criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ep IX title...

2Next

Replies

• I really love how in-depth we got to see the Knights of Ren in TLJ and how Kylo became their master and Snoke completed his training.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    I really love how in-depth we got to see the Knights of Ren in TLJ and how Kylo became their master and Snoke completed his training.

Make another post about it...maybe it'll change how the movie went?
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Lord_Oz wrote: »
    RIFRIG wrote: »
    I'm seeing The Knights of Ren playing a huge part in episode IX,avenging Snokes death in a big way with Hux somehow assisting in a devious way to overturn Kylo Ren.Rey seeing the good in Kylo & even though being guided by Master Skywalkers force ghost she goes to his aid to save him from the cumulative power of the Knights.

Why would the Knights of Ren avenge Snoke? It's been pretty much insinuated that the Knights of Ren are the students Kylo took with him from Luke's training temple. They carry his name, not Snoke's.

The Knights of Ren including Kylo were all under Snokes command,what we don't know are how many individuals there were.
    They are all going to be skilled in Jedi & Dark side use so very powerful as individuals.
    As you correctly say it's hinted that they come from the Jedi academy but they left there as light side users & Snoke has helped them on their path to the Dark side.........They will be wanting to avenge his death.
    The other Knights will have 'Ren' after their names,Kylo doesn't have that because he is a leader.

Post edited by RIFRIG on
  • CarapaceonMenace
    1912 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I really love how in-depth we got to see the Knights of Ren in TLJ and how Kylo became their master and Snoke completed his training.

No. Like Lady MacBeth, its simply a stain that cannot be removed. Basically TLJ is a skidmark on the whitest pair of whiteeeeetighties.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    Ep IX Revenge of the Mary Sues
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Lord_Oz wrote: »

I read an article about them. Ryan said that he just could not find a place for them in the movie. He thought that it would not have made sense and it would not have done them justice, if he made them into the Praetorian guards. So I think that they are intended for IX.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm seeing The Knights of Ren playing a huge part in episode IX,avenging Snokes death in a big way with Hux somehow assisting in a devious way to overturn Kylo Ren.Rey seeing the good in Kylo & even though being guided by Master Skywalkers force ghost she goes to his aid to save him from the cumulative power of the Knights.

Why would the Knights of Ren avenge Snoke? It's been pretty much insinuated that the Knights of Ren are the students Kylo took with him from Luke's training temple. They carry his name, not Snoke's.

The Knights of Ren including Kylo were all under Snokes command,what we don't know are how many individuals there were.
    They are all going to be skilled in Jedi & Dark side use so very powerful as individuals.
    As you correctly say it's hinted that they come from the Jedi academy but they left there as light side users & Snoke has helped them on their path to the Dark side.........They will be wanting to avenge his death.
    The other Knights will have 'Ren' after their names,Kylo doesn't have that because he is a leader.

How do you know this? It's not in any of the canon material. The Knights of Ren haven't been discussed in any book. You're making claims not backed by evidence available to us. There's no confirmation that the "Acolytes" in the Aftermath series are the Knights of Ren. And why would dark side users want vengeance for Snoke, especially against Kylo (one of their own)? That makes no sense. The way of the darkside has always been to usurp the master, them "wanting vengeance for Snoke's death" only makes sense if it was a lightsider that killed him, it wasn't.
  • Lord_Oz wrote: »

How do you know this? It's not in any of the canon material. The Knights of Ren haven't been discussed in any book. You're making claims not backed by evidence available to us. There's no confirmation that the "Acolytes" in the Aftermath series are the Knights of Ren. And why would dark side users want vengeance for Snoke, especially against Kylo (one of their own)? That makes no sense. The way of the darkside has always been to usurp the master, them "wanting vengeance for Snoke's death" only makes sense if it was a lightsider that killed him, it wasn't.

I agree. But it might just be the way of the Sith, not the the dark side. The Sith are the only Dark Siders we have seen in canon, and the Last Jedi Visual Dictionary states that Snoke is no Sith. "Snoke is powerful in the Dark Side of the Force, but he is no Sith"
    Taken from The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3234 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Where is this said in the books and movies?
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member

I have read from more than one source that the Knights of Ren are under Snokes command.Kylo is the Master of the Knights but for him to kill the Supreme Leader would effectively be a light sided act & a legit reason for him to become an enemy to the rest of the clan.
  • Snoke could've been a projection like Luke now. New rules can allow alot of new tricks
  • DarthJ
    5839 posts Member
    I remembered the rumoured title - it was said to be 'A spark of hope'

That sounds rubbish but that was what was rumoured a couple of weeks ago. Cant remember where I saw it.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

That sounds rubbish but that was what was rumoured a couple of weeks ago. Cant remember where I saw it.
    Tired of hearing the word “spark.”
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif

A spark of hope? The last star wars movie called a spark of hope? I just hope this leak isn't true.

A spark of hope? The last star wars movie called a spark of hope? I just hope this leak isn't true.
    “A Spark of Hope” sounds like what you’d name the beginning or middle of a trilogy.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif

“A Spark of Hope” sounds like what you’d name the beginning or middle of a trilogy.

Yeah! I would hope the Resistance would have a little more than "a spark of hope" by the final movie!
  • Although watching The Last Jedi did help me realize something. The Resistance is very understaffed. The Rebellion had way more soldiers than the Resistance. I mean seriously, they could all fit on the Millennium Falcon at the end? If they don't find more fighters, it should be called, "An Atom of Hope".
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member

kinda like this thinking for the Ren faction...Only the Praetorian Guards avenged Snoke, and there were eight according to wookiepedia. And none remain now..?

I wish TLJ introduced a new hero to combat what's coming. I guess they did with tiny tim broomstick boy, we'll see how far into the future IX takes us...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• univurshul wrote: »

kinda like this thinking for the Ren faction...Only the Praetorian Guards avenged Snoke, and there were eight according to wookiepedia. And none remain now..?

I wish TLJ introduced a new hero to combat what's coming. I guess they did with tiny tim broomstick boy, we'll see how far into the future IX takes us...

Probably another week. Rey will be a full fledged jedi master with enough trained knights to take on Kylo and the Knights of Ren.
  • What if it was called "War of the Force" Rey and the Resistance vs. the First Order, Kylo, and his knights. That would be awesome.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    edited June 2018

I have read from more than one source that the Knights of Ren are under Snokes command.Kylo is the Master of the Knights but for him to kill the Supreme Leader would effectively be a light sided act & a legit reason for him to become an enemy to the rest of the clan.
    [/quote]

Everyone in the First Order is under Snoke's command, so, yeah that doesn't really mean they have any feeling of loyalty to him. In fact, in canon, Hux isn't even loyal to him and has wanted to find a way to take over for years. Killing Snoke wasn't a "lightsided" act at all. Makes no sense.
  • DarthJ
    5839 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Yeah either do I, I was saddened when I saw the rumour
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member

Everyone in the First Order is under Snoke's command, so, yeah that doesn't really mean they have any feeling of loyalty to him. In fact, in canon, Hux isn't even loyal to him and has wanted to find a way to take over for years. Killing Snoke wasn't a "lightsided" act at all. Makes no sense. [/quote]

What is your opinion on Vader dispatching Palpatine to save Luke?

It's not an act of a true Dark side use.

What's different when Rey is it at the mercy of Snoke?

If Kylo Ren was following the Dark side he would have taken down Rey not Snoke.
  • DarthJ
    5839 posts Member

Everyone in the First Order is under Snoke's command, so, yeah that doesn't really mean they have any feeling of loyalty to him. In fact, in canon, Hux isn't even loyal to him and has wanted to find a way to take over for years. Killing Snoke wasn't a "lightsided" act at all. Makes no sense.

If Kylo Ren was following the Dark side he would have taken down Rey not Snoke.[/quote]

For me its this:

Vader does it to save his son, out of love for his son. Thereby redeeming himself. His is a light side act through saving his son, even if it is a dark side trait to kill their master.

Kylo does it to save Rey in a sense, but more out of wanting her to join him and take over, therefore more out of greed and power than actual wanting to save Rey for redeeming purposes. His is a dark side act as he does it to ovrrthrow his master to take his place.

If Kylo Ren was following the Dark side he would have taken down Rey not Snoke.

For me its this:

Vader does it to save his son, out of love for his son. Thereby redeeming himself. His is a light side act through saving his son, even if it is a dark side trait to kill their master.

