criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Tired of noobs?

Anyone else just sick of getting put on a team of either noobs or otherwise who refuse to play the objectives, or are too stupid to, and go only for kills and as a result get steam rolled? It is happening a lot lately.

Replies

• NUBIESAN
    16 posts Member
    As one of the maligned noobs, I see if from the perspective of getting my level 2 characters creamed by the level 70s. Any chance we could be placed in games based on tiers?
  • Bturc0tt3
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    NUBIESAN wrote: »
    As one of the maligned noobs, I see if from the perspective of getting my level 2 characters creamed by the level 70s. Any chance we could be placed in games based on tiers?

Top-down situation is more infuriating. You spend more time as a good player than as a noob if you're improving and learning.

nothing Is more depressing than pushing yourself for 45-2 and still losing because there's four people with 1-9.... over and over.

I just wish there was a relative score bonus... to reward people who carry the team if they lose or win.... top place of each team gets ((their score)/(avg score)) * 500 credits/xp.
  • Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    It's not the fault of new players. Everyone is new and inexperienced at some point. The fault lies with awful matchmaking which makes the game frustrating for everyone. Anyone at a low level should certainly not be coming up against level 70 players.
  • Sudestbrewer
    44 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I've been playing this game since launch. The problem is that players in general are hyper-defensive and refuse to push objective, especially the defending team. Let's break this down. The assaulting team have 100 lives per objective; the defending team has infinite lives (who do you think has more to lose?). Why does the defensive team take poke shots from doorways only to be taken out by grenade spam (why are players so oblivious to this)? Why do players on both teams not rush a point when an officer gives them a command burst? The officer literally says a variation of "Go! GO! GO!" or "This is it, move in." The problem is the conventional paradigm in most first person shooters where your lives matter. In SWBF:2 there is no K/D and despite this, players don't see themselves as dispensable assets to complete an objective. It's funny because you can literally get top points and first at hero by simply doing the objective with 0 kills. Whats even more annoying than this is when encouraging your team to secure a point you hear something like "Vader is there, we can't."
  • I don't think it's the K\D. Without a squad spawn system after you die PTFO, it feels like a 10 mile trek to get back into the action, obviously this gets quite boring so people play defensively as theres no real reward for playing the objective.
    It's not just the defending team, I played strike on Endor and it was just two teams (mainly officers) setting up turrets and then just waiting, no one really made a move the entire match. Apart from Blast BF2 is a very dull game.
  • We're all noobs at some point, it's not the new guys fault their going up against veterans. Better matchmaking would be good though
  • Octavarius wrote: »
    It's not the fault of new players. Everyone is new and inexperienced at some point. The fault lies with awful matchmaking which makes the game frustrating for everyone. Anyone at a low level should certainly not be coming up against level 70 players.

For hvv...

As much as I hate being on a team of noobs you only get better by playing better players imo.
    But the game should balance it out and. It put all noobs and boobs vs pros.

Boobs are what I call players who don't defend or attack and hide when they aren't even the target.

• Plup17
    51 posts Member
    I look at it from a different perspective, I’m glad too see so many people are still getting into the game after the launch and negative publicity it had. Having this influx increases the life of the game and possibly continued content with a solid community.

You only get better from playing and hopefully with the test changes happening to MM the noobs are spread across both teams. HvV is a bit different as 4v4 there isn’t much place for not contributing, but again have to learn in the online environment somewhere.
  • Screw all the noobs. So done with being placed on their team.
  • Snake56
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Bturc0tt3 wrote: »
    Top-down situation is more infuriating. You spend more time as a good player than as a noob if you're improving and learning.
    nothing Is more depressing than pushing yourself for 45-2 and still losing because there's four people with 1-9.... over and over.
    You can't become a better player in this game, especially with the[removed]card system. A 1v1 situation in EA Battlefront 2 where a player is level 1 and the other one is at 50, the level 1 player will die because he doesn't have the cards unlocked or maxed out.
    Bturc0tt3 wrote: »
    I just wish there was a relative score bonus... to reward people who carry the team if they lose or win.... top place of each team gets ((their score)/(avg score)) * 500 credits/xp.
    It's an EA game where everybody is a winner and to be honest it's a Star Wars game, K/D shouldn't matter.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • People suck regardless of their level. That's an excuse. And noobs stay noobs as it seems. I mean it's just a game. Be a bold one like Obi Wan said. Stop being a sissy and play all passive.