criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Palpy's Attacks No Longer Work In CQC Situations

Sgt_Fergus
2108 posts Member
I don't play palpy often since I have him almost maxed out but I noticed that after the update when I did play him, he can't strike anything close to him. I pull the trigger and people that are point blank right in from of him, in a close corridor or something, you can't hit them. This needs to be addressed. it makes it so he is useless indoors insides bases or tunnels if people get up close. it won't zap them anymore. Please fix.

Replies

• Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    Its been like this since launch or possibly when in February when they remove wall lightning. But it's been happening before patch.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Palpys melee is great. If you’re that close then give em a tickle with your creepy lightning fingers
  • For me it's always been like that and thats how i often was able to take out palp or at least a huge part of his health if players not react correctly.

I think many people don't realize he has a melee attack or not react quickly enough to switch to it and keep wondering why i am running right at them in a situation where he already was rather close to me
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I don't play palpy often since I have him almost maxed out but I noticed that after the update when I did play him, he can't strike anything close to him. I pull the trigger and people that are point blank right in from of him, in a close corridor or something, you can't hit them. This needs to be addressed. it makes it so he is useless indoors insides bases or tunnels if people get up close. it won't zap them anymore. Please fix.

That glitch has been in the game for a long time.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    Also, the chain lightning doesn't work either. i zap people with it and its now doing this weird particle thing instead. i tested it in arcade and it did the same thing. it no longer does damage or chain.
  • Devlin21
    8227 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Also, the chain lightning doesn't work either. i zap people with it and its now doing this weird particle thing instead. i tested it in arcade and it did the same thing. it no longer does damage or chain.

That's what they broke.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

That's what they broke.

****, every time they update something else breaks with it. i didn't know the CQC of attacking people near by in confined spaces wouldn't hit people and that last patch broke chain lightning. well i guess ill put off playing as palpy for a while then until these fix those 2.
  • I made a post about this awhile back. Palpatine has once again been ruined. There has been a track record of creating more bugs and glitches with patches (in this case a silly nerf) when they should have fixed his lighting in the beginning before they nerfed him. In doing so, now one of Palpatine’s biggest assets is essentially a gamble (even if unintentional by the poor patch work). And yes, while his melee is amazing (near perfect I should say) it will do you no good in a hallway full of heavies.

They should have fixed his CQ lighting a long time ago, but people wanted an unnecessary nerf first. As I said before, they should have fixed him before the stupid nerf because now there’s a game of catch-up that won’t likely be resolved until it’s way late because there’s history of a patch leading to a brand new bug.

Now in no way am I saying that Palpatine is a useless hero, but he should not have suffered this badly from a nerf (arguably needed or not) on top of the usual bugs that come with these patches. I still do really well with him, but he’s obviously extremely less functional now.
    It’s truly unfortunate the state of this cool hero has taken a turn, and I do hope to see him fixed very soon.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    I made a post about this awhile back. Palpatine has once again been ruined. There has been a track record of creating more bugs and glitches with patches (in this case a silly nerf) when they should have fixed his lighting in the beginning before they nerfed him. In doing so, now one of Palpatine’s biggest assets is essentially a gamble (even if unintentional by the poor patch work). And yes, while his melee is amazing (near perfect I should say) it will do you no good in a hallway full of heavies.

They should have fixed his CQ lighting a long time ago, but people wanted an unnecessary nerf first. As I said before, they should have fixed him before the **** nerf because now there’s a game of catch-up that won’t likely be resolved until it’s way late because there’s history of a patch leading to a brand new bug.

Now in no way am I saying that Palpatine is a useless hero, but he should not have suffered this badly from a nerf (arguably needed or not) on top of the usual bugs that come with these patches. I still do really well with him, but he’s obviously extremely less functional now.
    It’s truly unfortunate the state of this cool hero has taken a turn, and I do hope to see him fixed very soon.

he did actually need a nerf because he was too strong of a hero that no one could get close to him, just the problem was this nerf now makes him weak in CQC or large ground as his chain attack and main lightning attacks with his hands don't work correctly. he still has melee but in a CQC situation with lost of vanguard players, he has no chance in hitting them because of the bug. they do need to fix those 2 things. he needs to be able to do his primary attack in CQC and they need to fix his chain lightning asap.

