criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do Not Give Away The New Skins With Daily Challenges

Sgt_Fergus
2108 posts Member
Something that really annoyed me with the last update of content was how I used credits to buy a Leia endor skin and then later it was given out to everyone for free as a challenge you could unlock so all I got was 1000 credits for what was worth 40,000 credits. For these and future skins, do not give them away at all for dailies, and if you are planning to, then reimburse those that already unlocked it through credits buy giving the same number they spent to unlock because that isn't fair for those that already got it. I feel even worse for those that use real money for a skin out to later unlock it in a challenge. Supposedly this new skin for Leia is rumored to be 100,000 credits but I don't know as update has not hit Xbox yet so I don't know but if that is true, that would be worse if you give it away a week later for free and give everyone else that saved up and bought day one just 1000 credits back.

Replies

• jonci
    680 posts Member
    Agree with you giving them away after some people spend credits on them is naughty. Don't forget thought they did the same with heroes and their ships, no talk of refunding them, and it was a significant amount in total as well as the time it took to grind for them.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
    Rebel against EOR MM in the hope it gets removed.
  • Devlin21
    8196 posts Member
    @F8RGE has already confirmed they wont.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    Agree with you giving them away after some people spend credits on them is naughty. Don't forget thought they did the same with heroes and their ships, no talk of refunding them, and it was a significant amount in total as well as the time it took to grind for them.

Ya and for those that use money on cosmetics, I can see why the rumor is going around that DICE is not making enough on people paying. Why pay when they are giving them away for free? It makes no logical sense. Hell I was almost convinced in buying but after that stunt I don't even feel like even doing the thought of that. That would be like the days of GOW2 where I bought some DLC maps and after buying them all, a week later they put on the store 3 map packs for 1 bundle price at the value I had bought the maps. it was only a week after the 3rd map pack launched. I was fuming about that and they wouldn't give a refund even though they literally gave away all the maps for the game for $5 but made people a week after the last maps came out spend $10. I sat there like "wtf?"
    @F8RGE has already confirmed they wont.

Thank god, but I will be holding his word to it as they made promises before. Still waiting for them Droidekas, Anakin, Kenobi, Grevious, ARC troopers, and Geonosis they already teased us with. If you saw that new edit about Geonosis in the update that they redacted right away.
  • ReyZaBurrel
    155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't know if you noticed but, majority of these skin were designed to be challenge skins or in the case of the Rey/Kylo skins, cosmetics that were either scrapped Pre-order DLC content or Season 1 content which they took out of Season 1.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    I don't know if you noticed but, majority of these skin were designed to be challenge skins or in the case of the Rey/Kylo skins, cosmetics that were either scrapped Pre-order DLC content or Season 1 content which they took out of Season 1.

I'm talking about giving away a brand spanking new Leia Endor skin, making people pay 40k in credits and then next week giving that away as a challenge. that my friend was frustrating and so I'm saying do not give away the new TLJ leia skin and lando skin for a simple challenge. they have to earn it the same way or refund everyone that bought it as that would be insulting for people spending 120,000 credits that they worked towards only to give them away for free.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Something that really annoyed me with the last update of content was how I used credits to buy a Leia endor skin and then later it was given out to everyone for free as a challenge you could unlock so all I got was 1000 credits for what was worth 40,000 credits. For these and future skins, do not give them away at all for dailies, and if you are planning to, then reimburse those that already unlocked it through credits buy giving the same number they spent to unlock because that isn't fair for those that already got it. I feel even worse for those that use real money for a skin out to later unlock it in a challenge. Supposedly this new skin for Leia is rumored to be 100,000 credits but I don't know as update has not hit Xbox yet so I don't know but if that is true, that would be worse if you give it away a week later for free and give everyone else that saved up and bought day one just 1000 credits back.

Agreed, this really **** me of.
  • I believe they SHOULD give away skins. They could give away refunds OR other things of **equal** value. They could introduce those garbage skins that are just heads. They could create ALL new skins that require a VERY LONG series of challenges, like 20 or 30 individual ones, that comparatively, would at least net 1/2 what the value of the skin is while doing the garbage they do which is to force you to play all the new stuff you don't like anyway, BUT you would get a skin. I would 100% support EA if they did this. Honestly I think it would be one of the BEST MOVES they could make, release new skins and make you WORK to earn them. I am for that. Give me NEW, GOOD skins and I WILL continue to play the game and support it. Keep doing what you are doing and you have absolutely nothing but my scorn.
  • DCDT
    82 posts Member
    Just do it like with the Hoth appearences, earnable first, purchasable later.
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »

The skins thing I agree with. But the Heroes and Ships were cheap to buy with credits. I had purchased all before they made them free to everyone and it didn't bother me at all.
  • Yep, me too. I never bought any heros till they dropped the price. Then I bought them all. However since the "new skins" and the "new HEADS" I have not bought a single thing. Nothing. Sitting on 61 crates (unopened) and 500K and 1440 parts, so 1440/40 = 36 unspent points. All the cards I care about are purple. All my characters are over 25. 1/3 approaching lvl 40. I am no slouch in this game. I would LOVE for this game to be something I enjoy talking about at work but most people I know who have it quit playing. Those who haven't bought it have HEARD about "how bad it is" and just haven't even looked into buying it.
  • JAREDUP
    1352 posts Member
    @Sgt_Fergus could you send me the link of that gif you got, I liked that youtube video a lot and the gif is amazing

For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    @Sgt_Fergus could you send me the link of that gif you got, I liked that youtube video a lot and the gif is amazing

Sent you a PM with it