criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Kylo Ren Gamebreaking [s]Glitch[s/] Issue

UnknownGamer
1928 posts Member
edited May 2018
So, whenever Kylo freezes an enemy, the freeze is on a timer. However, it will outomatically release once the frozen player is dealt damge by Kylo. But, if someone else deals it, they remain unfrozen. Either this is a glitch or is in need of a nerf, because a 2 player team can take down any hero with this, regardless of skill.
34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
Threads Want
I want...
El-16HFE rof buff
Engineer class
OOM-9
Dual pistols
Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
Umbara
Utapau
Heavy/Light vehicle classes
Dwarf spider droid
Homing Spider Droid
Snail Tank
Saber tank
RO Jedha tank
Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
RO season
Post edited by UnknownGamer on

Replies

• Keep it as it is, the fact that kylo relies on team mates for this ability to be effective is laughable.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Keep it as it is, the fact that kylo relies on team mates for this ability to be effective is laughable.

No, because the frozen player stands no chance and can do nothing.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Devlin21
    8318 posts Member
    Keep it as it is, the fact that kylo relies on team mates for this ability to be effective is laughable.

No, because the frozen player stands no chance and can do nothing.

Id be fine if there was a minigame so that you could repeatedly press a to break out and he had cards to make it harder to get out. Like how vaders choke used to be.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Just popping in - if you feel this might be a bug and not a balancing issue, it may help to check and see if there's any discussion happening and, if not, post a bug report over here.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Just popping in - if you feel this might be a bug and not a balancing issue, it may help to check and see if there's any discussion happening and, if not, post a bug report over here.

Haven't seen you on the forums before... Are you one of @F8RGE 's 2 new helpers? Also, thanks for the reply.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Devlin21
    8318 posts Member
    Heres a freeze glitch against the overpowered rey in this video. I was still able to block.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Its not a bug
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Its not a bug

So like Leia's previous version of secondary fire?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • willywonka7
    1428 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Its not a bug

Yeah it is a bug actually! You weren't able to do that before most of these patches and none of the patches reference allowing people to block after being hit with the immobilizing ability. It is actually breaking the game along with some many other bugs in the game. So many other abilities are being completely blocked and canceled even though the person was not blocking before or during when the ability hit them.

I have had the same bug issue and people have used immobilizing abilities against me when my block was down. I was hit with the special ability and my system makes the sound that i was hit, which causes me to instantly block and I can cancel the immobilizing ability sometimes. I have like a second or two to apply block and cancel the ability. The problem is that that I can still walk around and move sometimes too with my block up, but if I let go of the block then I will be hit with the ability that was already applied to me and I will be immobilized for the remainder of the abilities active time if there is anytime left on the ability. It is for the simple fact that I can still be immobilized long after the ability is used once my block has been let down that clearly indicates that this is a bug. No force ability should "stick" to you until the time has run out or you let your block down.

It should only work the instant it is used otherwise it is negated. This is how it's been since day one and no update note or developer comment has stated otherwise.

IT IS MOST DEFINITELY A BUG, UNLESS SOMEONE AT DICE FORGOT TO MENTION IN THE UPDATE NOTES THAT THIS WAS CHANGED!
  • willywonka7
    1428 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    There is also a bug that allows you to ghost your character, so that the other team and your teammates cannot see you. It is mainly only happening in the start up screen of HvV and HvV showdown. It is becoming more and more common People have also found a way to spawn closer to the enemies in HvV, like half the distance that you are suppose to spawn. It completely takes some people by surprise.

I actually had someone running around the map completely invisible too this weekend, but I was able to time it and hit him because he had the target icon above his head still must of been so **** that his ghosting cheat/glitch still didn't allow him to win. So many bugs so many problems in this game.

Also duplicate hero glitch too!
  • Will9113
    36 posts Member
    If this is considered a bug then every other stun ability in the game is bugged lol. All stuns are broken by lightsabers but not blast fire. This isnt specific to Kylo.

• willywonka7
    1428 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Will9113 wrote: »
    If this is considered a bug then every other stun ability in the game is bugged lol. All stuns are broken by lightsabers but not blast fire. This isnt specific to Kylo.

No you don't understand.

We aren't talking about someone being frozen by kylo's freeze and then one of Kylo's buddies or himself hitting the person while they are frozen and taking them out of stun lock. That is what is suppose to happen and has been in the game since day one. Lightsabers and blasters taking people out of stun lock is up for debate, but that's not what we are talking about.

In the video above post by @Devastator218234 stater the person is frozen even though they were blocking. You can see it @4:58 . He is actually frozen while in the blocking stance. This isn't suppose to happen and is a new bug in the game. If you are already blocking the ability doesn't hit you and you are only suppose to stumble for a second to allow someone else to hit you, that is what is suppose to happen. You definitely shouldn't be frozen in the blocking stance.

