criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Lag source?

2Next

Replies

• I checked while in the game, I am not connecting to any IP in Ohio through Origin.

That's surprising. What IPs are you seeing Origin.exe have TCP connections to?

D.C. and Chicago.

As I stated, the client doesn't handle what servers the game connects to. The game itself does that. The client just handles purchases, updates, data backup, and downloading.

I have no idea how it works, but I'm a little skeptical of your explanation (although I'm by no means saying it is wrong). If that's all the client is doing, why does the client have open TCP connections to Viriginia, DC, Illinois, etc.?

Don't assume the code is clean - ('incorrect') connections are opened and left open for no good reason?
  • They really need to fix their lag. Or they need to make it to where the players that are suffering from their lag are not chosen as the target. Because I lost my team, 3 points because of this lag. It is not my connection, it is their servers; because this issue only happens in this game.

I keep lagging as well and they are not addressing the issue
  • They really need to fix their lag. Or they need to make it to where the players that are suffering from their lag are not chosen as the target. Because I lost my team, 3 points because of this lag. It is not my connection, it is their servers; because this issue only happens in this game.

I keep lagging as well and they are not addressing the issue

They haven't bothered for years
  • I checked while in the game, I am not connecting to any IP in Ohio through Origin.

D.C. and Chicago.

As I stated, the client doesn't handle what servers the game connects to. The game itself does that. The client just handles purchases, updates, data backup, and downloading.

I have no idea how it works, but I'm a little skeptical of your explanation (although I'm by no means saying it is wrong). If that's all the client is doing, why does the client have open TCP connections to Viriginia, DC, Illinois, etc.?

It's hard to say. Most likely data centers for security, or cloud storage and backup storage.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Where did they confirm that all NA servers point to Calif? Because I'm pointed there even when sitting in the menu. My GAME is connecting to Calif regardless of being in the menu or playing multiplayer. I should only be connecting to the Calif server in the menu if it's the cloud storage or something like that. I shouldn't be routed through that just to play multiplayer. Going from me to Calif, to Ohio, to Calif, and back to me, is excessive and a huge problem. It's also really bad networking.

SBMM doesn't affect the connection. And I doubt it's in the game, because if it is, it doesn't work at all.

you just literally answered your own question.

all the server browser options dont work, every single browser points to california anyway, it was already confirmed a while back. plus the addition of sbmm increases the fuel of lag, plus late nights and different time zones, different countries are up and running and the farther away they are the bigger the latency.
    I checked while in the game, I am not connecting to any IP in Ohio through Origin.

D.C. and Chicago.

it takes the different locations of players and the different server browser locations they added to collect data in that region and send it back to california, when you launch the game it loads a lot longer because its trying to get all the information from the server regarding your account. atleast i would assume, one of the biggest issues is the Collections Tab, thats one of the causes of lag.
  • Rook008
    845 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »
    every single browser points to california anyway, it was already confirmed a while back.

lol

Who confirmed that, and where? Can you specify a post or tweet or anything by DIce or EA to back up your claims?

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • rebuiltHK47
    246 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    <Formatting broke, redid post below.>
    Post edited by rebuiltHK47 on

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    Where did they confirm that all NA servers point to Calif? Because I'm pointed there even when sitting in the menu. My GAME is connecting to Calif regardless of being in the menu or playing multiplayer. I should only be connecting to the Calif server in the menu if it's the cloud storage or something like that. I shouldn't be routed through that just to play multiplayer. Going from me to Calif, to Ohio, to Calif, and back to me, is excessive and a huge problem. It's also really bad networking.

SBMM doesn't affect the connection. And I doubt it's in the game, because if it is, it doesn't work at all.

you just literally answered your own question.

all the server browser options dont work, every single browser points to california anyway, it was already confirmed a while back. plus the addition of sbmm increases the fuel of lag, plus late nights and different time zones, different countries are up and running and the farther away they are the bigger the latency.
    I checked while in the game, I am not connecting to any IP in Ohio through Origin.

D.C. and Chicago.

it takes the different locations of players and the different server browser locations they added to collect data in that region and send it back to california, when you launch the game it loads a lot longer because its trying to get all the information from the server regarding your account. atleast i would assume, one of the biggest issues is the Collections Tab, thats one of the causes of lag.

England. The IP is in England. 159.153.38.49 is in England, specifically London.

And I second the request, again : Where is your proof of confirmation?

SBMM doesn't affect the internet connection.

And pulling up collections? That doesn't take all the internet at all times. It's pulled up once, updated between matches. That's it. That's why whatever progress you made is lost if you quit/get booted before the match ends (and apparently also when you lag a ton, though I haven't been able to confirm that part).

• I've been booted twice again due to being idle and lost all stats from the matches before due to all the lag.

What makes me even angrier about this bull crap, is that when I try to play online with my friend, I always have one of three things happen:

1) We get put on a loser team that can't do anything but get steamrolled, and it doesn't change all day.

2) We get put into empty lobbies all day long.

3) When finally get into a match with the teams that are good, my internet goes to crap and I can't do anything but get booted for being idle!!

Whatever system that tells the game/my computer what IP addresses are closest to connect to that has the lowest latency IS CLEARLY NOT WORKING if it's sending me to LONDON ENGLAND instead of the IP located in the state of OHIO in the UNITED STATES which is TWO STATES AWAY from me!

• It's been over a month since this thread was started and I think we can all conclude that EA servers are complete garbage.

Their anti-cheat software is a complete joke and the routing system for SWBF2 is a complete mess.

