criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Star Wars Battlefront II Canon?

This is something I've always wondered. Is everything in Star Wars Battlefront II canon? Of course this would exclude heroes in every era, but I mean the second attack on Naboo in Ga, or the resistance escape of DQuar in Starfighter assault. Are those battles Canon? If so, who wins them?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
bhih9jzeyr6i.gif

Replies

• JAREDUP
    1546 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    This is something I've always wondered. Is everything in Star Wars Battlefront II canon? Of course this would exclude heroes in every era, but I mean the second attack on Naboo in Ga, or the resistance escape of DQuar in Starfighter assault. Are those battles Canon? If so, who wins them?

Yeah it's now cannon the campaign is, also it's not the first time the empire attacked naboo, remember the 501st attacked naboo on the OG battlefront 2
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    Yeah, my favorite battle is when the droids attacked Kamino and Rey helped them defend against the leadership of Darth Vader. Also a bunch of naval officers happened to be chilling there to help fight for some reason.

Just kidding, of course. Campaign is all canon, but none of the multiplayer is.
  • I understand, but I am not just talking about the campaign. Ii know that's canon. I'm talking about the separatist second attack on Naboo in Galactic Assault. Im talking about all the multiplayer gamemodes (except HvV obviously)
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1546 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    I understand, but I am not just talking about the campaign. Ii know that's canon. I'm talking about the separatist second attack on Naboo in Galactic Assault. Im talking about all the multiplayer gamemodes (except HvV obviously)

The attack on kamino is cannon, kashyyyk battle is cannon, Yavin attack is cannon to a point, crait is cannon but not what happened. Some things aren't cannon for sure at least.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Empire_TW
    5903 posts Member
    Campaign is 100% canon

Multiplayer wise some of it is.

Tatooine, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Yavin 4, Hoth, Endor are canon event wise but what happens ingame isn't. Stuff like heroes present, the battles outcome, weapons present, and trooper configuration are obviously not canon.

Death Star 2, Naboo, Takudanna, StarKiller, Ryloth, and Jakku are probably not canon and are here just for content.

Dquar and Crait are loosly canon but aren't because they don't line up with the films probably due to lack of information during development.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes and no.

Things added in multiplayer are canon like Ewok hunt returning Wisties to canon, the classes are canon , as well as the weapons.

The Battles themselves are hard to say. Unless we see them reference in the campaign a movie , a book or a comic then they are not canon.

List of canon Battles according to the Wiki.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_battles

Looking thru this some of the in game battles might be canon. Like the second Battle of Hoth is canon. Is the Hoth in game supposed to represent the first Battle of Hoth or the Second? We don't know.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.