criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Master And Apprentice Challenge Bugged

Sgt_Fergus
2211 posts Member
edited May 2018
So apparently you need to do Rey and Luke and be in a party and have to have both heroes played in a round and kill the enemy. But it's on and off counting assists. we did a round and I got both kills but progress counted for both. but then we did another game in that round both Rey and Luke and killed both and that match we only got 1 progress, he got a kill and I got a kill. so the counting seems to off.

*UPDATE* Ya it's bugged. We did a strategy where 1 person gets a kill a round, we lost the first 1 and got no keels as L&R but next round my friend got a kill and we let the other enemy player, palpy, kill us. Then the next round we killed both enemies as LR and I got 1 and he got 1. So collectively that should have been 3 points of progress giving us 6. because the hero match before that we got only 1 and the match before that we got 2 which i stated before was the issue as it was inconsistently counting. But we ended the match with both enemy players quitting and all we had for progress was 2. So total was 5 instead of 6.

Okay we got 3 kills as L&R and 0 progress made at the end of this round. so there is a count issue.
Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on

Replies

• Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    So 2 matches now in a round we both as Luke n Rey killed both players in a round on the enemy team and no progress made. We are now stuck at 5 progress and can't go further. This is bugged and progress can't be made.
  • I didn't experience a bug, but I did discover an important requirement in the counting process.

I just completed the challenge and received the reward after I realized why I was losing out on kill counts while playing as either Luke or Rey. You have to make sure that the kills happen "as a team", meaning that both players have to be alive at the time of the kill. It dawned on me after an entire match with NO kills counted where it seemed as if we had 4 in the bag. The problem was that either I or my teammate had been eliminated early on, leaving just one of us in play and BEFORE the other had executed the kills in question.

I then found that as long as both players are alive when each kill occurs, and at least one of the teammates is playing as either Luke or Rey, the kills counted without fail.

Bonus Tip: I found that the best strategy was to NOT have both Luke and Rey playing together in the same round. Save one to use in the next round after the first victory in order to maximize your efforts. If done correctly you could snag a full 6 kills together in just one match.

For example, kill one enemy and lose to the other in the first 2 rounds while using Luke and Han, then win the third round as Luke and Han, then win the following match using Rey and Finn. then use Yoda and Leia (or whoever) to win the 5th round and take the victory.

Also, just to be cool, if someone on the other team is playing as Maul you might consider letting them be the one to win a round against you since they may be trying to snag that challenge as well. WIN/WIN!!

Those are my thoughts and suggestions based upon my own personal experience with this particular challenge while playing on PS4. Results may vary? Can anyone else confirm success on other platforms or perhaps have any better suggestions or strategies that might help out anyone out there who may be stuck?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    I didn't experience a bug, but I did discover an important requirement in the counting process.

I just completed the challenge and received the reward after I realized why I was losing out on kill counts while playing as either Luke or Rey. You have to make sure that the kills happen "as a team", meaning that both players have to be alive at the time of the kill. It dawned on me after an entire match with NO kills counted where it seemed as if we had 4 in the bag. The problem was that either I or my teammate had been eliminated early on, leaving just one of us in play and BEFORE the other had executed the kills in question.

I then found that as long as both players are alive when each kill occurs, and at least one of the teammates is playing as either Luke or Rey, the kills counted without fail.

Bonus Tip: I found that the best strategy was to NOT have both Luke and Rey playing together in the same round. Save one to use in the next round after the first victory in order to maximize your efforts. If done correctly you could snag a full 6 kills together in just one match.

For example, kill one enemy and lose to the other in the first 2 rounds while using Luke and Han, then win the third round as Luke and Han, then win the following match using Rey and Finn. then use Yoda and Leia (or whoever) to win the 5th round and take the victory.

Also, just to be cool, if someone on the other team is playing as Maul you might consider letting them be the one to win a round against you since they may be trying to snag that challenge as well. WIN/WIN!!

Those are my thoughts and suggestions based upon my own personal experience with this particular challenge while playing on PS4. Results may vary? Can anyone else confirm success on other platforms or perhaps have any better suggestions or strategies that might help out anyone out there who may be stuck?

wow they really need to be more descriptive on this. it was so not explained well in the description
  • Do they do a good job of anything?
  • Yeah, it's not working, mine is stuck at 4, we killed both people in 1 round and we were both still alive, but I got 0 points towards the milestone :/

Welp, that milestone was..... A TRAP! xD
  • 50rc3r3r
    24 posts Member
    1k credits for this dumb quest. Not worth it at all
  • Sorry that my tips may not have helped those who still had issues after trying them out. I honestly thought that I had discovered the solution to the issue after experiencing issues myself and I'm truly sorry if my advice wasn't able to help several of you who tried them and still were unable to get the achievement.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    So both Rey and Luke need to be played and both need to be alive to get it to count as a kill. We did this strategy, since we were pros at the game. we intentionally lost round 1 n 2 and only got 1 kill while both alive and let the other enemy kill us both and round 3 we kill them both and finish off the game winning the next 2 rounds. so each game we would get a total of 4 points of progress on the challenge so took us 3 matches as lightside heroes to get this done so total of 6 matches since every other you had to play as both sides and switch each game
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    50rc3r3r wrote: »
    1k credits for this dumb quest. Not worth it at all

i got an emote from it
  • 50rc3r3r
    24 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thats the sad part of the skin and emotes chests. You always get only 1k credits when you already have it....
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    50rc3r3r wrote: »
    Thats the sad part of the skin and emotes chests. You always get only 1k credits when you already have it....

even if its a 40,000 credit leia skin you already had unlocked xD
  • And now bounty galore doesn’t work either.
  • Kifaru
    22 posts Member
    yeah its a joke
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    So apparently you need to do Rey and Luke and be in a party and have to have both heroes played in a round and kill the enemy. But it's on and off counting assists. we did a round and I got both kills but progress counted for both. but then we did another game in that round both Rey and Luke and killed both and that match we only got 1 progress, he got a kill and I got a kill. so the counting seems to off.

*UPDATE* Ya it's bugged. We did a strategy where 1 person gets a kill a round, we lost the first 1 and got no keels as L&R but next round my friend got a kill and we let the other enemy player, palpy, kill us. Then the next round we killed both enemies as LR and I got 1 and he got 1. So collectively that should have been 3 points of progress giving us 6. because the hero match before that we got only 1 and the match before that we got 2 which i stated before was the issue as it was inconsistently counting. But we ended the match with both enemy players quitting and all we had for progress was 2. So total was 5 instead of 6.

Okay we got 3 kills as L&R and 0 progress made at the end of this round. so there is a count issue.

Are u the kind of person who tries to revive your dead pets aswell?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2211 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Are u the kind of person who tries to revive your dead pets aswell?

???