criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Armor customization

I’ve been puttin a lot of thought into this and realize if EA has something in the works already his will get ignored but does anyone remember how WILDLY successful Halo reach was with its amor customization mechanics. It was rank and credit oriented like battlefront currently is, you could mix and match pieces and colors. And with the clone troopers plugged into this system or basically any of the light side factions, it wouldn’t break canon. It could provide a personal feel to your trooper. Granted the empire would be more difficult but I’m sure as a group a solution could be made. Any thoughts? Anyone at EA willing to finally address the fans in regards to this??

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I’d love this.
    Psn: Jello770
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    Problem is in this game that the classes are partly defined and locked in strictly with their appearances. Can't really have overlap there so long as this system remains. Also, this would only really work well and extensively for the light side probably. Dark side has fewer options.
  • That’s true. The dark side would have to make more use of skins. But there are still things you could make as add ons for each class.
  • If you check the Star Wars wiki there’s actually a huge amount of Canon variations of stormtrooper armor
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    Problem is in this game that the classes are partly defined and locked in strictly with their appearances. Can't really have overlap there so long as this system remains. Also, this would only really work well and extensively for the light side probably. Dark side has fewer options.