criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Why does it take so long to get a 2v2 game going?

I regularly wait in a lobby for over 5 minutes waiting for one person to join. Is there really nobody playing this game? What is going on? Is this something that can be fixed? This is agonizing. I look at the menu screen more than I actually play this 3 minute game mode.

Replies

• Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Dannyboi82 wrote: »
    Because it's a bad mode that most people have already stopped playing only 24hrs later, bad credit gain, long load times and buggy, awesome for 6 months of work!!
    This guy gets it
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    Something I noticed yesterday while waiting for a 4th player... If somebody from the team with 2 players leaves, the game starts in a 1 vs 1 duel.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • IronSoldier
    3611 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited May 2018
    There's a bug with the mode on servers. When there's one space free sometimes the server will oft register it as full. I have had it 3 times where im alone vs 2 waiting for players. Get a friend to join me and they go straight into a queue.
  • jonci
    1016 posts Member
    I noted on a few occasions that if you have 2 on a team and none on the other, then it is nearly impossible to get 2 for the other team in, seems to take forever and a day, if at all, yet if you bang out and go back in then it generally drops you into a game.
  • Spiito
    1876 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    Something I noticed yesterday while waiting for a 4th player... If somebody from the team with 2 players leaves, the game starts in a 1 vs 1 duel.

I've only seen that during a match. It should really be a feature that's included for lobbies too. Instead of being made to wait for 2 additional players to start the game.
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • I like it and would play it more, but I would rather play all the maps so I've went back to HvV.
  • Yes, this new mode is worse so far, too much waiting, devs could you fix it please? Make it start with 1vs1 or 2v2, make also HvV to start with even teams and not all that annoying waiting for last missing player. Showdown should be 2-4 player mode and HvV should be 4-8 player mode, not mandatory for 4 or 8 people only.
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »

I've only seen that during a match. It should really be a feature that's included for lobbies too. Instead of being made to wait for 2 additional players to start the game.

Yeah, sadly it only works after the first round. I agree with making it possible in lobbies too. If the ability is there between rounds, it should be there from the start.
    quenaelin wrote: »
    Yes, this new mode is worse so far, too much waiting, devs could you fix it please? Make it start with 1vs1 or 2v2, make also HvV to start with even teams and not all that annoying waiting for last missing player. Showdown should be 2-4 player mode and HvV should be 4-8 player mode, not mandatory for 4 or 8 people only.

As I said before, 1 vs 1 works between rounds.
  • Idk what is going on with the servers or maybe it's just this mode, but whenever I play the connections are pure garbage. There is so much desync happening as well as annoying glitches that I've never had before.

I've gotten stuck in place with Rey on the staircase at the light side spawn from dashing while on the steps, as well as no saber blade, and not being able to attack with her. I've also gotten a glitch with boba where his jetpack doesn't work, all he does is hop but no jetpack. Luke's repulse and Vader a choke weren't working for me either.

I don't know if these problems are exclusive to this mode (although I've never experienced them until I played hero showdown) or maybe it's due to the new patch, but it is aggravating. Also, not to mention the matchmaking is so bad that I've been getting matched with people playing from china and I'm in the east us. Idk if the devs intended it to be like this or the mode is so dead that they have to put people in a match together from halfway across the planet.
  • TheScape wrote: »

Yes I know that but it isn't good enough, there is too much waiting when starting game, I have noticed that there are two things people hate, losing and waiting, this game mode has them both and it doesn't help if you are bad in HvV. 1 vs 1 should work right from the start if there wasn't enough people joining, why to wait for mandatory 2 vs 2? Same thing with HvV, it should be with even teams for 4-8 players not mandatory 8 players.

• TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    quenaelin wrote: »

Yes I know that but it isn't good enough, there is too much waiting when starting game, I have noticed that there are two things people hate, losing and waiting, this game mode has them both and it doesn't help if you are bad in HvV. 1 vs 1 should work right from the start if there wasn't enough people joining, why to wait for mandatory 2 vs 2? Same thing with HvV, it should be with even teams for 4-8 players not mandatory 8 players.

I completely agree with you on that. If there is 1 player on each team the match should start in a 1 vs 1. If new people join during the duel, let them spectate (like when you die).

They could expand the spectator role to HvV as well, and let the game start with balanced teams only. For example if the game started in a 1 vs 1 in HvV and two players join (one on each team), let them both spawn. If only 1 joins, let him spectate until another joins on the other team.
  • Nnagildan
    154 posts Member
    Yep spending way too much time waiting for the game to rebalance after someone quits
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    I regularly wait in a lobby for over 5 minutes waiting for one person to join. Is there really nobody playing this game? What is going on? Is this something that can be fixed? This is agonizing. I look at the menu screen more than I actually play this 3 minute game mode.

Experiencing this right now on PS4 my partner just left after the game had finished...now it seems no one else wants to play....

Cheers
    PSN: auldtam
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Now another has left....wait now I am on my own....
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    I might go and make a cup of coffee.....
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Someone has joined....just need 2 more....
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Coffee made...Nescafe Azera....yum...
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    D### back to needing 3
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    auldtam wrote: »
    Someone has joined....just need 2 more....

Don’t hold your breath... I waited forever yesterday similarly and found it was faster to just leave the game and then rejoin another match. This is annoying because of all the loading time required to go back and forth... in/out of this mode. Also it was annoying because my teammate was actually good and we worked together well after winning the previous game.
  • quenaelin
    935 posts Member
    This is Slowdown HvV mode :smile:
  • Frimmel
    613 posts Member
    Dannyboi82 wrote: »
    Because it's a bad mode that most people have already stopped playing only 24hrs later, bad credit gain, long load times and buggy, awesome for 6 months of work!!

This and it is a hero mode and I generally don't find heroes all that interesting. I'm not very good with them really. I think this is likely a better mode for improving or understanding heroes but I'd rather just go play as a trooper or hopefully get an AT-ST in GA.
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Might just stay on and see how long it takes...or doesn't.......

• auldtam
    136 posts Member
    15 mins gone.....

Either no one is playing or...

The matchmaking doesn't b####y work!!

Come on DICE!
  • Empire_TW
    6435 posts Member
    Yeah must be something with the servers, strike servers has some issues too.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Optimistic..now only need 1
  • jonci
    1016 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Yeah these are on strike.
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Jinxed it....back to needing 3.....

Can this game count???
  • Empire_TW
    6435 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Yeah these are on strike.

At least with strike once you get past the issue you can play strike for hours without population issues but hero showdown is so small that youd have to keep leaving.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • awakespace
    1067 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It's actually a programming issue. If I go to the main menu and load up HS I always get into a game immediately (5 seconds max), but if you wait in game it can take quite a while (I've waited put to 10 minutes) for anyone to show up. There are thus obviously players available, they just aren't channeled to ongoing games.

So right now the safe bet is to quit out after about 30 seconds if no one shows up, and you will be able to get back in game right away... But this is annoying and not how it should be...
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    This is Slowdown HvV mode :smile:

Hero Slowdown?
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Just leave and join a new match. There's an issue with pulling in new players when one quits.

The mode is awesome, in my opinion.
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    Yup had enough...1 hr and no game.
  • grimmace2
    1159 posts Member
    Jumped in to play 2v2 for the first time yesterday, this was my experience as well. I have limited time to play so after the fourth minute of waiting for the other team to join, I dueced on out of there. Played some regular HvV, I was in a game within a minute.
  • Why your playing it with absurd load times and only about 100 credits at best reward is beyond me