criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Arcade now becoming tedious.

SAM4XE
313 posts Member
When SA was released last week I was surprised what they delivered but within a short period of time some of the modes flaws quickly spoiled the fun for me. Here are a few examples

The Ai even on Expert difficulty is way too easy and simply not aggressive enough.

Opponent Ai use torpedoes on other Ai but not against human players.

On some maps, gun turrets one some large cap ships are disabled.

The point I'm trying to make is that Starfighter Arcade should at least pose some kind of challenge to keep it fun but it almost feels like the Ai practically ignores human controlled fighters in 10 v 10 team battle.

Replies

• it looked so cool at first but get stale quickly cus it dont have objectives or ai hero ship.and normal ai ship wouldnt fire a missle toward player.
    arcade need objective-based starfigher and large ground mode urgently.
  • SAM4XE
    313 posts Member
    beamcannon wrote: »
    it looked so cool at first but get stale quickly cus it dont have objectives or ai hero ship.and normal ai ship wouldnt fire a missle toward player.

Exactly! Starfighter Arcade has become dull so quickly because a human player can literally fly in a straight line without feeling vulnerable against the Ai. Opponent Ai have really poor aim on expert difficulty which almost feels intentional.
  • Sniffy44
    378 posts Member
    The multiplayer AI is rather unaggressive too, I've never felt the slightest bit challenged by it. Seems like they just ported it to this.
  • I often try to avoid arcade (unless testing something), because I worry playing it legitimately does more harm than good when it comes to skills, reactions and tactics. Things in real games aren't so straightforward, and I dislike playing the game as if it were.
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • I just wish there was more to arcade then TEAM DEATHMATCH.
    -A convoluted signature

• SAM4XE wrote: »
    When SA was released last week I was surprised what they delivered but within a short period of time some of the modes flaws quickly spoiled the fun for me. Here are a few examples

The Ai even on Expert difficulty is way too easy and simply not aggressive enough.

Opponent Ai use torpedoes on other Ai but not against human players.

On some maps, gun turrets one some large cap ships are disabled.

The point I'm trying to make is that Starfighter Arcade should at least pose some kind of challenge to keep it fun but it almost feels like the Ai practically ignores human controlled fighters in 10 v 10 team battle.

Agreed .
    “There is always hope.”
  • Lonnisity
    1943 posts Member
    Not being able to practice dodging torpedos is a HUGE disservice.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • SAM4XE
    313 posts Member
    And now that a bug has been introduced that stops Ai spawning during Arcade Starfighter battles, the game is even less appealing to play.
  • Yes yes Arcade Starfighter Team Battle needs some love.
    “There is always hope.”
  • RC2074
    131 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    beamcannon wrote: »
    it looked so cool at first but get stale quickly cus it dont have objectives or ai hero ship.and normal ai ship wouldnt fire a missle toward player.

One thing I miss from the old days X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter is the way one can focus wing mens on an opponent. Could be cool if one could give orders to other pilots in single player arcade starship combat Battlefront 2