criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Why am I always placed on the losing team?

Prev1
I haven't won a single game in a week of playing the game for fun on the side, and i'm not exaggerating either- EA mods can check my stats. I'm always on the top 5 at the end of the game, usually no lower than 3rd on my team leaderboards but it seems every team I join is always in the middle of getting absolutely destroyed by the other team.

Is there anyway I can undo this curse and get back to being placed at apparently 50/50 winning/losing teams? This is the only game i've experienced with this happening on multiplayer.

Replies

• For all of you saying that I am the reason the teams are losing. This wasn't a problem for me a week ago, when I wasn't being placed on teams that are not just losing... they are getting demolished left and right. Like I run to the objective and it looks like Saving Private Ryan opening scene for our team. I check the leaderstats and half my team is dead almost all the time.

Since I am the common denominator in that- please tell me how can I revive half my team back from the dead??
  • DaxStorm
    570 posts Member
    I agree with previous posts saying that it’s because most people quit from the loosing/bad team, as such more spaces are always available on a poorer side, you just have to play a couple of rounds and hope that the balance sways your way.
  • I know anytime I’m top player on my side that our team will lose. I’m not a top player often. It happens typically when playing against a team of power players that mow through everything. My eliminations and xp will be somewhere between #8-10 on the other side. Been happening much more often lately. Really need to find a group to play with.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It’s not them it’s you. You’re the weak link.
    Post edited by Jello770 on
    Psn: Jello770
  • Got the same thing here, at first I didn't care much but after a few days of constant getting tossed into the losing team I'm really losing interest in playing this game. EA should definitely do something about this.
  • Yea its super annoying
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • LxTC_HQ
    603 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Probably because most losers quit and thus there are more open slots on losing teams... most winners stay and thus there is less spots on winning teams. Usually when I join a game if it is a random game I am placed on the losing team and it is my job to turn it into a winning team.

Pains me to stay with a losing team for a few matches and then suddenly have an urge to keep playing with that team to win.

wvpluzpdkre9.gif
  • Dannyboi82
    427 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I haven't won a single game in a week of playing the game for fun on the side, and i'm not exaggerating either- EA mods can check my stats. I'm always on the top 5 at the end of the game, usually no lower than 3rd on my team leaderboards but it seems every team I join is always in the middle of getting absolutely destroyed by the other team.

Is there anyway I can undo this curse and get back to being placed at apparently 50/50 winning/losing teams? This is the only game i've experienced with this happening on multiplayer.

Strangely I can testify that the past 3 nights pretty much same thing happened to me, last night we won the first match we were on then back to losing, and I mean steam rolled, me and my friend were in top 5 every match though with far superior scores like 3k more than people below us

Edit
    Like we'd be the only ones going for the ion rockets etc, one guy picked one up and ran around a building twice then stood out in the open got killed leaving that launcher in a terrible place.
    Post edited by Dannyboi82 on
  • i have experienced similar results though not for as long. i know what you mean about being placed in a bad team with hopeless situation and getting absolutely destroyed. Sometimes it seems we start out mid-way through a game that many have left already. the other team is already setup on the objective, they have snipers all over and flanks ready from every side. as soon as i approach i get gunned down in moments. no matter which way i try to approach the same thing will happen. the only solution is to prevent them from getting that ground in the first place, but its too late for that. just have to ride out and hope that eventually the other team wil be broken up (it wont becasue it wont scramble and wont boot the other team or yours to find a better match).
  • Lonnisity
    1953 posts Member
    Because people don’t leave a winning game, but people love to leave a game where they’re getting steamrolled. Guess where that leaves the open spot you’re about to fill?
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • OcDoc
    1957 posts Member
    I don’t find it unusual to join a bad team, lose a couple of times and then through player turnover start winning or going 50/50.

Going against a clan could derail that process though. Not much you can do with that other than leave or hope for a lucky draw of random players.
  • Take it as a compliment. Perhaps the matchmaking thinks you’re good enough to help the other team stand a chance.
  • Take it as a compliment. Perhaps the matchmaking thinks you’re good enough to help the other team stand a chance.

^^ this is what I wanted to say.
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Re: hvv.

I'm not sure this new matchmaking thing has helped at all. Is It just random? Anyway this happens to me a lot and I'm usually top player with no one else in my team on the board.

If you are a good player I think sometimes the game sticks you with not so good players for "balance" but since it's a team mode you can only do so much.
  • There are a lot of new players, a lot of great players, a string of bad luck, and no team scrambling (other than brief periods). That makes sense why you wouldn't win often.
    Middling streamer and lover of chile relleno, PSN ID: PopeHilarius

Check out my Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/popehilarius
  • I thought I was the only one.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Chicken_Waffles
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This is a serious problem that needs fixing. The team balance is completely broken!!!! FIX THIS!!!! Its making the game unplayable for solo players.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • moonalien wrote: »
    one word "clans" the people who are saying your the problem are in them! they cant play on their own because they lack the skills & they need to team up with better players to hold their hand!... Fact'

This right here. That was a problem in bf 2015(still is), and was pretty bad when I did play bf2.
  • SrawDawg
    957 posts Member
    It seems hard to keep "solid" HvV matches when I try to level up.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Play with friends.
    I'm always loosing when I'm alone.
    But always winning with a squad.
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Blame the matchmaking. It’s determined your too good and is trying to level you out. It’s a good self reassurance
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Zach
    549 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Probably because most losers quit and thus there are more open slots on losing teams... most winners stay and thus there is less spots on winning teams. Usually when I join a game if it is a random game I am placed on the losing team and it is my job to turn it into a winning team.

Retweet except for the part where I turn it into a winning team lol
  • Because the good teams stick together and don't leave while the bad ones keep getting recycled.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    I agree with previous posts saying that it’s because most people quit from the loosing/bad team, as such more spaces are always available on a poorer side, you just have to play a couple of rounds and hope that the balance sways your way.

My HvV Match Ratio for Tonight-

1/3 of the time my team steamrolled
    1/3 of the time my team was steamrolled (hard to level up heroes in these)
    1/3 of the time the match was even and close

I only quit and rejoined the mode once after several really bad steamrolls in a row. The rest of the time, I stuck with my team through steamrolling or being steamrolled.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • OcDoc
    1957 posts Member
    80-90% of my games are close and win somewhere are 65-70% of my matches but again, very close. Around 75% of the time I join a bad team when I login and most of my losses are the first game or two.

I don’t see a problem with the way it is. It makes sense you would join a bad team if you are good and it makes sense that a bad team would have more openings from players quitting than teams that win and are good.

If it makes you feel any better, tonight I think I may have been put on the worst team in gaming history. It happens.
  • LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    All I ask is the game not start until the teams are actually even. Tired of starting matches on a team that is 5 or more players down compared to the other in GA or SA. And then never getting any fill in until the very last seconds of the game.

Simple math that DICE just cannot seem to get right.
    I have never seen any team game be this far off simply in number of players per team.

Even during all of the MM live testing fiascos, there were still major player number imbalances that never got corrected.
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »
    All I ask is the game not start until the teams are actually even. Tired of starting matches on a team that is 5 or more players down compared to the other in GA or SA. And then never getting any fill in until the very last seconds of the game.

Simple math that DICE just cannot seem to get right.
    I have never seen any team game be this far off simply in number of players per team.

Even during all of the MM live testing fiascos, there were still major player number imbalances that never got corrected.

Agreed. DICE should scatter the top 5 players on each time to different sides if one team keeps getting steamrolled. What I don't understand is that Battlefront is supposed to be a casual, arcade, multiplayer shooter which I think the devs have done a lot to improve. When one team gets steamrolled continuously it makes me feel like it's supposed to be competitive, and this hinders my ability to enjoy this game. Sometimes it gets so bad I don't play for weeks and end up playing other games or doing something else. I hope DICE listens to their community feedback this time, not just for Battlefront but I see this in titles like Battlefield as well so in the future they might want to fix this because for me it's been a key factor on why I am getting frustrated with this game.
  • If I’m on a hopeless team, I’ll just emote repeatedly and do nothing and hopefully the other team won’t recognize me as a threat.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • If I’m on a hopeless team, I’ll just emote repeatedly and do nothing and hopefully the other team won’t recognize me as a threat.

tenor.gif?itemid=5413744
  • It happens in Battlefield games too, is a common trend with Dice games. A lot of games use either solo/team queue. I believe Dice just lump us all together, a team will always have a huge advantage over solo players. Even when you match similar skilled solo players against a similar skilled team, the team communicating will win nine times out of ten.
  • If you jump into a losing team it's because you are good and the game is trying to make the game balanced between the two teams but it doesn't work that way. Until they shuffle the teams between maps and identify groups this madness will continue.
  • valeri0706
    627 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, this is horrible.

90% of the time, I am placed in loosing teams in HvV. Most of my heroes/villains are lvl 40 and I am being placed with lvl 4-5 players that have no idea what to do.

It's really a horrible experience and we usually get wrecked 1-10 in a matter of 2-3 mins.
  • Because you atleast the one good player in the team haha
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • And also GA is the worst game mode and most triggering (imo) experience in the game apart form that its a cool big star wars battle experience with vehicles and heroes...
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • And also GA is the worst game mode and most triggering (imo) experience in the game apart form that its a cool big star wars battle experience with vehicles and heroes...

*cool big star wars battle experience with ion torpedoes and heroes
    Middling streamer and lover of chile relleno, PSN ID: PopeHilarius

Check out my Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/popehilarius
  • Around when Palp was removed I had a few HvV matches that after the game was over it would kill the room i was in and put all the players in a different room on random teams with different people. That was like the best glitch I ever had on BFII. You had a chance to have an entirely different team and the people from the last room where (if they made it into the same room as you) got scattered around on different teams. Sucks it was just a glitch though because those matches were great.
  • Ragequitters leave at the first sign of a potential loss, creates gaps for joining players. Sometimes you get teamed with good players sometimes you get teamed with bad players. Playing against better teams will increase your skill faster than having "easy" games so it's not all bad. But I agree teams should be rebalanced between maps.
  • For all of you saying that I am the reason the teams are losing. This wasn't a problem for me a week ago, when I wasn't being placed on teams that are not just losing... they are getting demolished left and right. Like I run to the objective and it looks like Saving Private Ryan opening scene for our team. I check the leaderstats and half my team is dead almost all the time.

Since I am the common denominator in that- please tell me how can I revive half my team back from the dead??
    Did you switch up your class? Or are you getting worse? JK, it's because clans like to play together and make the other team rage quit, creating open slots in which you will join.

"Never tell me the odds!"
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2553 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    A team with three rookies and one expert can be an unstoppable force in HvV AS LONG AS THEY WORK TOGETHER!

I had a combined 40 kills with Chewbacca in HvV today (and finished in the top 3 twice in only two Rebel rounds) and my Chewbacca is only Level 6. Seriously, teamwork is what wins HvV. The communication is what gives one team an advantage over a group of solo players.

On the flip side, my team was also steamrolled by a group of rookies because my other teammates were going cowboy. TEAMWORK WINS HvV!
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • Mouse92im wrote: »
    I know anytime I’m top player on my side that our team will lose. I’m not a top player often. It happens typically when playing against a team of power players that mow through everything. My eliminations and xp will be somewhere between #8-10 on the other side. Been happening much more often lately. Really need to find a group to play with.

You play on Xbox or PS4? Feel free to add me,Ill join you. Goes for anyone......

PS4-Stew
    Xbox-StewM2000
  • You bought the game twice? You must have pride and accomplishment to spare!
  • You bought the game twice? You must have pride and accomplishment to spare!

@HansTheBest

2at5dwl5rklr.gif
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg