criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Welcome to the Solo Hype Thread!

Hello, everybody. FreakyCrawdad here. I am creating this thread for those of us who are really excited about the movie, and want to talk about it with people that are equally excited. If you have a negative opinion about the movie, try to keep it civil and clean. I don't want anyone starting fights over the movie. I will start by saying that I am really excited to see Chewie and Han in an origin story. I have been waiting for one, for a long time.
"It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
okjzkqv763wu.png
On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.

Replies

• rollind24
    4890 posts Member
    It’s looking pretty good to me. I saw that this movie was actually started under Lucas, any truth to that?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    It’s looking pretty good to me. I saw that this movie was actually started under Lucas, any truth to that?

https://www.slashfilm.com/george-lucas-solo-advice/
    He helped Howard with a bit of it and even contributed to a scene.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • JAREDUP
    1388 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well I can't judge yet but if Disney does a another movie with an agenda for SJWs then I'm not gonna like it
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Looks great so excited

• Empire_TW
    4440 posts Member
    Gonna be seeing it tomorrow, from what I've heard from some people who saw it early it should be good.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Gonna be seeing it tomorrow, from what I've heard from some people who saw it early it should be good.

That is what I have heard from everybody that has seen it.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Can’t wait to see it
    Psn: Jello770
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1356 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm excited for sure, going to IMAX on Friday night. Mostly excited for the Falcon's origin story as well as Chewbacca's. A bounty hunter or Jabba reference would also be most welcome.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I'm excited for sure, going to IMAX on Friday night. Mostly excited for the Falcon's origin story as well as Chewbacca's. A bounty hunter or Jabba reference would also be most welcome.

Lucky. My friends are making me go see it in standard, and yes, I Jabba or bounty hunter reference would be really cool.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Well I can't judge yet but if Disney does a another movie with an agenda for SJWs then I'm not gonna like it

I heard that George himself helped Ron Howard with a lot of it when he took over production, and Ron wanted to be true to the characters Lucas created; because he was able to see how much George loved them. It is slightly sad to know that he is not in control of how they, the people he created, turn out.
    I am a writer of science fiction/fantasy, and I love the characters I create. They feel like extensions of my family. Like people I can truly understand and genuinely love. I cannot imagine what George goes through when he sees them in the movies he did not create. It must make him really sad, and happy at the same time. That is the best way I can explain it.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • I'm excited for sure, going to IMAX on Friday night. Mostly excited for the Falcon's origin story as well as Chewbacca's. A bounty hunter or Jabba reference would also be most welcome.

Lucky. My friends are making me go see it in standard, and yes, I Jabba or bounty hunter reference would be really cool.

I'm in Colorado which is a pretty sweet place to live for going to the movies. We have like 3 or 4 IMAX's here. I realize I didn't say I was excited for Han, which of course I am. But after it's over I want there to still remain some air of mystery about him. I wonder how much of Corellia we will see. Up to this point, I have enjoyed the fact that we've not seen where he's from or how he met Chewie. (I want them to ADD to canon, not alter it, if that makes sense) B)
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    Just booked my seats in an almost empty IMAX theatre for Friday night.......maybe TLJ has damaged uptake on SW movies.(I liked it myself)

I'm in Colorado which is a pretty sweet place to live for going to the movies. We have like 3 or 4 IMAX's here. I realize I didn't say I was excited for Han, which of course I am. But after it's over I want there to still remain some air of mystery about him. I wonder how much of Corellia we will see. Up to this point, I have enjoyed the fact that we've not seen where he's from or how he met Chewie. (I want them to ADD to canon, not alter it, if that makes sense) B)

It does. I hope that they are able to give us the Han and Chewie relationship that I want to see.
    okjzkqv763wu.png

It does. I hope that they are able to give us the Han and Chewie relationship that I want to see.

Hope?
    tumblr_on0jm6oBJa1qal0zgo1_500.gif
  • Jug
    184 posts Member
    Anyone think Jabba is the "big shot gangster putting together a crew"? That if they sign up for this they are "in this life for good"? Hoping to see Jabba and Boba in it!
  • Jug
    184 posts Member
    I'm excited for sure, going to IMAX on Friday night. Mostly excited for the Falcon's origin story as well as Chewbacca's. A bounty hunter or Jabba reference would also be most welcome.

In the trailer it looks like Han saves Chewie's life. That's probably why they are joined at the hip through thick and thin

Hope?

Saving that one. Really need it on this forum.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • FreakyCrawdad
    1787 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    RIFRIG wrote: »
    Just booked my seats in an almost empty IMAX theatre for Friday night.......maybe TLJ has damaged uptake on SW movies.(I liked it myself)

Actually TLJ has not affected their sales whatsoever. It outsold any other movie this year for dvd's. But Infinity War will beat that as well.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • I really love Chewie's introduction in A New Hope. I think it's the only mention of a "First Mate" (as opposed to co-pilot) in all the star wars films.
    Also I ponder the question, could Obi-Wan understand Chewbacca's language? It seems he can. Obi-Wan also has good relations with the Wookies I suppose. :)
  • @Carbonic, do you have tickets to the movie? I am so looking forward to it, and I know that you love giving a great opinion on things.
    okjzkqv763wu.png

Hope?

Saving that one. Really need it on this forum.

Cassian would be really warm in that coat. It's hot and sunny, and he's dressed for Hoth conditions. lol But then again, a star wars movie with people walking around in shorts and tanktops would look weird.
  • rollind24
    4890 posts Member

Always possible. I know there will be some SWs meisers that will avoid this movie but it already beat Black Panther presales. Some theaters after filling up from presales expand the screens it shows on so you might have got lucky.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Always possible. I know there will be some SWs meisers that will avoid this movie but it already beat Black Panther presales. Some theaters after filling up from presales expand the screens it shows on so you might have got lucky.

It also depends on how late at night that you see it. My siblings and I once saw ghostbusters at 11:00pm opening day and there was no one in the theatre.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Just got back from screening I throughly enjoyed it will probably go and pay to see it again.
  • Empire_TW
    4440 posts Member
    I have just returned from seeing it and need to let it sink in more but I liked it.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1734 posts Member
    Great movie guys, and not because of nostalgia, it’s just a good movie that didn’t feel forced.
  • Great movie guys, and not because of nostalgia, it’s just a good movie that didn’t feel forced.

Is there a pun in the last part of your sentence?
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Wow! I really enjoyed it! Obviously have minor issues with it that I would change, but entertaining movie for sure.
  • Zach
    539 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Enjoyed it. Was certainly different and it left me wanting more. Warning: major spoiler, do not open if you haven’t seen the movie yet.
    I want to see more Maul. I feel like the opportunity is finally there to make him the major player in the galaxy that he should’ve been from the beginning, but I’m curious if we’ll see him in future films or if his cameo was just to draw attention to the TV shows. I hear a Boba Fett movie is up next so no live action Obi-Wan/Maul duels in the near future, but could we get Boba Fett working a job for Maul and the Crimson Dawn instead?
  • Batman20
    1330 posts Member
    I would give it a solid 7 out of 10. It was good I enjoyed it but i didn't think it was anything special or anywhere near being one of the best Star Wars films. But for the most part it was enjoyable and the cast overall all did a good job
  • That L3 Droid was totally like Kathleen Kennedy :wink:
  • That L3 Droid was totally like Kathleen Kennedy :wink:

YES. This.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Just saw it and it was freaking awesome.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • Saw it Friday night and loved it. The humor was good and not cheesy imo.
  • Saw it Friday night and loved it. The humor was good and not cheesy imo.

Same. I loved it to. The humor did feel fitting in a way, and I enjoyed it.
    okjzkqv763wu.png