A similar thing is also happening another way too that I described above. I have found that with rey and luke they can both be hit by an "immobilizing ability" like Kylo's freeze and even though they are not blocking, they are still presented a roughly 2 second window to still activate luke or rey's block to prevent them from still being hit with the freeze. I know that this is happening because I hear the game sounds that I was hit, you'll know if you play the game enough what I'm talking about, if your hit with the freeze you get a specific sound that comes up. I activate the block ability immediately and all of a sudden my aimer takes my screen and I look directly at my feet. I am still allowed to walk around, but if i let go of the block, then I am frozen.

It's not suppose to work like this and is a bug or the patch notes didn't include this game update.
  • Will9113 wrote: »

No you don't understand.

We aren't talking about someone being frozen by kylo's freeze and then one of Kylo's buddies or himself hitting the person while they are frozen and taking them out of stun lock. That is what is suppose to happen and has been in the game since day one. Lightsabers and blasters taking people out of stun lock is up for debate, but that's not what we are talking about.

In the video above post by @Devastator218234 stater the person is frozen even though they were blocking. You can see it @4:58 . He is actually frozen while in the blocking stance. This isn't suppose to happen and is a new bug in the game. If you are already blocking the ability doesn't hit you and you are only suppose to stumble for a second to allow someone else to hit you, that is what is suppose to happen. You definitely shouldn't be frozen in the blocking stance.

A similar thing is also happening another way too that I described above. I have found that with rey and luke they can both be hit by an "immobilizing ability" like Kylo's freeze and even though they are not blocking, they are still presented a roughly 2 second window to still activate luke or rey's block to prevent them from still being hit with the freeze. I know that this is happening because I hear the game sounds that I was hit, you'll know if you play the game enough what I'm talking about, if your hit with the freeze you get a specific sound that comes up. I activate the block ability immediately and all of a sudden my aimer takes my screen and I look directly at my feet. I am still allowed to walk around, but if i let go of the block, then I am frozen.

It's not suppose to work like this and is a bug or the patch notes didn't include this game update.

So basically they broke Kylo's Freeze, Palpatine's Chain Lightning (doesn't hit enemies at all sometimes now), and failed to even fix Maul's throw for the third time (video evidence post patch has still shown it fly right through enemies without damage.)

Can't they fix anything right? And when they fix one thing, they break two more! I try not to get mad at devs but this is quite frustrating, especially when the core balance of the game still needs work, yet we still have a ton of bugs to patch too.
  • So, whenever Kylo freezes an enemy, the freeze is on a timer. However, it will outomatically release once the frozen player is dealt damge by Kylo. But, if someone else deals it, they remain unfrozen. Either this is a glitch or is in need of a nerf, because a 2 player team can take down any hero with this, regardless of skill.

Well they need to have the same break coding used to break free of Vader's choke hold. A player can break free by hitting a certain button repeatedly to shorten the affect. The same should be true for all disabling force attacks, light and dark.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Will9113 wrote: »

No you don't understand.

So basically they broke Kylo's Freeze, Palpatine's Chain Lightning (doesn't hit enemies at all sometimes now), and failed to even fix Maul's throw for the third time (video evidence post patch has still shown it fly right through enemies without damage.)

Can't they fix anything right? And when they fix one thing, they break two more! I try not to get mad at devs but this is quite frustrating, especially when the core balance of the game still needs work, yet we still have a ton of bugs to patch too.

I mean, they have fixed many bugs. Game performance is also practically free of lag on pc(for me, at least). As for saber throw and such, it seems to be a rare occurrence, as it works for me most of the time. Kylo, however, is a constant(k). Feel free to tell me when you notice the pun. As for Palpatine, I do not feel bad for him. Whenever they get to fixing it is fine. He needs a break.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    People.
    All stuns in this game, including freeze, and vader's choke, allow the recipient to receive an Infinite amount of blaster damage or lightning(palpatine)

Melee of any sort breaks these effect, another ability will break it as well

The one exception I've noticed is lando's sharpshot breaks his own stun and I would assume but unsure that it would break similar effects.

U think freeze Is op?
    Consider a Vader with increased duration choke star card....

U could eat like a 3 second Choke and the 200ish damage therein all meanwhile iden is unloading into your face.

• wwkingms wrote: »
    People.
    All stuns in this game, including freeze, and vader's choke, allow the recipient to receive an Infinite amount of blaster damage or lightning(palpatine)

The one exception I've noticed is lando's sharpshot breaks his own stun and I would assume but unsure that it would break similar effects.

U think freeze Is op?

U could eat like a 3 second Choke and the 200ish damage therein all meanwhile iden is unloading into your face.
    But Iden should not be doing that... No skill for a kill.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Devlin21
    8318 posts Member
    wwkingms wrote: »
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

Teamwork.

Kylo freezes, any blaster hero kills.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• willywonka7
    1428 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    JediJulius wrote: »

Yep they have broken a lot of things and have hardly fixed anything lately.
    • Maul lighsaber throw is still slightly broken,
    • emperor's chain lightning and normal lightning attacks don't always hit even though the enemy isn't blocking
    • yoda's force push is a little buggy still
    • Kylo's Freeze and lightside blocking has some issues
    • Issues with other immobilizing abilities & lightsaber blocking
    • chewy's ground slam is becoming more buggy lately too it doesn't always activate or hit targets properly.
    • Also ground slam sometimes double activates. Chewy jumps and ground slams, then immediately gets up and starts running like he is going to do another ground slam
    • People have figure out how to ghost themselves or go invisible so you cannot see them in the intro scenes for HvV
    • People have also been going invisible during game play again, like what was happening in the beta version
    • Lightsabers deactivate from time to time still and won't reactivate until you die and respawn
  • JediJulius
    501 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

Teamwork.

I don't really find Wombo Combos fun to use or play against. There should be a damage cap within a controlling effect that once reached the person is released from the remaining duration. It can moderately high for shocks while freeze and choke could have slightly lower caps, but a person shouldn't be able to lose 500+ health without any counterplay simply because of a controlling effect (which the dark side has in abundance) and a blaster. Also, freeze is just really strong in general since it lasts so long. 5+ seconds is a very long time, especially in smaller modes, rendering a teammate or two helpless while their friend gets destroyed.

Also, Lando's Sharpshooter breaks stuns because it is a very quick burst of over 100 damage which causes a flinch nearly identical to a lightsaber strike (as it does similar damage.) I would love to see a similar flinch implemented to large bursts of blaster fire to break a stun.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

Teamwork.

I don't really find Wombo Combos fun to use or play against. There should be a damage cap within a controlling effect that once reached the person is released from the remaining duration. It can moderately high for shocks while freeze and choke could have slightly lower caps, but a person shouldn't be able to lose 500+ health without any counterplay simply because of a controlling effect (which the dark side has in abundance) and a blaster. Also, freeze is just really strong in general since it lasts so long. 5+ seconds is a very long time, especially in smaller modes, rendering a teammate or two helpless while their friend gets destroyed.

Also, Lando's Sharpshooter breaks stuns because it is a very quick burst of over 100 damage which causes a flinch nearly identical to a lightsaber strike (as it does similar damage.) I would love to see a similar flinch implemented to large bursts of blaster fire to break a stun.

Actually, I have lost all my health as a saber hero.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

ahh but timed burst/cc is skill in a sense

you've obviously never faced a PomPyro/Rogue in old school 2v2
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

ahh but timed burst/cc is skill in a sense

you've obviously never faced a PomPyro/Rogue in old school 2v2

But when you have a party who are talking to each other it is too easy to plan... Or even having a plan going in.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Zinjo2017
    556 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

Hence the break code that seems only to work on Vader's choke needs to implemented across the board for these abilities to keep the game flowing and avoid issues like the ones described.
    H v V is always played best as a team sport. However to allow a team to gang up on someone who is totally defenseless for however many seconds without a means of escape is just bad coding.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017 wrote: »
    People.

U think freeze Is op?

Hence the break code that seems only to work on Vader's choke needs to implemented across the board for these abilities to keep the game flowing and avoid issues like the ones described.
    H v V is always played best as a team sport. However to allow a team to gang up on someone who is totally defenseless for however many seconds without a means of escape is just bad coding.

Yes. You can pretty much die from getting to close to Kylo.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @willywonka7

[*] People have figure out how to ghost themselves or go invisible so you cannot see them in the intro scenes for HvV

I don't think that someone figured that out, it's just another bugg, at least i haven't figured it out and it happend to me twice so far i believe and then i usually end up spawing in away from my team.
  • @willywonka7

[*] People have figure out how to ghost themselves or go invisible so you cannot see them in the intro scenes for HvV

I don't think that someone figured that out, it's just another bugg, at least i haven't figured it out and it happend to me twice so far i believe and then i usually end up spawing in away from my team.

Hit tan to bring up the player list, then exit the list. It will be fixed. @F8RGE
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • willywonka7
    1428 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I think you are referring to when you are waiting in hero selection window for game to start and peoples icons aren't appearing yet. No that's not what I'm talking about. I know people that have figured out how to ghost themselves in the intro videos and spawn slightly closer to the enemy team as well. They now how the bug works and can cause it to happen almost every game.

Hit tan to bring up the player list, then exit the list. It will be fixed. @F8RGE

I think that some people know how to cause the bug to occur so that they are invisible in intro videos every round and utilize the fact that they spawn away from team to get to enemy sooner at the beginning of the round.....believe me!
  • I think you are referring to when you are waiting in hero selection window for game to start and peoples icons aren't appearing yet. No that's not what I'm talking about. I know people that have figured out how to ghost themselves in the intro videos and spawn slightly closer to the enemy team as well. They now how the bug works and can cause it to happen almost every game.

I think that some people know how to cause the bug to occur so that they are invisible in intro videos every round and utilize the fact that they spawn away from team to get to enemy sooner at the beginning of the round.....believe me!

Huh. Darn hackers. Misunderstood the question. Response: shoot a lot of lasers at them. :lol:
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season