• he did actually need a nerf because he was too strong of a hero that no one could get close to him, just the problem was this nerf now makes him weak in CQC or large ground as his chain attack and main lightning attacks with his hands don't work correctly. he still has melee but in a CQC situation with lost of vanguard players, he has no chance in hitting them because of the bug. they do need to fix those 2 things. he needs to be able to do his primary attack in CQC and they need to fix his chain lightning asap.[/quote]

My point exactly. The nerf was a mistake before fixing his lighting. This is why nerfs need to be looked into before being applied. Palpatine is still functional, but he’s nowhere near as powerful as before, which is silly when you have other characters that should have been looked at first. That being said, I don’t see why Vader wasn’t nerfed by the same token, or Chewbacca. Each have respective strengths that can be exploited. It’s not different with Palpatine, I hope (since nerfing is the path that’s been chosen to go down, I hope we see a lot more of it then to keep balance). I would have liked to see other heroes raised to such a standard, but that is not the case since nerfing is everyone’s go to.

Knowing how long it takes for these fixes to apply, it’s too much of a gamble to use him if the situation is close quarters, and I too hope those two things you stated are fixed IMMEDIATELY. It sucks to see one of the most powerful characters in the galaxy by story (and arguably should be one of the most powerful villains in the game especially the way they boast his capabilities in the loading screen if we’re talking gameplay balance) be almost benched.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    he did actually need a nerf because he was too strong of a hero that no one could get close to him, just the problem was this nerf now makes him weak in CQC or large ground as his chain attack and main lightning attacks with his hands don't work correctly. he still has melee but in a CQC situation with lost of vanguard players, he has no chance in hitting them because of the bug. they do need to fix those 2 things. he needs to be able to do his primary attack in CQC and they need to fix his chain lightning asap.

My point exactly. The nerf was a mistake before fixing his lighting. This is why nerfs need to be looked into before being applied. Palpatine is still functional, but he’s nowhere near as powerful as before, which is silly when you have other characters that should have been looked at first. That being said, I don’t see why Vader wasn’t nerfed by the same token, or Chewbacca. Each have respective strengths that can be exploited. It’s not different with Palpatine, I hope (since nerfing is the path that’s been chosen to go down, I hope we see a lot more of it then to keep balance). I would have liked to see other heroes raised to such a standard, but that is not the case since nerfing is everyone’s go to.

Knowing how long it takes for these fixes to apply, it’s too much of a gamble to use him if the situation is close quarters, and I too hope those two things you stated are fixed IMMEDIATELY. It sucks to see one of the most powerful characters in the galaxy by story (and arguably should be one of the most powerful villains in the game especially the way they boast his capabilities in the loading screen if we’re talking gameplay balance) be almost benched.

I got a clip of the glitch http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sgt-fergus/video/52312430
    Post edited by Sgt_Fergus on
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    more clips of his abilities doing nothing. chewie was hit with shock-wave electrocution and didn't freeze, then chain lightning and didn't do anything or bounce off to hit luke
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sgt-fergus/video/52314996

even luke's push is broken
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sgt-fergus/video/52315056
  • Yeah I used him and HVV and can confirm this. His chain lighting is:.. disappointing. His Electrocute ability is also not functioning properly
  • jonci
    704 posts Member
    Yeah and its fun in showdown doing the Vader - Palps challenge. NOT.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
    Rebel against EOR MM in the hope it gets removed.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2108 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    Yeah and its fun in showdown doing the Vader - Palps challenge. NOT.

ya he is no longer menacing like he use to, people rush in even more with Vanguard hoping to get lucky.