criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ep IX title...

Prev1
univurshul
1667 posts Member
edited May 2018
..a little fun 'name-game' speculation while we wait for this new content to drop..

I have two theories on the ep. IX title. The first is an inexact antithesis of The Phantom Menace..

STAR WARS: THE DAWN OF THE LIGHT

The trick to ensuring it's a good title is you need to be able to say it while ordering tickets at the counter .."Hi, two tickets for 'Dawn of the Light.."

Now..I agree, this is very on-the-nose but so was The Last Jedi, but there's a nice polar opposite to the two titles, and I do have this feeling that Disney & Lucas want to arrive at a draw with the dark & the light, meaning there might* be a truce and a nullifying of both sith & jedi religions in a way... Some might find this even more of a disappointment in the ST, but if JJ can craft it in an innovative way, then I think the saga will close in a fitting way for fans, and bring us full circle from the original classic in a way...

That brings me to my second guess, which pertains to the idea of balance: STAR WARS: THE FIRST "__x__" -this is a continuation idea, like the idea of a new type off Jedi, but not called a Jedi, something NEW. It'll allow LucasFilm to keep the door open for saga continuation, and if I was to bet money on this particular title, they'll give George Lucas the honors to punch it in...

giphy.gif

so...what's your title for ep IX?
Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

Replies

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    LunarCoil wrote: »
    The Last Hope

def some bold & simple tang in that particular flavor my friend...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Episode IX: Milking the Galactic Cash Cow
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Dik_Gozinya
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Serious Response: Star Wars: Resurrection of the Republic

Cynical response: Star Wars: revenge of the fett man.

Starts like any other Star Wars movie, Deadpool appears dressed in boba armor. Shoots everyone, looks at the camera and says the force is balanced b*****. Walks away...
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Star Wars Episode IX
    Balance of the Force
  • Empire_TW
    4465 posts Member
    Star Wars Episode IX

Heir to the Empire
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DarthJ
    5807 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Wasn't the rumour it would be something about that spark quote?

41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Idk about title, but I really hope Shriv, Zay and Lando are in it.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    Star Wars: Episode IX - Return of the Jedi 2
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Fall of the OT
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Episode 9: Floating through Space while Unconscious
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Star Wars IX: First Order Strikes Last Time
  • Episode IX- The Heir to the Empire
    Episode IX-Dark Force Rising
    Episode IX- The Last command
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio
  • IronSoldier
    3094 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Episode IX: The final main story film until 2022 when we announce Episode X.
  • Star Wars Episode IX: Return of the Jedi Order
  • il96
    332 posts Member
    Episode 9 The Rise of Entitled Feminists
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Empire_TW
    4465 posts Member
    Episode 9: Floating through Space while Unconscious

Episode 9: Mary Poppins.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • STAR WARS: Spark of Rebellion
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Star Wars - Episode IX: Spark Of The Resistance
    Fire Of The Rebellion
  • A slight variation of the original... Star Wars IX: The New Hope.
    PC: xxRustyRelicxx | PS4: dbarelic | Xbox: RustyPapaRelic
  • Star Wars IX : The death of star wars
  • Zach
    540 posts Member
    LunarCoil wrote: »
    The Last Hope

Well wouldn’t that be a bold move to close the saga
  • Star Wars - Episode IX: A New Beginning.
  • mastery0ta
    5426 posts Member
    Episode 9 : you ARE the father
  • Skowsa
    316 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Episode 9 : you ARE the father

Episode 9: Who's Your Daddy?
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • IX: Snoke's Revenge
    IX: Fall of the First Order
    IX: Order of the Knights of Ren
    IX: Return of the Sith
    IX: The Final Chapter
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Episode IX: The Legacy Of Skywalker(?)
  • IX: Revenge Attack of the Hopeless Jedi Clones
    IX: Weekend at Snoke's
    IX: Return of the OT B-team
    IX: Forceghostbusters
  • saltydog
    721 posts Member
    Episode IX:
    Estrogen Empire:After Menopause.
    KK continues to emasculate the franchise.
    bxt1ipa8km93.jpeg
  • AzorAhai
    1075 posts Member
    Lord_Oz wrote: »
    Star Wars Episode IX
    Balance of the Force

• EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've moved this to Off-Topic as it's not directly related to the game.
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    I've moved this to Off-Topic as it's not directly related to the game.

If I am allowed to ask, what do you think the title of the movie will be?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • "The Legacy Of Skywalker" would be a fitting title to end the Skywalker Saga.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    Shadow of the Knights
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

That was The Last Jedi, in that it was Return of the Jedi in reverse. Bank on Ep 9 rhyming with Empire with the heroes succeeding instead of failing.
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• TheStalker88
    6072 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    SW IX: Menace of the Force Ghost
    Post edited by TheStalker88 on
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

That was The Last Jedi, in that it was Return of the Jedi in reverse. Bank on Ep 9 rhyming with Empire with the heroes succeeding instead of failing.

The Resistance Fights Back.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    I'm seeing The Knights of Ren playing a huge part in episode IX,avenging Snokes death in a big way with Hux somehow assisting in a devious way to overturn Kylo Ren.Rey seeing the good in Kylo & even though being guided by Master Skywalkers force ghost she goes to his aid to save him from the cumulative power of the Knights.

• RIFRIG wrote: »
    I'm seeing The Knights of Ren playing a huge part in episode IX,avenging Snokes death in a big way with Hux somehow assisting in a devious way to overturn Kylo Ren.Rey seeing the good in Kylo & even though being guided by Master Skywalkers force ghost she goes to his aid to save him from the cumulative power of the Knights.

That sounds like a good plot. But I am hoping that Kylo and the Knights of Ren going forces to defeat Rey, and it ends in an epic duel between her and Kylo.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6072 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    According to rumors Kylo and First Order will bring peace, Rey and Finn will have a baby and then Kylo will throw a fit in rage and jealousy because he and Rey flirt together and try to destroy Rey and new her Jedi school. Rey and Finn will go underwater to a remote planet like Kamino and find factories of people in capsules used as an energy source. First Order and Kylo will then be defeated once and for all as their plans get destroyed and uncovered.
  • Whodunnit
    5526 posts Member
    Star Wars: Mission Impossible
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Star Wars: Return of Planet Death Star
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    RIFRIG wrote: »

If only you were the screenwriter
    Psn: Jello770
  • Vespervin
    686 posts Member
    STAR WARS: Episode IX - Nail in the Coffin.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Episode IX: The Last Jedi Returns

Episode X: The Revenge of the Last Jedi
    Psn: Jello770
  • Lol, I could see it happening. Luke becomes a force ghost and then gets seduced by the dark side as it's easier to master.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    RIFRIG wrote: »

Why would the Knights of Ren avenge Snoke? It's been pretty much insinuated that the Knights of Ren are the students Kylo took with him from Luke's training temple. They carry his name, not Snoke's.