criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Just talk to US!

kez432
149 posts Member
This whole cloak and dagger crap has worn thin! What's the big secrete? Give us a road map! What's part 2 of season 2? Squash the rumors of this game being abandoned! This company is more concerned with it's stock holders than it's customers!

Replies

• Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    they cant talk to us.

f8rge already confirmed theres 100+ people working on the game. its not abandoned.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• kez432
    149 posts Member
    they cant talk to us.

f8rge already confirmed theres 100+ people working on the game. its not abandoned.

Whats wrong with a road map? We've already paid for it! let's see what were getting already!
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member
    they cant talk to us.

Definitely not abandoned. He did then say more than a dozen working on the game though. I guess thats actual devs
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    they cant talk to us.

Definitely not abandoned. He did then say more than a dozen working on the game though. I guess thats actual devs

I think he had to go back on that since he probably wasn't supposed to say. But even so, 12+ devs is alot to make content, especially when content has been done before launch.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• It seems ironic that we just got an announcement today and yet people are complaining about a lack of communication.

Even if they told us what comes next, all that's going to change is instead of people saying "what comes next month" we get "what comes two months from now?"

And even if they told us what comes two months from now, if it isn't exactly what everyone wants (even though everyone wants different things so it can never be exactly what everyone wants) then we'd get a thousand post about how they ignored the one thing everyone (everyone is apparently code around here for me or I) was asking for.

If we got Anakin and Obi people would start **** that we didn't get Mace, or Ashoka, or Hux, or or or... Then of course we'd get posts about how Obi and Ani don't count, because they should have been here at launch. Then we'd get a thousand buff/nerf Obi/Ani threads. Then we'd get a thousand post about how anyone who wants buffs or nerfs needs to ltp and git gud.

The less these people know, the better. It's a very impatient community and if they don't like something that comes out two or three months from now then there's no hype and we may lose a lot of them.
  • mastery0ta
    5955 posts Member
    The thing that **** me off is the reddit favoritism. We are official forums for the game. Whatever I guess
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Dannyboi82 wrote: »
    kez432 wrote: »
    they cant talk to us.

Whats wrong with a road map? We've already paid for it! let's see what were getting already!

paid for what? you paid for a game that had 12, maps, 5 modes, 14 heroes, a campaign and an arcade mode at launch. whatever we get now is extra, since its not a season pass.

Stop just stop with this rubbish we paid for a game that said we were going to get regular content and season patches until its lifetime was over so no we still haven't gotten what we paid for I'm fed up with people saying this, if we got things that weren't promised then that's free out of the blue stuff that we should all be happy with but no we haven't, we haven't even gotten what we were promised for paying for the game

No u stop this rubbish. Weve gotten content every month this week. It may not be to your liking but weve gotten it. All while they've been working on the progression system. And they've been working on content while doing all that. Goodness, just wait Disney requires them to make content for the movies, so were getting a solo season in two parts. First part is a small content drop before june.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• kez432
    149 posts Member
    It seems ironic that we just got an announcement today and yet people are complaining about a lack of communication.

Even if they told us what comes next, all that's going to change is instead of people saying "what comes next month" we get "what comes two months from now?"

And even if they told us what comes two months from now, if it isn't exactly what everyone wants (even though everyone wants different things so it can never be exactly what everyone wants) then we'd get a thousand post about how they ignored the one thing everyone (everyone is apparently code around here for me or I) was asking for.

If we got Anakin and Obi people would start **** that we didn't get Mace, or Ashoka, or Hux, or or or... Then of course we'd get posts about how Obi and Ani don't count, because they should have been here at launch. Then we'd get a thousand buff/nerf Obi/Ani threads. Then we'd get a thousand post about how anyone who wants buffs or nerfs needs to ltp and git gud.[/qut]

All we get are announcements about announcements. I didn't buy a game of announcements! I bought a Star wars game, Post like this are generated because of months of needless silence and then garbage.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    The thing that **** me off is the reddit favoritism. We are official forums for the game. Whatever I guess

That reddit advertising hit a real blow. :'(
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    they cant talk to us.

paid for what? you paid for a game that had 12, maps, 5 modes, 14 heroes, a campaign and an arcade mode at launch. whatever we get now is extra, since its not a season pass.

i PAID FOR THE GAME YOU ****. SOMEONE WHEEL GRANDPA BACK TO HIS BEDROOM HE'S GOTTEN BACK ON THE COMPUTER!

You paid for the game and got what i said.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    they cant talk to us.

i PAID FOR THE GAME YOU ****. SOMEONE WHEEL GRANDPA BACK TO HIS BEDROOM HE'S GOTTEN BACK ON THE COMPUTER!

Please use your inside voice
    Psn: Jello770
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Thats a mistake. Look at reddit rn.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• kez432
    149 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    they cant talk to us.

Please use your inside voice

I was on the front porch. :)
  • Dannyboi82 wrote: »
    they cant talk to us.

