criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How EA Play Can Save Battlefront II

Recent news that some game changers and redditors have been invited to EA Play bodes well for what DICE has to present regarding Battlefront 2. It stands to reason that it has to be more than just a look at the Solo Season. Yes, it's a great way to show off the Season Content, but it's also a great platform to discuss the game's future. It's a golden opportunity to right the ship, and get the game back on track in a very public way. I'd say that we're more likely to get big picture news as opposed to an itemized list of content coming our way—and that's a good thing.

Here's what I think they will show us:
Han Solo: Season 2, Part 2
We will get a complete, detailed rundown of the Solo Season Part 2. We already know that Battlefront 2 will be playable, so it makes perfect sense that they show off the new Solo: A Star Wars story themed content.
I'd guess that the "New World"—probably Kessel—will be revealed, along with the long awaited new Extraction mode (playable, of course). Plus whatever other maps that Extraction will be playable on at launch.
They'll show off the latest round of "No Hologram" UI.
The 4-5 new legendary skins will be revealed to be young Han, young Lando, Chewie with C-3PO, a certain Crimson Dawn syndicate crime boss... & Force Awakens era Han Solo.
It wouldn't surprise me if they also released another SWBF2015 map closely related to Han Solo... Bespin Carbon Freeze Chamber.

The Plan For Skins and Emotes.
Now that the framework is in place after the Progression, UI updates, and the recent emote hot fix, all of those hurdles have been cleared. Now is the time to reveal how the new monetization will work. We know that purchasing skins is the way forward, as to should be the purchasing of emotes. Right now all emotes are Common Emotes, like Common Appearances. This means mean that we can expect there to be Rare, Epic, and Legendary emotes as well. For credits, or CRYSTALS. This is the best way, and the biggest platform to reveal how this will work.

July Content Tease
I wouldn't expect too much detail for this between-season content update, but I would expect the announcement of Wampa Hunt's arrival, along with the return of a Twilight on Hoth map. Likely another SWBF2015 map (or two) returning. In addition, additional skins of various tiers will be available. Also—and most importantly—I'd expect that the official launch of the Emote/Appearance buying system will go live with the July Content release...Just in time for Season 3. Might as well give people something to buy if they are going to launch a new system.

August/September Season 3 Reveal
This is where it gets interesting. And while the Emote/Skin news is more important in terms of the game's future, this is the bigger news that will grab players by the throats and make them pay attention...and stick with the game over the long haul.
The Return of Geonosis will be heralded for large and small scale maps.
Four heroes will be announced/released, and two will be Obi-Wan and Grevious.
Clone Customization (new Legion skins) will be released.
4-5 Legendary Skins and multiple Emotes will be announced but not revealed.
The new hybrid Conquest mode will be announced (for the second half of the season) for online play with offline to follow in coming months.
Wouldn't surprise me if they had another map like Utupau in store as well for the second half.

I wouldn't expect any further Road Map, except for a confirmation of the alternating Season (1-2 months) followed by an odd month Content Drop with some Ported Maps, new skins, emotes, and Hunt Mode Variant.

Maybe some of the details aren't quite right, Utapau especially, but a presentation like this would A) go a long way towards winning back some good faith in the public eye, and B) set to rest fears of "abandoning the game."

Replies

• I really hope DICE go all-out with what they're gonna reveal for BFII at EA Play as it needs a popularity boost
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Devlin21
    8322 posts Member
    I really hope DICE go all-out with what they're gonna reveal for BFII at EA Play as it needs a popularity boost

Even just giving us the titles of what the months updates will be called for the rest of the year would be the perfect roàdnap
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• That’s not good enough. They need to give us some sort of roadmap for the future of the game.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Recent news that some game changers and redditors have been invited to EA Play bodes well for what DICE has to present regarding Battlefront 2. It stands to reason that it has to be more than just a look at the Solo Season. Yes, it's a great way to show off the Season Content, but it's also a great platform to discuss the game's future. It's a golden opportunity to right the ship, and get the game back on track in a very public way. I'd say that we're more likely to get big picture news as opposed to an itemized list of content coming our way—and that's a good thing.

Here's what I think they will show us:
    Han Solo: Season 2, Part 2
    We will get a complete, detailed rundown of the Solo Season Part 2. We already know that Battlefront 2 will be playable, so it makes perfect sense that they show off the new Solo: A Star Wars story themed content.
    I'd guess that the "New World"—probably Kessel—will be revealed, along with the long awaited new Extraction mode (playable, of course). Plus whatever other maps that Extraction will be playable on at launch.
    They'll show off the latest round of "No Hologram" UI.
    The 4-5 new legendary skins will be revealed to be young Han, young Lando, Chewie with C-3PO, a certain Crimson Dawn syndicate crime boss... & Force Awakens era Han Solo.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they also released another SWBF2015 map closely related to Han Solo... Bespin Carbon Freeze Chamber.

The Plan For Skins and Emotes.
    Now that the framework is in place after the Progression, UI updates, and the recent emote hot fix, all of those hurdles have been cleared. Now is the time to reveal how the new monetization will work. We know that purchasing skins is the way forward, as to should be the purchasing of emotes. Right now all emotes are Common Emotes, like Common Appearances. This means mean that we can expect there to be Rare, Epic, and Legendary emotes as well. For credits, or CRYSTALS. This is the best way, and the biggest platform to reveal how this will work.

July Content Tease
    I wouldn't expect too much detail for this between-season content update, but I would expect the announcement of Wampa Hunt's arrival, along with the return of a Twilight on Hoth map. Likely another SWBF2015 map (or two) returning. In addition, additional skins of various tiers will be available. Also—and most importantly—I'd expect that the official launch of the Emote/Appearance buying system will go live with the July Content release...Just in time for Season 3. Might as well give people something to buy if they are going to launch a new system.

August/September Season 3 Reveal
    This is where it gets interesting. And while the Emote/Skin news is more important in terms of the game's future, this is the bigger news that will grab players by the throats and make them pay attention...and stick with the game over the long haul.
    The Return of Geonosis will be heralded for large and small scale maps.
    Four heroes will be announced/released, and two will be Obi-Wan and Grevious.
    Clone Customization (new Legion skins) will be released.
    4-5 Legendary Skins and multiple Emotes will be announced but not revealed.
    The new hybrid Conquest mode will be announced (for the second half of the season) for online play with offline to follow in coming months.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they had another map like Utupau in store as well for the second half.

I wouldn't expect any further Road Map, except for a confirmation of the alternating Season (1-2 months) followed by an odd month Content Drop with some Ported Maps, new skins, emotes, and Hunt Mode Variant.

Maybe some of the details aren't quite right, Utapau especially, but a presentation like this would A) go a long way towards winning back some good faith in the public eye, and B) set to rest fears of "abandoning the game."

Awesome.If that happens we are all good IMO!

• Scoundrel
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Couldn't agree more. It sets us up very nicely moving forward. I'm. Ore than fine with alternating content drops. New Content in a Season spanning 1-2 Months, followed by a Content Drop month of ported maps with skins, heroes, and emotes, etc...
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I really hope DICE go all-out with what they're gonna reveal for BFII at EA Play as it needs a popularity boost

Even just giving us the titles of what the months updates will be called for the rest of the year would be the perfect roàdnap
    Yeah. Although I wouldn't suggest napping in a road, its a good way to become Lord Pancake-Face.
    I'm thinking Solo Part 2 official reveal, probably playable modes on the new map. There'll be an official trailer for it, and how fully at the end a tease of future PT content? If not, just an outright Season 3/upcoming content trailer. If there's nothing at EA Play about future content then honestly I worry for the future of this game tbh.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • I hope that they have a trailer for the new content for season 2. Then it has Grievous breathing at the end, and then it transfers to a clone wars battle. They should allow the people that are going to play the season 2 content, and then maybe some maps from Geonosis, to show us Clone customization, and possible guns, and modes for that season.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Another announcement and another dissapointment, that is what it will be
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    A roadmap is definitely needed if they expect people to stick it out. Purchasing skins is so far out of the question right now IMO... if they want that money stream to start rolling in, they better show something in the way of a long term plan.

Recycling old maps and trickling out content isn’t going to cut it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    2b9zp1.jpg

Truth
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Let's face it. It will be the reveal of Part 2 of Season 2® and that will be it.

This.
  • I really hope DICE go all-out with what they're gonna reveal for BFII at EA Play as it needs a popularity boost

I once took a roadnap got run over lol, but yes I agree this would be nice, once again using Friday the 13th game as an example they gave us a road map, didn't always stick to it but they did and gave excuses or something different if they didn't meet the time frame
  • danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm betting on Extraction being playable, on a new map with new hero skins. And that's it. Although I'm not sure Extraction would be its own thing or something introduced to GA playlist.

Spoilers for Solo:
    I don't expect to have any new heroes released, because I honestly think none of the new characters fit as heroes or villains in a clear way. One would think Qi'ra would be a choice for hero, but she's more in a gray zone really.

Vos is a bad guy, but he's a criminal and focused on his own thing. He's simply not the guy you'd see fighting for the Empire, for example, or any other similar faction in the game. In fact, he's more of a hassle to the Empire, even if he's not a good guy.

Maybe some kind of teaser for future Season 3 content, but nothing major.
  • Scoundrel
    254 posts Member
    I get the frustration of "recycled" content. But the community will be singing a different tune by the beginning of August / end of September. Agree or not. Believe it or not. But the combination of the loot box controversy, the heart transplant that was the progression and UI update, and the requirement to push out a Han Solo Season to coincide with the movie put backs against the wall.

Consider this: if things had gone according to plan from Day One and Geonosis with Kenobi/Grevious had launched in February as planned, followed by Starfighter Arcade and Jabbas Palace in March/April, then Solo in May/June, with Utapau with Jango/Padme on the horizon, would the community have the same problems? Probably not.

The team suffered a setback, but it ain't over yet. The Soprano ain't singing. Keep playing. Hang in there.

• danilojbg wrote: »
    I'm betting on Extraction being playable, on a new map with new hero skins. And that's it. Although I'm not sure Extraction would be its own thing or something introduced to GA playlist.

Spoilers for Solo:
    I don't expect to have any new heroes released, because I honestly think none of the new characters fit as heroes or villains in a clear way. One would think Qi'ra would be a choice for hero, but she's more in a gray zone really.

Vos is a bad guy, but he's a criminal and focused on his own thing. He's simply not the guy you'd see fighting for the Empire, for example, or any other similar faction in the game. In fact, he's more of a hassle to the Empire, even if he's not a good guy.

You are forgetting about Enfys and Beckett. Beckett would do anything for money just like Bossk, and Boba. So it would make sense to put him on the darkside. Enfys is hero material, her staff alone qualifies her for several interesting abilities. We may be getting heroes for this season. I am confident that we will.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Highly doubt they’ll even speak 5 words about new content from the past EA Play. Haha
  • danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    danilojbg wrote: »

Spoilers for Solo:

You are forgetting about Enfys and Beckett. Beckett would do anything for money just like Bossk, and Boba. So it would make sense to put him on the darkside. Enfys is hero material, her staff alone qualifies her for several interesting abilities. We may be getting heroes for this season. I am confident that we will.
    I still think neither of them feel like heroes or villains in the way they are portraited in Solo. Beckett surely would do anything for money, but the movie is too apart from Star Wars classic galactic conflict between good and evil factions. I mean, he would certainly work for the these big evil factions such as the Empire if it was to his own benefit, but we don't actually see it happening as we do for Boba or Bossk (for 3 seconds hahaha).

As for Enfys, it's not until the end of the movie we learn she is actually a good person fighting for noble causes. I mean, she is hero material indeed, but that's kind of a surprise in the movie. Plus the same thing about Beckett: this movie has its own conflict, which is very distinct from other Star Wars films.

Don't get me wrong, they could work. Even Qi'ra and Vos could. Greedo had also been a weak choice for villain in that sense, even though he played out well. I could see us getting Solo heroes. They do have some fit, I just don't feel it's enough to make them good choices for heroes.
  • Let's have hope... all we got at this point. Expectations vs reality has been coming up short lately.
  • Empire_TW
    5984 posts Member
    Let's have hope... all we got at this point. Expectations vs reality has been coming up short lately.

Hope cannot save you.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Rogue_5
    15 posts Member
    I think Ben said we’ll be getting 4 legendary skins and one rare skin. I think the legendary skins we
    will be getting are young Han and young Lando, along with the prequel character at the end of the movie and the Millenium Falcon (piloted by Lando and L3). The rare skin could be Chewie with his look in Solo.
    I doubt we’ll be getting any heroes (you could make the argument about Iden, but I digress). Starfighter assault seems unlikely, as the rebellion didn't fight in the movie. They could make something up, but I don't know what they would do. Even if they do have something in mind, Criterion isn't working on the game anymore, which might slow their progress.
    There's always Extraction on the Kessel Mines (we might see that at EA Play). I think/hope we'll get a trailer.