criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Rumors of Battlefront 2's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

13Next

Replies

• rollind24
    5830 posts Member
    Mako wrote: »
    OP have you recently played the game? It has hit rock bottom.

To quote Brendan Fraser in The Mummy, "Every [email protected] day."

I'll grant you the game is feeling stale in a lot of ways. The only thing keeping me going right now is trying to rank up my heroes. It's on them to figure out how to keep us playing. Challenges only go so far. If we had some actual content to play for that would make it better. One of those leakers said Hutt Contracts will be returning this season. We'll see.

I’m still trying to figure out how Hutt Contracts would keep people playing, challenges that are already in the game except you have to pay credits to start them?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

I'll grant you the game is feeling stale in a lot of ways. The only thing keeping me going right now is trying to rank up my heroes. It's on them to figure out how to keep us playing. Challenges only go so far. If we had some actual content to play for that would make it better. One of those leakers said Hutt Contracts will be returning this season. We'll see.

I’m still trying to figure out how Hutt Contracts would keep people playing, challenges that are already in the game except you have to pay credits to start them?

I see the challenges more as Dailys for some Bonus credits and quick events to make the people at least play two - three rounds a day. Hutt Contracts on the other hand, well.

First I'd love to see some animated Jabbas Palace menu, then you could accept those contracts there. Paying credits upfront? Why not. But I think you could do some more immersive thinks with contracts, like special weapon unlocks which would fit a scoundrel / bounty hunter theme, like:

Relby V-10
    EE - 3
    DL - 44

and also new starcards, maybe carbonite grenades to freeze enemies? That kind of stuff.

Ofc it would just be another kind of achievement, but it has to offer more than credits to work out.
    I can imagine all sorts of stuff you could do with this. Maybe unlocking bounty hunter reinforcements for other game modes? Oh, so many ideas...
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • rollind24
    5830 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Kerle wrote: »

I see the challenges more as Dailys for some Bonus credits and quick events to make the people at least play two - three rounds a day. Hutt Contracts on the other hand, well.

First I'd love to see some animated Jabbas Palace menu, then you could accept those contracts there. Paying credits upfront? Why not. But I think you could do some more immersive thinks with contracts, like special weapon unlocks which would fit a scoundrel / bounty hunter theme, like:

Relby V-10
    EE - 3
    DL - 44

and also new starcards, maybe carbonite grenades to freeze enemies? That kind of stuff.

Ofc it would just be another kind of achievement, but it has to offer more than credits to work out.
    I can imagine all sorts of stuff you could do with this. Maybe unlocking bounty hunter reinforcements for other game modes? Oh, so many ideas...

Aren’t we already able to unlock weapons and attachments by completing challenges /achievements though? Sure I’d love more challenges/Hutt Contracts but how would putting them behind a credit wall be something I would be excited for?

Call it whatever you want but all Hutt Contracts were was completing challenges you had to pay to complete
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member

Relby V-10
    EE - 3
    DL - 44

Aren’t we already able to unlock weapons and attachments by completing challenges /achievements though? Sure I’d love more challenges/Hutt Contracts but how would putting them behind a credit wall be something I would be excited for?

Call it whatever you want but all Hutt Contracts were was completing challenges you had to pay to complete

As I've said, it depends on whats behind the paywall for contracts. Or however they do it.
    I would imagine an adjusted hutt contract like the 48 hour contracts on For Honor.

You got X amount of avaible achievements, and you got a certain amount of "slots" to choose the achievements.
    And if you complete all contracts, maybe you get a special skin, only avaiable from time to time by those contracts?
    Or new weapons? weapon skins? Just little gimmicks.

Ofc, all of this could be done by the already established "Career" dailys, but I wouldnt mind to completely swap it against a new, revamped system they could just introduce as the Hutt contracts. Nobody says it has to be exactly like in the first game.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • rollind24 wrote: »

Just thinking of challenges that actually earn you something to use instead of just a bunch of credits. Whatever gives people incentive to play.
  • rollind24
    5830 posts Member

Just thinking of challenges that actually earn you something to use instead of just a bunch of credits. Whatever gives people incentive to play.

Ok so just renaming milestone challenges to Hutt Contracts and adding new prizes? I don’t care if we rename challenges/milestones.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Indiana_Jim
    2071 posts Member
    Ok so just renaming milestone challenges to Hutt Contracts and adding new prizes? I don’t care if we rename challenges/milestones.

Essentially, yes. Hutt Contracts in the first game were how you got new weapons and Star Cards, so I imagine that would be the same.
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Sorry, someone on youtube said this game was ded so it is ded... sorry you typed all that out just to be rong!

We're living in a strange era where people prioritize their influencers and sources opposite of how they should.

Ok so what do you suggest? Should i keep listening to the people who lied to me over and over again and ripped me off?

Empty lobbies is more than enough proof for me..
  • Devlin21
    8328 posts Member
    Bf2 at ea play!
    fdfdznuvak63.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Kerle
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Bf2 at ea play!
    fdfdznuvak63.png

Regarding all the people saying "Battlefront II is too old and not important enough for EA to care, it'll die", this goes out to you:

hqdefault.jpg

• Yeldarb
    231 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ea play will show off the second part of solo season. I've lost hope for any good content drops just going off what we've got so far. We will be lucky if we get anything after clone wars if that even comes out at all maybe some ported maps from the last game.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeldarb wrote: »
    Ea play will show off the second part of solo season. I've lost hope for any good content drops just going off what we've got so far. We will be lucky if we get anything after clone wars if that even comes out at all maybe some ported maps from the last game.

lol. Why so negative. "if tha even comes out"?

Yes, they are working on a Geonosis Ground and Space Battle, at least two new heroes and probably lots of other stuff, inluding new skins to sell, just to go with in the last second.

[Mod edit: profanity removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

• Yeldarb
    231 posts Member
    Yeldarb wrote: »

lol. Why so negative. "if tha even comes out"?

Yes, they are working on a Geonosis Ground and Space Battle, at least two new heroes and probably lots of other stuff, inluding new skins to sell, just to go with "argh, **** it, lets go home early today" in the last second.

Like I said I've lost hope just going off what we've got thus far for content I'm not hyped at all.
  • Basically a video version of the original post. If you liked the post, I'd appreciate it if you could give the video a like. Maybe subscribe? You know. No pressure.