criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How much is to much?For any skin...

ShinoBaz
33 posts Member
How much would a skin have to cost before you would say no thanks even i'm not crazy enough to pay that much.(Now i'm mainly reffering to thoses who would need to use real money,but even if you had credits would you use them all for just one skin?)...

Replies

• Would pay whatever it took credit wise to get the skins I want. Still drop 1M credits on ANH Leia. Credits are easy to farm so shelling out cash is t required at least for now
  • My threshold is probably somewhere around 25$+. For me to buy a skin that cost more than that, it will have to be a really special skin, on a hero that I use often, while also coming in limited supply and not-purchasable by credits to get that special feeling.
  • 80k is already pushing it...
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • xjippyx
    153 posts Member
    I got 300k for a shirtless Kylo

• Victor94
    316 posts Member
    I don't have any limits on credits if I want a skin, but on real money my limit is 10$.
  • I want my moneys worth. If they put Savage Opress as a new skin for maul, fully voiced and everything with unique emotes. I'd shell out 200k Credits for it.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    xjippyx wrote: »
    I got 300k for a shirtless Kylo

HIS NAME IS BEN SWOLO!

Well, "real money cap" is 20€ atm. I guess thats totally ok. Most other games based around skinds have such prices, but in BF2 you can still farm them.

I talked to some friends, who ofc also play the game, pretty much everyone agrees that 20€ for a badass skin they really, really like (Darth Maul with kybernetic legs for example) is fine. I dont think they will go higher.

Bigger problem I see for the future of skin sales is that we need more hero based modes, so you get an actual chance to use you precious skin and show it off.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    cXvSNKI.gif?noredirect
    No expense would be spared.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • I want my moneys worth. If they put Savage Opress as a new skin for maul, fully voiced and everything with unique emotes. I'd shell out 200k Credits for it.

200k. Yes. I thought 80k was a little light if they’re trying to get some revenue. I’d pay 200k for a skin if it was what I really want. Why we can’t buy emotes is a mystery. There aren’t enough skins.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Skins are cheap as heck right now. They need to increase the prices if they want to make a profit.
    Psn: Jello770
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    ShinoBaz wrote: »
    How much would a skin have to cost before you would say no thanks even i'm not crazy enough to pay that much.(Now i'm mainly reffering to thoses who would need to use real money,but even if you had credits would you use them all for just one skin?)...

27zp3x.gif
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    it will never be enough because some people have been playing since beta and have amassed billions of credits so they can get everything instantly
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Empire_TW
    5912 posts Member
    I'll wait until they release some actual good skins before worrying about what would be too much.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'll wait until they release some actual good skins before worrying about what would be too much.

Agree. Haven't bought anything new since they released the "heads". Have 500K+ and 67 crates. IMO 80K is beyond pushing it for Legendary. That is almost $20 US. For ONE SKIN? And sorry, they are good but not amazing. Since EA dropped the amount of credits you earn overall, I am not wasting a dime on their stuff unless its better than good.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Agree. Haven't bought anything new since they released the "heads". Have 500K+ and 67 crates. IMO 80K is beyond pushing it for Legendary. That is almost $20 US. For ONE SKIN? And sorry, they are good but not amazing. Since EA dropped the amount of credits you earn overall, I am not wasting a dime on their stuff unless its better than good.

Mad dog.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Empire_TW
    5912 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Mad dog.
    i5yhepts4lcy.jpg

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • 20£ got me two skins and a load of cards, no way would I even consider paying that same 20£ for one skin
  • 80k is already pushing it...

PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Credits are too easy to farm to use real money for skins.
    The biggest issue I have it that the Deluxe version is now just 40$, and you'd like the fans now to pay 40$ for just 2 Legendary skins, with No new maps, weapons, cards, etc....????
  • LaurenXIV
    444 posts Member
    40,000 credits should be the maximum, but it should be reduced when theres a large update with lots of skins :)

The thing is, at the moment you buy skins... and you can only use them 50% of the time when you play as the Resistance or Rebellion, and only if you choose certain classes. Hero skins are the same, their skins are only usable 50% of the time depending on what side you're on and even then theres no guarantee that youll be able to play as the specific hero because someone could get there first.

So with that in mind, 40,000 credits should be the maximum now. 20,000 when theres many skins to choose from :)
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    I’d drop $20 for the occasional legendary if it’s something I really want.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • UrbanGlitch
    2700 posts Member
    150k, too much
    For the EMPIRE!
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    I’d drop $20 for the occasional legendary if it’s something I really want.

Yeah, like Old Luke. I think $20 should be the limit on skin prices.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Skowsa
    316 posts Member
    I think the 80k for Leia’s Boussh is fine for what it is. Any less and it wouldn’t feel like such a grind for me to buy it.

If there was an absolutely awesome skin that was only available with real money and never credits (Nautolan or Shistavanen Assault for example) I would consider up to $15 for it.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Skins are cheap as heck right now. They need to increase the prices if they want to make a profit.
    Either that, or the more plausible solution is to release a bunch of cool worthwhile skins for both troopers and heroes. And make it so you can change them pre-game! We have a 60 40 second wait, should be plenty enough to change the skin of the hero(es) you think you might get a chnace to play. Rebel and Resistance troopers should be able to have pre-set appearances that you can either buy as one thing or create, so you can buy different she's, gloves, accessories, shirts etc for them and change them, and make a different one for Hot/Cold/Camo/Regular environments. And Clone customisation! I'm sure people would be willing to pay $20 to make their perfect clone (when I say people, I obviously don't mean everybody, but some people XD).
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Piscettios
    5777 posts Member
    With no roadmap to see how long the game will actually be supported and no skin selection option to use the right skins on the right maps... how can you justify spending anything at all on skins right now?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13