criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Battlefront 2's income isn't the only thing on proving ground

A_C0NFU53D_SH03
581 posts Member
edited May 2018
Similar to most of the fan base, I'm frustrated. We were promised a 3rd of the game in prequel content and what do we have? Yoda and Maul. Meanwhile there's 10 OT heroes. Seriously? Do you guys love the OT that much? Where's the main protagonist of the prequels? I've been very patient these past six months and despite a clone wars season "coming soon" never happened I still haven't uninstalled. I've been considering that a lot more lately though. Why did the progression system take 5 months to happen when it should've been 1 to 2? Anyway, the point of this thread is this game doesn't only have to prove itself to the reptiles in suits with cases just looking for money; but they have to prove themsleves this season to their playerbase. As it stands, I'm not impressed. We have a recycled smaller than normal map from the last game and starfighter assault in arcade. The AI was already there for that so that's not as big of a deal as people have made it. If they don't impress me with the rest of the content this season then I'm uninstalling. They've had six months and we have Jabba's palace. What a joke that is.

Replies

• I wouldn't recommend uninstalling. I have a feeling that we'll see a lot more content by Fall.

It all depends on what we get this season. This game isn't dead yet. It's holding on by the thread of a needle. This season must impress if the battlefront order is to survive.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Someone please insert the Mace Windu meme/gif as I'm on mobile
  • EA is like that gf who has the goods but you pay for it in other ways
  • I care about this game. I care about it so much that I pulled together my remaining brain cells to write this. But I'm close to giving up on it.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well the Original trilogy era is the era with the most movies and comics so it would make sense to focus on them.

There is 7 movies in the galactic civil war era. A new Hope , Empire strikes back , return of the jedi , Caravan of courage , Battle for Endor , Rogue one and Solo.

Almost countless new comics focusing on this era , like the Vader series, Doctor Aphra and more.

And then there is rebels tv show.

Its safe to say this is the biggest era.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I care about this game. I care about it so much that I pulled together my remaining brain cells to write this. But I'm close to giving up on it.

There's a lot of good games on the horizon as well. It's going to be to be hard trying to stick with Battlefront when there are a lot of better options coming up.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 5th of June this game will be dead to me at least for a bit when vampyr comes out
  • Well the Original trilogy era is the era with the most movies and comics so it would make sense to focus on them.

There is 7 movies in the galactic civil war era. A new Hope , Empire strikes back , return of the jedi , Caravan of courage , Battle for Endor , Rogue one and Solo.

Almost countless new comics focusing on this era , like the Vader series, Doctor Aphra and more.

And then there is rebels tv show.

Its safe to say this is the biggest era.

I haven't even heard of a couple if the movies you named. But let's not forgot about the clone wars tv show, which was much bigger than rebels. There's also a clone wars movie.
  • You can't actually justify 2 prequel heroes, can you? It's not even the main protagonist.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I care about this game. I care about it so much that I pulled together my remaining brain cells to write this. But I'm close to giving up on it.

There's a lot of good games on the horizon as well. It's going to be to be hard trying to stick with Battlefront when there are a lot of better options coming up.

I agree wholeheartedly, ea/dice doesn’t have room for error from this point on imo. If this season isn’t more than expected the playerbase will continue to decline reguardless of what fanboys think.

Then we move to season 3, the big one, the one where no excuse will justify anything short of amazing. That is the games lifeline imo, fail there and it’s gaming suicide with competition like battlefield 2018, COD 4, and RD2 coming in around October. I hope dice has something big up their sleeves.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2290 posts Member
    Season 2 part 2 better be good, season 3 better be epic, like u say, no more excuses other than the skeleton crew speculations.
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    There are 10 OT heroes because they are recycled from the first game.

They are lazy.
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    There are 10 OT heroes because they are recycled from the first game.

They are lazy.

If they were lazy, they wouldn’t use new models, animations, voices, and abilities for their OT characters, but they did. They basically designed them all from the ground up.
  • Similar to most of the fan base, I'm frustrated. We were promised a 3rd of the game in prequel content and what do we have? Yoda and Maul. Meanwhile there's 10 OT heroes. Seriously? Do you guys love the OT that much? Where's the main protagonist of the prequels? I've been very patient these past six months and despite a clone wars season "coming soon" never happened I still haven't uninstalled. I've been considering that a lot more lately though. Why did the progression system take 5 months to happen when it should've been 1 to 2? Anyway, the point of this thread is this game doesn't only have to prove itself to the reptiles in suits with cases just looking for money; but they have to prove themsleves this season to their playerbase. As it stands, I'm not impressed. We have a recycled smaller than normal map from the last game and starfighter assault in arcade. The AI was already there for that so that's not as big of a deal as people have made it. If they don't impress me with the rest of the content this season then I'm uninstalling. They've had six months and we have Jabba's palace. What a joke that is.

Well, technically...you also have Palpatine who was in the PT, Vader who was in ROS, Chewbacca who was in ROS, as well as Luke and Leia who made an appearance at the very end of ROS.

Plus there is Kashyyk, Naboo, Kamino, and the couple of Star Fighter Assault maps along with the prequel Blast maps and HvV maps.
  • Cronik
    29 posts Member
    We need more maps for GA badly and bringing turning point game mode back would be awesome. If I were them I would just bring all the maps and game modes from the first game in to this game instead of the rubbish they have provided us with so far.
  • Similar to most of the fan base, I'm frustrated. We were promised a 3rd of the game in prequel content and what do we have? Yoda and Maul. Meanwhile there's 10 OT heroes. Seriously? Do you guys love the OT that much? Where's the main protagonist of the prequels? I've been very patient these past six months and despite a clone wars season "coming soon" never happened I still haven't uninstalled. I've been considering that a lot more lately though. Why did the progression system take 5 months to happen when it should've been 1 to 2? Anyway, the point of this thread is this game doesn't only have to prove itself to the reptiles in suits with cases just looking for money; but they have to prove themsleves this season to their playerbase. As it stands, I'm not impressed. We have a recycled smaller than normal map from the last game and starfighter assault in arcade. The AI was already there for that so that's not as big of a deal as people have made it. If they don't impress me with the rest of the content this season then I'm uninstalling. They've had six months and we have Jabba's palace. What a joke that is.

Well, technically...you also have Palpatine who was in the PT, Vader who was in ROS, Chewbacca who was in ROS, as well as Luke and Leia who made an appearance at the very end of ROS.

Plus there is Kashyyk, Naboo, Kamino, and the couple of Star Fighter Assault maps along with the prequel Blast maps and HvV maps.

Seriously that's ****. You could then say the same about Yoda. I'm talking about characters who originated from the prequel trilogy. Anakin is completely different from Vader. And two babys count as prequel content? That's literally the so dumb to say.