criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

You know? Palpatine’s bug isn’t that bad

Maybe you came here saying “Oh, this guy is mad” but I have noticed something very interesting and important:
While Palpatine’s chain lightning doesn’t do damage to enemies, it makes you regenerate more health than ever before, and it’s important because you can still use Palpatine and when the bug gets fixed because it will and I’m really looking forward to that, if he keeps that health regeneration and kills people it will be the most OP game breaking thing
What do you think? Have you noticed something similar?
I hope to get some video proof soon (seriously)

Replies

• RogueZeroRendar
    1106 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    There's a secret about this now bugged skill, I'm collecting material to make a video on it. If they keep breaking stuff in the game, we must find ways to benefit ourselves. I'm sure it'll shock many people what I discovered, but let's wait until I get the footage.

Your finding seems great too, i didn't test it yet, but what you say makes sense.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • There's a secret about this now bugged skill, I'm collecting material to make a video on it. If they keep breaking stuff in the game, we must find ways to benefit ourselves. I'm sure it'll shock many people what I discovered, but let's wait until I get the footage.

Your finding seems great too, i didn't test it yet, but what you say makes sense.

Shock? ;)
  • VaperEyes
    639 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    [take away the Zeus lightning bolts and give him back his light-saber.] Palp is the only character running around like a pimped-out vampire shooting stuff out of his fingers / talking to himself about the glory of the Empire.
    I love and respect this ability (because I'm the VaperEyes) - but it just doesn't fit the rest of the script. Every other character in this game has a saber or blaster?
    *At a minimum - give him a staff to shoot the lightning from (like the Trident of Poseidon or something)*. If I recall correctly Senator Palpatine is phenomenal with a saber.
  • There's a secret about this now bugged skill, I'm collecting material to make a video on it. If they keep breaking stuff in the game, we must find ways to benefit ourselves. I'm sure it'll shock many people what I discovered, but let's wait until I get the footage.

Only time will say, and maybe you could include my video (when I record it) into yours
  • Devlin21
    8328 posts Member
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    [take away the Zeus lightning bolts and give him back his light-saber.] Palp is the only character running around like a pimped-out vampire shooting stuff out of his fingers / talking to himself about the glory of the Empire.
    I love and respect this ability (because I'm the VaperEyes) - but it just doesn't fit the rest of the script. Every other character in this game has a saber or blaster?
    *At a minimum - give him a staff to shoot the lightning from (like the Trident of Poseidon or something)*. If I recall correctly Senator Palpatine is phenomenal with a saber.

Meh, he's unique. Plus he never liked using sabers so it wouldn't be fitting for him to main them.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• VaperEyes wrote: »

Meh, he's unique. Plus he never liked using sabers so it wouldn't be fitting for him to main them.
    Completely agree
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    No, this is game breaking in HvV
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    No, this is game breaking in HvV
    But not in GA
  • VaperEyes
    639 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I agree with the uniqueness of Lord Sidious and I believe the Team should introduce Senator Palpatine (with red robe and saber) to keep the game balanced and minimize the complaints about the Greek God running around the screen.
    I totally, completely, absolutely agree with the image of Lord Sidious (but he is a bit off compared to the rest of the characters)
    *Is the lightning coming from Count Dooko or Lord Tyranaus (forgive my spelling)
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    I agree with the uniqueness of Lord Sidious and I believe the Team should introduce Senator Palpatine (with red robe and saber) to keep the game balanced and minimize the complaints about the Greek God running around the screen.
    I totally, completely, absolutely agree with the image of Lord Sidious (but he is a bit off compared to the rest of the characters)

I think adding the red cape could work like a rare skin, but adding the senator Palpatine as a heroe... only with no cross era heroes
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Disagree with the uniqueness argument. The shock hands melee is just absolutely stupid, should definitely be replaced with a functioning saber. Even in his post republic days he was known to keep one in his sleeve. The shooting lightning all day is just boring. I love how they retain his 360 dash spin but with no saber, Ironic.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Disagree with the uniqueness argument. The shock hands melee is just absolutely ****, should definitely be replaced with a functioning saber. Even in his post republic days he was known to keep one in his sleeve. The shooting lightning all day is just boring. I love how they retain his 360 dash spin but with no saber, Ironic.

The shock hands melee is the second strongest melee in the game, only losing to Boba's Flamethrower (or 3rd if you consider chewie with his melee star card). And is especially good in palpatine because he has a really hard time hitting anyone near him with his lightning attack. It deals 90 damage (the same as deafault Chewie).

But then a lightsaber would be nice. I think he should just have a full force lightning with one button of the mouse, and he could quickly get his saber to defend with the right mouse button. The advantages of the single lightning are mediocre, there's no need to have 2 versions of his basic attack.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Disagree with the uniqueness argument. The shock hands melee is just absolutely ****, should definitely be replaced with a functioning saber. Even in his post republic days he was known to keep one in his sleeve. The shooting lightning all day is just boring. I love how they retain his 360 dash spin but with no saber, Ironic.

The shock hands melee is the second strongest melee in the game, only losing to Boba's Flamethrower (or 3rd if you consider chewie with his melee star card). And is especially good in palpatine because he has a really hard time hitting anyone near him with his lightning attack. It deals 90 damage (the same as deafault Chewie).

But then a lightsaber would be nice. I think he should just have a full force lightning with one button of the mouse, and he could quickly get his saber to defend with the right mouse button. The advantages of the single lightning are mediocre, there's no need to have 2 versions of his basic attack.

It has pitiful dps and fires of too slow. It's never ideal to use it in almost any situation other than literal life and death. Its always better to dash away and re-engage. I like your idea though of removing the one handed lightning, its kinda pointless, and only utter noobs or scrubs are caught doing it.

This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif