criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Changing Skins Between Matches. It Just Has to Happen.

Prev134
BucksawBoushh
4705 posts Member
edited May 2018
As the title suggests, in my opinion, being able to change your skin in between matches is a feature that must be implemented. It may seem trivial to some, but why shell out these credits and/or cash for skins that you can’t even use on their appropriate maps?

If I purchase a Hoth Han, I would like to be able to use him on, you know, Hoth? I’m a skin fanatic. I was in Battlefront 2015 and I most definitely am in this game, but not being able to change your skin pre-match is pretty absurd. Nobody should have to leave their lobby to equip a skin. I get all excited when Endor comes up in the rotation so I can finally use my 40K Endor Leia skin, only to spawn in as HOTH Leia. Do you know how humid it is on Endor in May?

I’m loving this communication from F8RGE, I’m looking forward to hearing about the remainder of the Season 2 content, but I feel strongly that this is a detail that should not be overlooked. In my opinion, it should have been worked on and added before being able to use skill points in between matches.

With skins now being the main source of income for Battlefront 2, I think it’s important that this feature be added as soon as possible. It’ll be a lot easier to justify skin purchases knowing we’ll be able to use them as they were intended.

Also, how hawt is that Boushh skin? Just phenomenal.

PSN: BucksawBoushh
Post edited by BucksawBoushh on

Replies

• Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    Never want to change boussh skin, but yes would be a grest option.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Never want to change boussh skin, but yes would be a grest option.

So I guess suffering through the jetpack cargo part of the Hoth Leia skin challenge was for nothing then.

cjfecib57ynm.jpeg

• Jello770 wrote: »
    Can’t like this post enough. It’s such a small thing too, but would make so many people happy, including myself.

What are you in jail again!?

#freejello770
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Can’t like this post enough. It’s such a small thing too, but would make so many people happy, including myself.

#freejello770

I fought the law and the law won...

Today’s my last day though! Almost going to miss my cell :D
    Psn: Jello770

#freejello770

Adjusting to the outside world after a long stint can be tough. I’ll pray for you.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member

#freejello770

Adjusting to the outside world after a long stint can be tough. I’ll pray for you.

I appreciate it, best part about it is I won’t have to eat that garbage prison food anymore.
  • Hey, my game changes my skin even during a match.
    First spawn I'm a Rebel Human, second and third spawn for reasons unknown I'm a Nikto Rebel.
    Fourth spawn I'm human again and in the post-match leader screen I'm a Sullustan.
    First spawn I'm a Rebel Human, second and third spawn for reasons unknown I'm a Nikto Rebel.
    Fourth spawn I'm human again and in the post-match leader screen I'm a Sullustan.
    How do you obtain this glitch?
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Yes, this needs to happen. If I play a session of HvV, I want to use certain skins for certain maps, both for continuity or to blend in with the map. I don't want to use Leia's Hoth skin on Endor.

Huge quality of life improvement! With the promotion of skins this is a must. Also we simply need more skins.
    Hey, my game changes my skin even during a match.

I experienced this too.
  • Piscettios
    5799 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    A most needed feature. I don’t know how they can NOT have it if they expect people to grind and pay for skins. Some just look ridiculously out of place on certain maps.

Improve immersion, this game needs as much of it as it can get.
    Post edited by Piscettios on
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I hope this also allows player 2 in split screen Arcade to choose their own skin.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Spiito
    1810 posts Member
    Yeah, I still support a skin selector.

tumblr_poqsxs8dIq1qzc7jao2_540.gif
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    It would be great because you could select costumes that blend in better on certain maps!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Actually May in Endor would be quite nice and not so humid. Lol.

I do agree though, I don’t like not being able to use skins in their appropriate climate/setting. That’s why even though I have the skins I stick to the default mostly.

Too hot for Hoth attire!

Same deal over here. I’ve got all my hero skins set to something neutral. Somebody over on Reddit proposed having a menu that you can pre-select which hero skins you’d like to use on each map. So you’d automatically spawn in as these when that map pops up in the rotation. I think this is a near perfect solution.

This is the answer
  • @F8RGE

Hate tagging Devs, but everybody else seems to. Thoughts on a pre-selection screen for hero skins? Spawn into Endor as Han. BOOM! Automatic Endor Han skin. Or whichever skin they’ve selected for that map. If could be Hoth Han, if that’s what they’ve got pre-selected.

Maybe worth passing along to some of the Devs. This could be the answer :#
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    This doesn’t belong on the second page! @XXXO77O4906 @T0TALfps @IIPrest0nII

I agree with the convict. Great thread OP.
    #StarWars-y
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member

:D

:D

Did a long stretch myself. >:)

Yes to skin changes between matches.
    #StarWars-y
  • Bumping my own thread because no shame is good game >:)
  • Seastorm
    271 posts Member
    529550576e155900442c1cfb5c1c6289.gif

• ross42899
    1460 posts Member
    Yes, This needs to be added soon. I don't want to run around Hoth in Endor gear and vice versa. I want to choose my skin within in the spawn screen.
    Seastorm wrote: »

I don't know.

I unlocked all three Rebel Assault appearances.
    I used Rebel Human 2 for a few matches and switched back to Rebel Human 1.
    Assault class.
    I've never actually equipped the Nikto skin as far as I remember.

I'm on PS4 and I only play Strike if that's relevant.
    Don't know the number of my Victory pose but it sometimes shows me as a Sullustan Assault trooper.

I don't think that there is an actual pattern behind it.
    It seems quite arbitrarily happening.

The Sullustan wants so badly to take part in Battlefront 2. Set him free. Let him fight.

knemnjnlw9o7.png

Sad Sullustan :(

Aw, those creepy, soulless, black eyes are so cute.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • Empire_TW
    5933 posts Member

I don't know.

Assault class.

Don't know the number of my Victory pose but it sometimes shows me as a Sullustan Assault trooper.

The Sullustan wants so badly to take part in Battlefront 2. Set him free. Let him fight.

knemnjnlw9o7.png

Sullustans would be great but they would be missing their leader.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

I don't know.

Assault class.

knemnjnlw9o7.png

Hope him and greedo are heroes in part 2, both have a connection to solo.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Empire_TW wrote: »

I don't know.

Assault class.

knemnjnlw9o7.png

Hope him and greedo are heroes in part 2, both have a connection to solo.

Good point! Never even thought of that :p
  • You should just have all unlocked options available to you right in the respawn screen, perhaps as an extra option in the star card edit screen?
  • You should just have all unlocked options available to you right in the respawn screen, perhaps as an extra option in the star card edit screen?

Correct.
  • Because I can.

4ic6ddr2dxlr.gif
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    Best suggestion I have seen on here in ages
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I agree I would love to have this option in every match.
  • Everybody gets a like on this thread. Come on DICE, make it happen.
    #StarWars-y
  • Now I see the big picture I support it too...because I might need to swap a shadow trooper ( only skin I will be interested in ) before a snow map
  • Now I see the big picture I support it too...because I might need to swap a shadow trooper ( only skin I will be interested in ) before a snow map

Good.
    I need to get into my bright orange X-wing pilot skin from SWBF I as I also like to blend in.

I hope we can get this skin for those matches on SKB.
    bvlp2ywpgo8j.jpeg

Yes to changing skins between matches.

#StarWars-y
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Where are the Devs!
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    As the title suggests, in my opinion, being able to change your skin in between matches is a feature that must be implemented. It may seem trivial to some, but why shell out these credits and/or cash for skins that you can’t even use on their appropriate maps?

If I purchase a Hoth Han, I would like to be able to use him on, you know, Hoth? I’m a skin fanatic. I was in Battlefront 2015 and I most definitely am in this game, but not being able to change your skin pre-match is pretty absurd. Nobody should have to leave their lobby to equip a skin. I get all excited when Endor comes up in the rotation so I can finally use my 40K Endor Leia skin, only to spawn in as HOTH Leia. Do you know how humid it is on Endor in May?

I’m loving this communication from F8RGE, I’m looking forward to hearing about the remainder of the Season 2 content, but I feel strongly that this is a detail that should not be overlooked. In my opinion, it should have been worked on and added before being able to use skill points in between matches.

With skins now being the main source of income for Battlefront 2, I think it’s important that this feature be added as soon as possible. It’ll be a lot easier to justify skin purchases knowing we’ll be able to use them as they were intended.

Also, how hawt is that Boushh skin? Just phenomenal.

Agreed
    Where are the Devs!

I want to buy skins and support the game, but I can’t justify it until I can use them immersively. Not so keen to have to leave the lobby to change skins.
  • Bumped.
    #StarWars-y
  • Bumped.

Ouch!