criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Emotes are almost worthless.

kez432
149 posts Member
Make emotes quicker to activate on the battle feild for hero's. Also when the match is over we should be able to taunt opponents with our emotes if just briefly. They are rather useless in game however, could be a source of revenue if they were more fun to use. More types of emotes would also be nice.

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Agreed, +1
    Psn: Jello770
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Agreed, +1

In Bf 2015. I loved activating a shield and then at the highest point on the map in full view of all activating the saber swing or some other emote for fun. :)
  • FriedPizza773
    1142 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I find the emotes at most useful in some gamemodes like HvV and EH where the opponents defeated by you can see you taunting just before they autospawn.

That being said, I do agree with OP. The emotes should definitely be quicker to activate like how it was in SWBF 2015 (don't forget for the troopers too, not just Heroes). I also like the idea to use the emotes for top players during the match's outcome, as it could make things a bit more funnier and dramatic.

By the way, I don't know if this is actually possible, but in addition to this topic I would also like to suggest to be able to hear the emotes louder and clearer only from my opponent who's the one responsible in defeating me (while every other sounds [blasters, explosion, yelling, etc.] can stay very low as it is currently). The same opponent does not need to emit any other sounds to be heard loud and clear except when only using emotes. It should also only happens if the opponent is naturally close enough to hear, or, if not possible, then to be able to hear it on-screen no matter where the opponent was positioned.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    I find the emotes at most useful in some gamemodes like HvV and EH where the opponents defeated by you can see you taunting just before they autospawn.

That being said, I do agree with OP. The emotes should definitely quicker to activate like how it was in SWBF 2015 (don't forget for the troopers too, not just Heroes). I also like the idea to use the emotes for top players during the match's outcome, as it could make things a bit more funnier and dramatic.

By the way, I don't know if this is actually possible, but in addition to this topic I would also like to suggest to be able to hear the emotes louder and clearer only from my opponent who's the one responsible in defeating me (while every other sounds [blasters, explosion, yelling, etc.] can stay very low as it is currently). The same opponent does not need to emit any other sounds to be heard loud and clear except when only using emotes. It should also only happens if the opponent is naturally close enough to hear, or, if not possible, then to be able to hear it on-screen no matter where the opponent was positioned.

Agreed +1
  • They've always felt pretty poorly implemented to me. They aren't loud enough for anyone to hear, the animations themselves don't really stand out much so nobody sees it anyway and there isn't really time to ever use them. You kill someone and they're immediately back in the respawn screen and we lose control immediately after a game ends so you can't celebrate, unless you time it right, and then it's just for your own amusement.

They need a complete overhaul or removal.
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    In the first game were ok, but not in this new one.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I like how it is. You can still troll people but it’s not as annoying.

I don’t know what you mean by quicker to activate. Last game they were very slow as well.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Play on Death Star and use emotes behind the glass - people always shoot
  • I would like Leia's "From now on, you do what I tell you" emote to be what she says when in first place.

Luke's "Greeting Exhalted Ones" is the perfect smug thing to say when he has first place.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    I would like Leia's "From now on, you do what I tell you" emote to be what she says when in first place.

Luke's "Greeting Exhalted Ones" is the perfect smug thing to say when he has first place.

We need more of this too. Han and Leia have some good ones not used.
  • Sniffy44
    327 posts Member
    I would like them to fix all the broken hero emotes as well as make button combos that let you trigger more than just 2 of them. generally they add to the social aspect of the game. ewok hunt in particular has a lot of dead time that might be more fun with a full set of emotes.