criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Implication of Solo for the future trilogies

Zach
549 posts Member
edited May 2018
We know that there are two future trilogies coming, one by Rian Johnson and another by the Game of Thrones creators. After seeing Solo, I think one of the trilogies could be about the criminal underworld of the galaxy. Kind of like a Star Wars version of The Godfather. It would be much more likely to come from the Game of Thrones guys than Johnson for sure, but I like the idea of it and it’s something I’ve always wanted to see more of in the films. As shown in Solo, criminal organizations are major players in the galaxy and the black market makes up a majority of the galactic economy, so I think more films focusing on those things would be appropriate and could go in a whole lot of directions. What do you guys think?

Replies

• I think that Ron Howard should direct a Solo trilogy, because he wants to hold true to the characters Lucas created. He wants them to be the way that Lucas envisioned.
    "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi. They're real". -Han Solo
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • I think that Ron Howard should direct a Solo trilogy, because he wants to hold true to the characters Lucas created. He wants them to be the way that Lucas envisioned.

Ron Howard and Dave filoni should just run everything
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Ron Howard and Dave filoni should just run everything

Under the direction and tutelage of George Lucas of course.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
    On Yoda's Flying Chair: The floating chair has a little area in between the hovering part and his cushion that allows him to go whenever he wants. That is why Mace always looks like he just smelled something bad.
  • rollind24
    5676 posts Member
    I agree. The movie definitely left me wanting to see more of this criminal underground. Whether it’s those trilogies, spinoffs, sequels or tv shows I don’t care.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Empire_TW
    6436 posts Member
    Given that Darth Maul made an appearance and all of the easter eggs is a sign alot of stuff from other media, animated series, comics, novels, etc will start appearing in the films more, hopefully Iden makes an appearance in one, Miss Gavankar is more then deserving.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Given that Darth Maul made an appearance and all of the easter eggs is a sign alot of stuff from other media, animated series, comics, novels, etc will start appearing in the films more, hopefully Iden makes an appearance in one, Miss Gavankar is more then deserving.

That’d be good. Maybe a film showing the empires perspective could have Vardos in it? Where was she before ANH?
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    I'm excited about the future of the movies... criminal underworld SW would be great with Maul and other bounty hunters/smugglers. Mostly excited for Kenobi to get a movie because he's such an honorable character, so I hope that happens.
  • Empire_TW
    6436 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

That’d be good. Maybe a film showing the empires perspective could have Vardos in it? Where was she before ANH?

Prior to being in Inferno squad she was part of Black Squadron as a senior lieutenant stationed on the Death Star

It is 100% confirmed that one of these are her
    vgmv3r57upam.jpg

And it is actually heavily implied but not confirmed that this is her
    sb7rv9kzdg3v.png

Before that Idk, she graduated from the Imperial Academy on Coruscant but odds are there is more inbetween that and the battle of Yavin.

I'm excited about the future of the movies... criminal underworld SW would be great with Maul and other bounty hunters/smugglers. Mostly excited for Kenobi to get a movie because he's such an honorable character, so I hope that happens.

Ready to deploy the Ewan McGregor.
    hojevrxvarht.png

Yes! It wouldn't be Obi Wan without him. Good sign to see that he was at the Solo opening night event. He's the perfect age as an older Kenobi and a great actor obviously.

Yes! It wouldn't be Obi Wan without him. Good sign to see that he was at the Solo opening night event. He's the perfect age as an older Kenobi and a great actor obviously.

And as they have proved, they can literally make him look 20 or so years older than he already is.
    okjzkqv763wu.png

And as they have proved, they can literally make him look 20 or so years older than he already is.

So, 20 years of TCW arcs in movie form until he’s just too old, then 3+ movies on Tatooine!
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member

Prior to being in Inferno squad she was part of Black Squadron as a senior lieutenant stationed on the Death Star

vgmv3r57upam.jpg

sb7rv9kzdg3v.png

Before that Idk, she graduated from the Imperial Academy on Coruscant but odds are there is more inbetween that and the battle of Yavin.

That can't be right. If I remember rightly the TIEs who fought the Rebels at the battle of Yavin were all destroyed in scenes. Unless I am looking at wrong or the picture isnt the scene I am thinking of
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Empire_TW
    6436 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

vgmv3r57upam.jpg

sb7rv9kzdg3v.png

That can't be right. If I remember rightly the TIEs who fought the Rebels at the battle of Yavin were all destroyed in scenes. Unless I am looking at wrong or the picture isnt the scene I am thinking of

I'll rewatch the scene when I have time but if I remember there were a total of 9 fighters deployed by the Empire (6 black squadron, victors 2 and 3 and Vader) I don't remember if we see all 6 tie fighters from the first picture get destroyed I only remember 1 for sure when Luke came in to save Biggs. I'll watch it later to confirm. Also I think the inferno squad novel said that Iden stayed continued to fight the main group where Vader went out to go after the "several fighters that broke off from it" The heavy implication for the 2nd picture was that the Inferno Squad novel implied that she shot down the first x-wing in the battle and that close up of a TIE pilot comes after Red 3 (I think that was his callsign) gets shot down.

You could be right but I still wouldn't count it as that bad of a retcon
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6436 posts Member
    Just watched the scene, 2 of those first 6 were seen getting shot down, after that the only TIEs we see is Vader and victors 2 and 3. That first picture may be wrong.

4:26, the novel seems to imply that this is her.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    Just watched the scene, 2 of those first 6 were seen getting shot down, after that the only TIEs we see is Vader and victors 2 and 3. That first picture may be wrong.

Ah nice one, thanks for clarifying. That is a really good tie in. Liking the new EU tie ins
  • Empire_TW
    6436 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Ah nice one, thanks for clarifying. That is a really good tie in. Liking the new EU tie ins

Yeah, but I really hope Janina gets to be in more stuff as I said I think she is very deserving of it, same goes for the Rogue 1 cast, can't help but think they are definatley done.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Rian Johnson trilogy is the worst idea ever. This guy doesn't understand Star Wars!
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    Rian Johnson trilogy is the worst idea ever. This guy doesn't understand Star Wars!

Because you say so? He’s probably read more stuff about SW than you in preparation for TLJ alone. I’d give him another shot. 3 might be the maximum number so at least one more

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Could be a tv series too.

@FreakyCrawdad
    Highly doubt we will be getting more Han Solo movies.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

@FreakyCrawdad

Jon Favreau is making a real life Star Wars tv show. (slapping my face)
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

@FreakyCrawdad
    He is registered for 2 more movies. Who knows. I would not mind.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I dont see Solo being in a trilogy. It felt like the new Solo just tagged along and wasn't the leader of the film. Soft and quiet, still too young. To be a leader you need to be an obnoxious captain like Ford. Alden needs to be more agressive which could still happen tho not something he be able to pull off convincingly imo
  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

@FreakyCrawdad
    He is registered for 2 more movies. Who knows. I would not mind.

Seeing Solo tomorrow but I would imagine that the 3 film contract thing is to appear in other films, not necessarily Solo films. Similar to what Marvel do essentially (an example being Sebastian Stan AKA Bucky having a 10 picture deal, with cameos etc counting in that total). So I'd imagine with the news of a Boba Fett film on the way that he may make an appearance in some form there.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Boba should get a trilogy for sure along with the game 1313. Disney should appeal to all audiences and not always to pg only. 1313 would be a gta type M rated game. Rockstar devs should finish 1313.
  • Boba should get a trilogy for sure along with the game 1313. Disney should appeal to all audiences and not always to pg only. 1313 would be a gta type M rated game. Rockstar devs should finish 1313.

Have fun, because I am not playing that.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • So you wouldn't play a deeply layered multi progression sp game like Kotor?

Nope.
    okjzkqv763wu.png

Actually, which one? I thought one of them was T.
    okjzkqv763wu.png
  • The first one, also considered one of the best SW games of all time.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    So you wouldn't play a deeply layered multi progression sp game like Kotor?

No.

I couldn't get into kotor, rpg's aren't my thing.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The first one, also considered one of the best SW games of all time.

Both of them are Rated T, so yah, I might play.
    https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Star+Wars+Knights+of+the+Old+Republic/
    okjzkqv763wu.png