Stop just stop with this rubbish we paid for a game that said we were going to get regular content and season patches until its lifetime was over so no we still haven't gotten what we paid for I'm fed up with people saying this, if we got things that weren't promised then that's free out of the blue stuff that we should all be happy with but no we haven't, we haven't even gotten what we were promised for paying for the game

No u stop this rubbish. Weve gotten content every month this week. It may not be to your liking but weve gotten it. All while they've been working on the progression system. And they've been working on content while doing all that. Goodness, just wait Disney requires them to make content for the movies, so were getting a solo season in two parts. First part is a small content drop before june.

How many months in a week?
    The progression system was their fault so we have to pay for it with weak content now?
    I personally didn't have a problem with the progression tbh.
    What if the next drop is just more skins with nothing to extra for GA or even heroes?
    Will you defend it then still?

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    they cant talk to us.

Allow me to quote the EULA you agreed to by installing said game. Here is some background on what you paid for when you purchased this game LICENSE...
    3. Content and Entitlements

The EA Services include Content and Entitlements. Content is the software, technology, text, forum posts, chat posts, profiles, widgets, messages, links, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, code, and all audio visual or other material appearing on or emanating to or from EA Services, as well as the design and appearance of our websites. Content also includes user-generated Content ("UGC"). UGC includes EA Account personas, forum posts, profile content and other Content contributed by users to EA Services. All Content is either owned by EA or its licensors, or is licensed to EA and its licensors pursuant to Section 5 below.

Entitlements are rights that EA licenses to you to access or use the online or off-line elements of EA Services. Examples of Entitlements include access to digital or unlockable Content additional or enhanced functionality (including multiplayer services); subscriptions; virtual assets; unlock keys or codes, serial codes or online authentication; in-game achievements; virtual points, coins, or currencies.

Ok cool, now we know that we paid for a LICENSE to "Content" and "Entitlements"... but there is more!
    4. Availability of EA Services and Updates

We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.

From time to time, EA may update, change or modify an EA Service, Content or Entitlements, without notice to you. These updates and modifications may be required in order to continue to use EA Services.

EA may need to update, or reset certain parameters to balance game play and usage of EA Services. These updates or "resets" may cause you setbacks within the relevant game world and may affect characters, games, groups or other Entitlements under your control.

And finally, the coup de grace!
    12. Warranties; Limitation of Liability

IF YOU LIVE IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) OR SWITZERLAND, THE EA SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED WITH REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL AND NO OTHER PROMISES OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE EA SERVICES ARE MADE. IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE EEA AND SWITZERLAND, EA SERVICES ARE LICENSED AND PROVIDED "AS IS." YOU USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, EA GIVES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR PRACTICE. EA DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRODUCT OR EA SERVICE; THAT THE EA SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT OPERATION OF THE EA SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM ERRORS, BUGS, CORRUPTION, LOSS, INTERFERENCE, HACKING OR VIRUSES, OR THAT EA SERVICES WILL INTEROPERATE OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE. EA DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED VIA THE ORIGIN STORE. SEE https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/electronic-arts-warranty-policy/ FOR MORE INFORMATION ON STATUTORY WARRANTY AND OTHER STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS IN YOUR TERRITORY, AND https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/electronic-arts-warranty-policy/ FOR RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN CONSUMERS.

In short, you purchased the product "AS IS" when it was released, and you agreed by agreeing to the EULA that it didn't matter if the service met your requirements, that it was free from bugs or hacking, or that it would even have satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose and they do not protect you against interference of your enjoyment. Finally, you also waived your right to a jury trial or class action against EA, and agreed to enter into arbitration to resolve any disputes.

In short, EA owes you nothing as you already received the product (game usage license) you paid for, and nothing else was guaranteed/warrantied which you agreed with by agreeing to the EULA.
    Post edited by t3hBar0n on
  • Which means if they have given up on the game they are required to tell us, or even not they are required to keep us updated as per that EULA agreement
  • FreakyCrawdad
    1787 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If we got Anakin and Obi people would start **** that we didn't get Mace, or Ashoka, or Hux, or or or... Then of course we'd get posts about how Obi and Ani don't count, because they should have been here at launch. Then we'd get a thousand buff/nerf Obi/Ani threads. Then we'd get a thousand post about how anyone who wants buffs or nerfs needs to ltp and git gud.

I will only want Hux after everyone else. Love your post. Sadly, they don't listen.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • DarthJ
    6172 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    they cant talk to us.

I think he had to go back on that since he probably wasn't supposed to say. But even so, 12+ devs is alot to make content, especially when content has been done before launch.

I hope so. I guess its what area they have to focus on too. You may only have 3 guys on maps etc
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    14544 posts Member
    It seems ironic that we just got an announcement today and yet people are complaining about a lack of communication.

We need to nerf all the logic of your post ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• No u.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Spiito
    1706 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    *Enjoys reading the posts here/in this specific thread*

giphy.gif
  • they cant talk to us.

100+ people working on the game?
    That's probably including the human resource department, accounting, daily dispatch, the caterers, interns and the cleaning staff... and three actual developers porting Battlefront 1 content between coffee breaks.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Well, it sounds like we've got a lot of skins to buy or no more seasons after 2.
  • kez432 wrote: »
    Well, it sounds like we've got a lot of skins to buy or no more seasons after 2.

This seems to be the case unless I missed something? E3 teaser announcement for BF3 this year?