I haven't actually played online in over two months. I just log in for the free credits to buy new Heroes/Villains that will be added in the future.

How bad is the PC population now? Finding games was getting to be a real pain back in March so I am guessing that the population has dropped even more since then? (I live in Northern California on the coast just south of the Oregon border).

KC
  • Guess what, I changed my monitor - and lag disappeared.
  • So what was your old monitor and what is the new monitor?

I use a 27" G-Sync @ 2160x1440 with 144Hz refresh rate, but I cap the FPS to 141 in Nvidia Inspector.

I usually experienced lag at the beginning of a GA match but it cleared up after a few seconds, and have experienced the wonderful rubberbanding in every game mode.

I play the PC version.

KC
  • It's been over a month since this thread was started and I think we can all conclude that EA servers are complete garbage.

Their anti-cheat software is a complete joke and the routing system for SWBF2 is a complete mess.

I haven't actually played online in over two months. I just log in for the free credits to buy new Heroes/Villains that will be added in the future.

How bad is the PC population now? Finding games was getting to be a real pain back in March so I am guessing that the population has dropped even more since then? (I live in Northern California on the coast just south of the Oregon border).

KC

i'm getting slightly more PC games now, long may that continue!
  • Guess what, I changed my monitor - and lag disappeared.

If only such things affected the internet. And if only that were the issue, which I have repeatedly made clear it isn't.

• His older monitor might have been creating a CPU bottleneck and that would definitely affect their lag. The graphics of SWBF2 are amazing with the right computer components but the game itself is poorly optimized when it comes to the CPU.

KC
  • His older monitor might have been creating a CPU bottleneck and that would definitely affect their lag. The graphics of SWBF2 are amazing with the right computer components but the game itself is poorly optimized when it comes to the CPU.

KC

The monitor wouldn't cause a CPU bottleneck. The display is all handled by the GPU. If the GPU can handle more than the CPU, then the CPU would create a bottleneck. The same could happen in reverse. But the monitor doesn't cause a bottleneck. The monitor also doesn't cause FPS problems ever. It doesn't work that way.

• Well, I was hoping the ping site fix would correct this problem. It didn't. And the empty lobby problem still exists. Maybe if that gets fixed the problem with me being sent to England will get fixed? Maybe? No? I doubt it will.

Whatever you have setup to tell my game/computer/internet source what IP is closest isn't working right. London isn't closer than Ohio.

• My Ping site is always default Germany 10ms im from Netherlands and also have bad lag quite alot lately.
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Zepapa
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Since the update I couldn't get into a game which wasn't constantly heavily lagging. I'm also assigned to the German ping server, from Hungary. But I tried many other ping servers, and same result there. Well not the same, because I was the only one in those games...

This game is unplayable now. It's impossible to play with this amount of constant lagg.
  • Source ? EA EA EA EA EA EA EA
  • rebuiltHK47
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The issue that has existed since launch has yet to be taken care of. I have brought this up with AnswersHQ support, and they say to call my isp because the route is wrong and the isp needs to deal with it. My isp says that this issue is not their fault. Why? Because it's not them that determines the route or destination IP. The game determines the destination, the destination determines the route. Here's another reason it's not my isp: I used a different internet connection, and it STILL sent me to the same IP in London England. Even if I hadn't used a different connection, it's proven that it's not my ISP by the fact that OTHERS with different connections from mine have THE SAME ISSUE.

I'm still being sent to the IP in London England even though the game is set to the default latency setting. I have also noticed that the Ohio server is gone. I had 60ms to that. The next closest is in Virginia at 88ms. But I'm still not connecting to it. I know 88ms in an FPS, and I'm not getting 88ms.

Whatever determines what IP to connect to, isn't working. When I load up the game itself, I am connecting to the IP 159.153.38.49. That connection isn't changing when I hop into a match. I'm being routed to servers close to that IP, not close to myself, maybe even back to the U.S. I shouldn't be connecting to a London IP for the menu in the first place. It should be a U.S. IP.

So if someone is willing to give some REAL assistance, I'm down.

• I was also in discord voice chat the other day, and it was severely affected by the lag. It indicated as much as 12,000ms each time. I was disconnected from voice several times.

• a few days ago I was playing while in discord voice chat. I lagged up in battlefront bigtime, and it was affecting voice chat in discord. Discord showed a lag time of 12,000ms. When I left the match, it went away.

a few days later I used my satellite internet to connect to the game. As I stated before, my ISP is not the issue because I play over the cell network of AT&T through StraightTalk using 3G.

Both my satellite and phone tether send me to the same IP address of 159.153.38.49. That is located in London England.

then I went to a friend's house, I still connected to the same IP. However I had no lag, or if I did, it wasn't hugely noticeable.

I should still not be connecting to that IP address. I already know my connection type is not superb and that there will be some lag, but I should not have lag at over 120ms, and definitely as high as 12kms.

so today I got on again at home, and my default ping side (the data center) that is closest is US Virginia at 80ms. I hopped into a match, was lagging so bad I couldn't move, and when I died, I couldn't spawn back in. I had to leave because everyone was jumping around and it wouldn't stop.

The game says the datacenter I have selected is in Virginia, but the game is connecting to a London England datacenter. I am having zero problems with all other games.

I'm still posting on AHQ, but I'm being ignored. That's some fine CS there.

• BiggsCV
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    There is what I believe a severe memory leak that was brought on in the last patch. The lag is terrible as ever. I used to get 80-100 FPS, never lower than 60, now it drops down to 14. Something really screwed up in this last patch.