criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

What is your favorite "STAR WARS" movie?

2Next

Replies

• LeftTurnus
    1099 posts Member
    For me, my number one is Empire Strikes Back. It would take a really exceptional Star Wars movie to top it.
    A close second is the original Star Wars (before the add ons and it became A New Hope). The unaltered theatrical release version is the best.

Rogue One also high on my list. I was late to the party in seeing it but it is much higher on my list than the other movies.

RotJ was ruined for me by the Ewoks and Lucas trying to get too cute.
    Saw it in a theater with a friend. When an Ewok finally dies, the theater audience was quiet or "awwww..." I distinctly heard my self utter "It's about time they got one!" My friend laughed so hard at that :)

The Prequel Trilogy was pretty dull and disappointing to me.

Episodes 7 and 8 also a bit lacking for me. Trying to be too cute and silly. TLJ could have been entertaining but I became jaded early on with poe sitting there in his Xwin mispronouncing "Hux". That set a bad tone for the rest of the movie...
  • mastery0ta
    6133 posts Member
    There's only one return, and it ain't of the king it's of the Jedi. ROTJ 100%
  • Return of the King came first, dude. It was written in the 50's. For me, Aragorn will always trump Luke Skywalker; because I like Tolkien better than Lucas.
    mastery0ta wrote: »

itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • mastery0ta
    6133 posts Member
    Return of the King came first, dude. It was written in the 50's. For me, Aragorn will always trump Luke Skywalker; because I like Tolkien better than Lucas.

Oh I was just quoting clerks 2 Mr. Crawdad, no shade intended ;)
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Return of the King came first, dude. It was written in the 50's. For me, Aragorn will always trump Luke Skywalker; because I like Tolkien better than Lucas.

Okay.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member

Okay.

mur2b7pn0pnz.gif
    Psn: Jello770
  • mastery0ta
    6133 posts Member

Okay.

Sorry if it seemed that way. No worries
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

Okay.

I said okay because I have no idea what clerks 2 is.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • mastery0ta
    6133 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Okay.

I said okay because I have no idea what clerks 2 is.

Oh its a Kevin Smith movie. Before he decided to make.. honestly I quit following him after that film
  • Not so good at choosing favorites but just wanna say solo is pretty high
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »
    RotJ was ruined for me by the Ewoks and Lucas trying to get too cute.
    Saw it in a theater with a friend. When an Ewok finally dies, the theater audience was quiet or "awwww..." I distinctly heard my self utter "It's about time they got one!" My friend laughed so hard at that :)

Oh man, you are just looking for an argument..
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• Star Wars holiday special of course! It’s the introduction of Boba Fett!
  • Revenge of the sith hands down.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Toddyrocket
    2400 posts Member
    1.Empire Strikes Back
    2. Original Star Wars
    3. Return of The Jedi
    4. Rogue One and the last scene with Vader is my favorite
  • IIPrest0nII
    4436 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I moved this thread to Off-topic section.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1540 posts Member
    edited May 2018

ha!
    tenor.gif
    Let me help you out of your chair, Grandma!!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • LaurenXIV
    444 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    My current order of favorite SW movies is...

#1 - Empire Strikes Back.
    Its a great movie

#2 - A New Hope.
    Its a great movie, I like it :)

#3 - Return of the Jedi.
    The Ewoks are though adorable and cute, great movie

#4 - Revenge of the Sith.
    Its an enjoyable movie

#5 - The Phantom Menace.
    Darth Maul and Qui-Gon make the movie definitely more awesome

#6 - Attack of the Clones.
    Romance blows but clones? Awesome

#7 - Rogue One.
    Better than TFA & TLJ

#-1 - The Force Awakens.
    Horrible movie

#-2 - The Last Jedi
    Worst star wars movie

Fixed

Can’t you just cut that ****?

I told people to be civil. Instead he pulls a douchey move like that.

Not really, it's just hard to see somene bash even the original trilogy, star wars community is divided because one bashed the prequel triology, but once the original trology (which were always claimed as the best no matter what) is bashed once the new trilogy came out (whch aint't complete yet actually), you maybe think that star wars is not the way it used to be? I hope that episode 9 will complete the trology, if kylo gets even better I will be happy. Anyway just my 2 cents.

If this is about my favorite movie list, I definitely wasnt insulting the OT. I love all Star Wars movies :)

But I cant, for honesty reasons, hold up the OT as something that is immune to criticism or view it in a different way than I view the others. I dont think it would be right. I need to judge all the movies by the same criteria to judge which I prefer :)

I have my reasons for placing the OT movies below the new ST movies. I hope that isnt somehow offensive
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • ESB is the best movie for me. When I was about 5 I saw it in theaters and it blew my mind. ANH I saw a couple of years later was mediocre and fairy tale like in comparison. RotJ was good as well but not as good. RotS I liked but totally disagreed with how easy it was to use Padme and suspicion of Jedi Counsil to turn Anakin to the dark side. Anakin was close to the Jedi Counsil to betray them just out of suspicion, it would take more. Also he would sacrifice Padme for the greater good as well so nah, didn't feel convincing for me.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    ESB is the best movie for me. When I was about 5 I saw it in theaters and it blew my mind. ANH I saw a couple of years later was mediocre and fairy tale like in comparison. RotJ was good as well but not as good. RotS I liked but totally disagreed with how easy it was to use Padme and suspicion of Jedi Counsil to turn Anakin to the dark side. Anakin was close to the Jedi Counsil to betray them just out of suspicion, it would take more. Also he would sacrifice Padme for the greater good as well so nah, didn't feel convincing for me.

I'm not a prequel fan but wasn't the haunting thoughts he had of Padme dying in child birth the reason why he fell to the dark so easily.The promise of being able to prevent her death if he learned the dark side of the force......all through the prequels there was emphasis on emotional weakness it didn't just happen in one episode.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah but he knew visions aren't 100% accurate and he wouldn't sacrifice the whole Jedi Order to save her. That would make him too selfish and desperate. You could say he was pretty desperate with how the Jedi forbade him to even save his mother from slavery and he needed a close person when Jedi were basically all cold and distant towards others. Jedi were a vicious sect in their own way forbiding love and attachment seeing it as a flaw and weakness in one self. Still this Jedi vs Anakin ideology should've been flashed out more. Anakin thought of love and attachment as selflessness and not a weakness despite falling victim to it later on.
  • Empire Strikes Back hands down, best movie ever made. It's a perfect film.
    "Never tell me the odds!"
  • Yeah but he knew visions aren't 100% accurate and he wouldn't sacrifice the whole Jedi Order to save her. That would make him too selfish and desperate. You could say he was pretty desperate with how the Jedi forbade him to even save his mother from slavery and he needed a close person when Jedi were basically all cold and distant towards others. Jedi were a vicious sect in their own way forbiding love and attachment seeing it as a flaw and weakness in one self. Still this Jedi vs Anakin ideology should've been flashed out more. Anakin thought of love and attachment as selflessness and not a weakness despite falling victim to it later on.

Did he though, because the vision about his mother was accurate. Anakin really had no idea what to trust. They had lied to him a few times in the CW tv show. Anakin was selfish, all he cared about was what he wanted. He wanted Padme, power, and prominence. He let his desires take hold of his life, and it wrecked him.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah he believed in selflessness but fell victim to being selfish.
  • Yeah but he knew visions aren't 100% accurate and he wouldn't sacrifice the whole Jedi Order to save her. That would make him too selfish and desperate. You could say he was pretty desperate with how the Jedi forbade him to even save his mother from slavery and he needed a close person when Jedi were basically all cold and distant towards others. Jedi were a vicious sect in their own way forbiding love and attachment seeing it as a flaw and weakness in one self. Still this Jedi vs Anakin ideology should've been flashed out more. Anakin thought of love and attachment as selflessness and not a weakness despite falling victim to it later on.

Did he though, because the vision about his mother was accurate. Anakin really had no idea what to trust. They had lied to him a few times in the CW tv show. Anakin was selfish, all he cared about was what he wanted. He wanted Padme, power, and prominence. He let his desires take hold of his life, and it wrecked him.

Fresh of a few episodes of The Flash, at first I read this and was like "Anakin in a CW show?" Then I realized, "Oh he's talking about Clone Wars."
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    Revenge of the Sith
  • WarfareKiller41
    6779 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    RotJ, TLJ and RotS are very close behind.
    Post edited by WarfareKiller41 on
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3487 posts Member
    edited June 2018
  • Vespervin
    691 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    8ek228olhc1z.jpeg

I’m not even joking. It was hard for me to choose between this and Revenge of the Sith but I went with this one. It’s a fun movie and I love the setting. I’m not the biggest fan of JJ though.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • DarthJ
    6539 posts Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    8ek228olhc1z.jpeg

I’m not even joking. It was hard for me to choose between this and Revenge of the Sith but I went with this one. It’s a fun movie and I love the setting. I’m not the biggest fan of JJ though.

I admire your honesty!

I have a biased view of it too, as I was 9 when it came out, so to me I found it a fun and decent film. TESB will always be my favourite, but I dont think TPM is as bad as folk say
    PSN: ibrajoker59