispute that the officer is strong, what I dispute is making them the absolute weakest class and making unnecessary tweaks to them. Make the necessary and warranted tweaks, and then leave them alone.

    My main goal is to decrease the size of the changes that they’re gonna make to the officers. I’m in favor of tweaks only and minor adjustments.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • When 3/4 of both teams are the same class there is a balance issue.
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    When 3/4 of both teams are the same class there is a balance issue.

    you miss the point. I want the troopers balanced not destroyed. The way it’s looking, most players would have the officer class destroyed.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I am waiting for the worst kiddo crier to reply this post but seems he dont wanna be trolled from me again... so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :-D @ReyZaBurrel
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    That's not what battlefield control means. It was repeatedly said many times pre-launch that Officers would be the "glue" that keeps teams together with their support abilities and friendly buffs. Their infantry turret, one of their primary abilities, is also battlefield control in that it can assist in locking down objectives, corridors, and hallways. They also have abilities that can disable both enemy players' weapons and grenades or other explosives, which is literally battlefield control. Battlefield control isn't necessarily an offensive thing.

    On another note, Officers are figures of authority in military forces, including those in Star Wars, and that statement could merely be a reference to that fact.

    Either way, that does not change the excessive strength of the Officer class that many have spoken up about, at least compared to the other three trooper classes.

    If only other players recognized these strategies. So often I try to buff and setup turrets in prime locales only to see troopers running mad and aimlessly. But also unless we officers take on the offense sometimes we would never get the score or kill recognition deserved for protecting an objective.

    If I sit on an objective protecting it and buffing my troopers that do play the objective how much score will I get? Not much. But you can't fix people who don't want to play the objective or work as a team.
    PC: xxRustyRelicxx | PS4: dbarelic | Xbox: RustyPapaRelic
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    I am waiting for the worst kiddo crier to reply this post but seems he dont wanna be trolled from me again... so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :-D @ReyZaBurrel

    Haha do I even want to ask?
    PSN: d0kRX
  • tommytom64
    1079 posts Member
    flcnrelic wrote: »
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    That's not what battlefield control means. It was repeatedly said many times pre-launch that Officers would be the "glue" that keeps teams together with their support abilities and friendly buffs. Their infantry turret, one of their primary abilities, is also battlefield control in that it can assist in locking down objectives, corridors, and hallways. They also have abilities that can disable both enemy players' weapons and grenades or other explosives, which is literally battlefield control. Battlefield control isn't necessarily an offensive thing.

    On another note, Officers are figures of authority in military forces, including those in Star Wars, and that statement could merely be a reference to that fact.

    Either way, that does not change the excessive strength of the Officer class that many have spoken up about, at least compared to the other three trooper classes.

    If only other players recognized these strategies. So often I try to buff and setup turrets in prime locales only to see troopers running mad and aimlessly. But also unless we officers take on the offense sometimes we would never get the score or kill recognition deserved for protecting an objective.

    If I sit on an objective protecting it and buffing my troopers that do play the objective how much score will I get? Not much. But you can't fix people who don't want to play the objective or work as a team.

    Then that means you should be properly compensated and that adjustment should take place (which I agree with, by the way). Not that the Officer should be an offensive class. That's the wrong solution to the problem, and the evidence is the current state of the game.
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    flcnrelic wrote: »
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    That's not what battlefield control means. It was repeatedly said many times pre-launch that Officers would be the "glue" that keeps teams together with their support abilities and friendly buffs. Their infantry turret, one of their primary abilities, is also battlefield control in that it can assist in locking down objectives, corridors, and hallways. They also have abilities that can disable both enemy players' weapons and grenades or other explosives, which is literally battlefield control. Battlefield control isn't necessarily an offensive thing.

    On another note, Officers are figures of authority in military forces, including those in Star Wars, and that statement could merely be a reference to that fact.

    Either way, that does not change the excessive strength of the Officer class that many have spoken up about, at least compared to the other three trooper classes.

    If only other players recognized these strategies. So often I try to buff and setup turrets in prime locales only to see troopers running mad and aimlessly. But also unless we officers take on the offense sometimes we would never get the score or kill recognition deserved for protecting an objective.

    If I sit on an objective protecting it and buffing my troopers that do play the objective how much score will I get? Not much. But you can't fix people who don't want to play the objective or work as a team.

    Then that means you should be properly compensated and that adjustment should take place (which I agree with, by the way). Not that the Officer should be an offensive class. That's the wrong solution to the problem, and the evidence is the current state of the game.

    But the officer has offensive capabilities given to the class by the developers. I think that is reason enough to have some offensive capability. (I’m not talking about overpowered offensive capabilities here so don’t try that one with me). I also don’t want the officer class to be the weakest class just because he can heal and support. It should be comparable to all classes not the lesser. Then there’s also that officers are superior to troopers in theory, you know hierarchy? So that’s another reason for them to be comparable to all the troopers and have some offensive capabilities.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    I am waiting for the worst kiddo crier to reply this post but seems he dont wanna be trolled from me again... so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :-D @ReyZaBurrel

    Haha do I even want to ask?

    you probably dont want :-p :-D
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    When 3/4 of both teams are the same class there is a balance issue.

    you miss the point. I want the troopers balanced not destroyed. The way it’s looking, most players would have the officer class destroyed.

    I agree with ya brother I made no mention of nerfs at all - I would love to see the other classes buffed to be in line with officer. I was merely trying to portray the severity in the unbalance
  • d0kRX
    1398 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    When 3/4 of both teams are the same class there is a balance issue.

    you miss the point. I want the troopers balanced not destroyed. The way it’s looking, most players would have the officer class destroyed.

    I agree with ya brother I made no mention of nerfs at all - I would love to see the other classes buffed to be in line with officer. I was merely trying to portray the severity in the unbalance

    Cool, thanks for the reply. :smile:
    PSN: d0kRX
  • ReyZaBurrel
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @col_Herbst_Gille

    The only one that's saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad is you. @ me in a post and all. Desperate cry for attention.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!