criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Give Finn Weapon Swap (Light Saber or Blaster)

IG88VSBossk
935 posts Member
edited May 2018
Okay, I'm watching The Force Awakens and thought it would be pretty cool to have Finn choose his weapon in battle, either Luke's lightsaber or standard blaster. More options the bettter :) Do you think certain heros should be able to switch weapons? Possibly in future games?

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Yeah it should be unlocked after completing all of his milestones.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Okay, I'm watching The Force Awakens and thought it would be pretty cool to have Finn choose his weapon in battle, either Luke's lightsaber or standard blaster. More options the bettter :) Do you think certain heros should be able to switch weapons? Possibly in future games?

Switch as in pick the weapon before the start , or switch as in during the match?

I think during the match might make him the best hero in the game at that point. Decent gun with zoom, aim-bot, health buff, recharge buff, wall hack....then give him a saber for close encounters.....ouch.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Okay, I'm watching The Force Awakens and thought it would be pretty cool to have Finn choose his weapon in battle, either Luke's lightsaber or standard blaster. More options the bettter :) Do you think certain heros should be able to switch weapons? Possibly in future games?

Switch as in pick the weapon before the start , or switch as in during the match?

I think during the match might make him the best hero in the game at that point. Decent gun with zoom, aim-bot, health buff, recharge buff, wall hack....then give him a saber for close encounters.....ouch.

He should be able to select it as a weapon, in the same way troopers are able to.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Would be awesome. I am very much in favor of ability swapping star cards for heroes and villians.. hadn't considered weapon swapping star cards for them too.

I would love a lightsaber for Finn and Palaptine.

Also some ability star cards for Finn. Something to stop the slowdown from his healing ability, or give him some new ability.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Batman20
    1454 posts Member
    It would be cool to have a choice but I don't think he should have it for good. Maybe change one of his abilities to enabling a saber for a minute or something. He's hardly a Jedi so shouldn't have one for good and he only had it in the film for a short period
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    It was never his weapon and he isn’t a Jedi. There’s no reason for Finn to have a lightsaber
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT

i'd like to point out that Finn, who started strong when released has gotten the nerf stick a few time is mediocre now at best in HvV, you're true support character in which is otherwise a very fast past and aggressive game

now consider his star cards, which in HvV are very poor choices and now in 2v2 he has no viable star card set up.

his star cards heavily favor GA set ups, deadeye dmg after three 3kills, deadeye extension on kills etc, big deal recharge reduction for 3 affected allies, and increased radius if effecting 2 allies

the problem is none of these do you any favors in 2v2, deadeye kills are so infrequent that the star card to extend time is worthless, and the increased dmg on 3 kills obviously unattainable.....

the big deal star cards also have no use in 2v2 as one must effect 2 allies (not yourself) and the other effect 3

undercover team can be useful in sneaking/flanking but the star cards associated again really give no advantage in a 2v2 situation

which leaves you throwing together any cards that actually apply in 2v2 situations, deadeye lock-on radius which is unnecessary tbh, bigdeal extension on headshots may be the most appropiate i guess, and just in case i happen to kill someone with it i do use the deadeye extension on kill...
    where other heroes/villains have so many star cards its hard to choose which, luke, chewy, rey, vader, bossk, iden all have amazing selections...... Finn has the poorest. Even phasma has 3-5 good choices (the others being crapola)

• I wouldn't use Undercover team when guarding objectives since enemy heroes are less likely to approach if they see that there is a hero and troopers there.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    It was never his weapon and he isn’t a Jedi. There’s no reason for Finn to have a lightsaber

He could use the electric baton.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT

i'd like to point out that Finn, who started strong when released has gotten the nerf stick a few time is mediocre now at best in HvV, you're true support character in which is otherwise a very fast past and aggressive game

now consider his star cards, which in HvV are very poor choices and now in 2v2 he has no viable star card set up.

his star cards heavily favor GA set ups, deadeye dmg after three 3kills, deadeye extension on kills etc, big deal recharge reduction for 3 affected allies, and increased radius if effecting 2 allies

the problem is none of these do you any favors in 2v2, deadeye kills are so infrequent that the star card to extend time is worthless, and the increased dmg on 3 kills obviously unattainable.....

the big deal star cards also have no use in 2v2 as one must effect 2 allies (not yourself) and the other effect 3

undercover team can be useful in sneaking/flanking but the star cards associated again really give no advantage in a 2v2 situation

which leaves you throwing together any cards that actually apply in 2v2 situations, deadeye lock-on radius which is unnecessary tbh, bigdeal extension on headshots may be the most appropiate i guess, and just in case i happen to kill someone with it i do use the deadeye extension on kill...
    where other heroes/villains have so many star cards its hard to choose which, luke, chewy, rey, vader, bossk, iden all have amazing selections...... Finn has the poorest. Even phasma has 3-5 good choices (the others being crapola)

Finn and Boba definitely need a few good buffs.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    Would be great if a new ability for Finn was to pull out the blue light saber (time limited of course and no saber abilities).
  • Pjay wrote: »
    Would be great if a new ability for Finn was to pull out the blue light saber (time limited of course and no saber abilities).

This is probably the best option where you equip it as star card and have that brief period for close encounters, he used it against his enemies, why not in the game :) Bonus points for red robed Palpatine, he could do this as well. I'm just thinking in terms of more options because us as the players like that stuff.
  • Skowsa
    316 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »

That one i would like to see. The laser stick is definitely not the weapon I associate with him. He was trained in CQB as a Stormie and so it fits his character to have the zappy baton thing.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Skowsa wrote: »

That one i would like to see. The laser stick is definitely not the weapon I associate with him. He was trained in CQB as a Stormie and so it fits his character to have the zappy baton thing.

Along with an officer outfit for Finn, he looked really cool when he wore it on Crait during the beginning of the battle.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • There should be ability replacer star cards for every Hero.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif