criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Rey's Dash Strike Orientation BUG

Hello there! With some time on my hands now, I'm making a series of videos on many BUGs I have footage of that are still unsolved up to May's "Hotbreak". I expect to prepare several of these and I'll publish them along the following days.

To start this I have this video on Rey's Dash Strike Orientation BUG. It was hard to get a good footage to show this, but by looking older videos I finally found it. Rey's Dash Strike doesn't go where YOUR CAMERA is facing, but rather where REY'S CHARACTER MODEL IS FACING. So whenever something makes Rey looks somewhere else (instead of where your camera is pointing to), and you use Dash Strike, the camera will rapidly tilt and the Dash Strike will go somewhere unwanted.

This disorients the player completely, and shouldn't happen. It should go where the player's Camera is pointing to, despite wherever Rey's model is facing to.

Please upvote this BUG report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rey-s-Dash-Strike-Orientation-BUG/m-p/6827667#M15399
Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• This is annoying. I've had this happen all too often and found myself hitting a wall rather than the multiple targets I had lined up on multiple occasions as well as when using it to escape.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Very nice. I really hate this issue. If something hits REY, it will make her Dash Strike in the direction she is facing, rather than the direction she is targeting.

I'm sure most people won't see a problem with this, simply because it's REY.
    This is annoying. I've had this happen all too often and found myself hitting a wall rather than the multiple targets I had lined up on multiple occasions as well as when using it to escape.

So let's make our voices be heard, we need to upvote the bug report so it gets the attention it deserves. I'm committed to expose these bugs with video evidence here, on answers.ea and on reddit, but I need help from you guys and gals. If we annoy them enough they'll have to look into these, like they did with the DC-15LE ES, the Broken Emotes or the duplicates not giving credits, all issues that were extensively reported through the months.

They unfortunately own the right to make Star Wars games, let's annoy them so they do their job right!
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • This goes for Palpatine’s electrocute as well
    I don't know what Battlefront II is.
  • I’ve noticed it’s been really unaccurate sometimes lately, But didn’t know what the issue was. I voted “me too”, Hope that helps!
  • lerodemmy
    3488 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Very nice. I really hate this issue. If something hits REY, it will make her Dash Strike in the direction she is facing, rather than the direction she is targeting.

This is annoying. I've had this happen all too often and found myself hitting a wall rather than the multiple targets I had lined up on multiple occasions as well as when using it to escape.

So let's make our voices be heard, we need to upvote the bug report so it gets the attention it deserves. I'm committed to expose these bugs with video evidence here, on answers.ea and on reddit, but I need help from you guys and gals. If we annoy them enough they'll have to look into these, like they did with the DC-15LE ES, the Broken Emotes or the duplicates not giving credits, all issues that were extensively reported through the months.

They unfortunately own the right to make Star Wars games, let's annoy them so they do their job right!

I upvoted it. I appreciate your dedication. Unfortunately, I have no faith in these devs to fix anything. They have a list of priorities, and it seems like bugs that affect gameplay are either toward the bottom of the list or not on it at all.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »

I upvoted it. I appreciate your dedication. Unfortunately, I have no faith in these devs to fix anything. They have a list of priorities, and it seems like bugs that affect gameplay are either toward the bottom of the list or not on it at all.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. But if we keep annoying them with bug reports, upvoting them and commenting on them, eventually this may get out of control like that "Pride and Accomplishment" issue back in November. I'd love to see them struggling like dizzy cockroaches with this like they did with that. If they don't respect Star Wars fans, they'll pay. Time is in our favor, but we must keep doing these things.
    Tired of BUGs?