Kylo does it to save Rey in a sense, but more out of wanting her to join him and take over, therefore more out of greed and power than actual wanting to save Rey for redeeming purposes. His is a dark side act as he does it to ovrrthrow his master to take his place.[/quote]

Agree. If Kylo wanted to save Rey, he wouldn't have tried to kill her on Starkiller Base. He needed the chance to kill Snoke because otherwise Snoke was too powerful.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    univurshul wrote: »

Probably another week. Rey will be a full fledged jedi master with enough trained knights to take on Kylo and the Knights of Ren.

+1 ...which, IMO created a hot mess for the story group & the film creatives. Letting films breathe and stuff to happen for years in between made the OT really slick. Allows for other canon materials to be fleshed out, I mean, c'mon... back to back to back in 3 weeks is not true living. ...But I'll still preorder my tickets haha
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• MASSEFFECTfanX
    339 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Okay, I've made a few serious titles. Now, here's a funny one:

"STAR WARS - EPISODE IX: REY'S GONE TO PLAID"
  • JAREDUP
    1398 posts Member
    Legit:

Episode IX - The Last Resort

Comedy:

Episode IX - Revenge of the Marry Sue

Episode IX - Return of the Marry Sue

Episode IX - The Last Marry Sue

For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Star Wars - Episode IX: A Spark Of Light
  • Dawn of Balance
  • Star Wars: The Force is Grey
  • StayOnTarget
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Star Wars Episode IX: The Last Crusade…

No wait

Star Wars Episode IX: The Empire First Order Strikes Back, Again!

Uh

Star Wars Episode IX: The Force Slumbers

Episode IX: Dawn of Justice?

To be honest, I can't legitimately come up with anything I think sounds good. Everything feels derivative of something else, or a rehash of a theme already glimpsed in the two other trilogies (as far as titles go). Although, I do very much like the idea of tying things together, as mentioned in the first post, with a title that includes "The First Something", (whatever that may be).

I am genuinely excited to see what the next episode will be titled, because, with any luck, it will be a triumph of titles! Edit: the present participle of the verb "title" is flagged as explicit, it would appear.
    Post edited by StayOnTarget on
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • Star Wars Episode IX: The Last Crusade…

No wait

Star Wars Episode IX: The Empire First Order Strikes Back, Again!

Uh

Star Wars Episode IX: The Force Slumbers

Episode IX: Dawn of Justice?

To be honest, I can't legitimately come up with anything I think sounds good. Everything feels derivative of something else, or a rehash of a theme already glimpsed in the two other trilogies (as far as titles go). Although, I do very much like the idea of tying things together, as mentioned in the first post, with a title that includes "The First i]Something[/i", (whatever that may be).

I am genuinely excited to see what the next episode will be titled, because, with any luck, it will be a triumph of ****!

I think War of the Force sounds good.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • MASSEFFECTfanX
    339 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well, if you've noticed, each title in the Trilogies has a unique name. In one trilogy alone, none of the same "main" words are used more than once . You mostly see words like "of" & "the" used multiple times.

Prequel Trilogy:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge Of The Sith

Original Trilogy:
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi

Sequel Trilogy (So Far):
    The Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi

Notice how almost every title in each separate Trilogy has only 2 words in common: The & Of. No other words are repeated. There are no two titles with "Revenge" in the PT. "Return" isn't used more then once in the OT. In other words, let's assume that Episode IX's title won't have words like "Last," "Jedi," "Force," or "Awakens." This will either help us speculate a title, or make it harder.
  • StayOnTarget
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well, if you've noticed, each title in the Trilogies has a unique name. In one trilogy alone, none of the same "main" words are used more than once . You mostly see words like "of" & "the" used multiple times.

Prequel Trilogy:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge Of The Sith

Original Trilogy:
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi

Sequel Trilogy (So Far):
    The Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi

Notice how almost every title in each separate Trilogy has only 2 words in common: The & Of. No other words are repeated. There are no two titles with "Revenge" in the PT. "Return" isn't used more then once in the OT. In other words, let's assume that Episode IX's title won't have words like "Last," "Jedi," "Force," or "Awakens." This will either help us speculate a title, or make it harder.

That's a great observation. Certainly has a double effect in terms of anticipating a title.

I also read here (not sure if this has been mentioned) how the titles, thus far, seem to make a sentence: "The Force awakens the last Jedi..." etc. (Likely old news, but the first I'm hearing of it.)

However, it doesn't appear to me (at the presently late hour where I am) that this could go anywhere useful without using from or to, or something to that effect. It does, perhaps, generate some clues about a larger thematic link between the three in terms of titles (though, that is likely a redundant statement, but worth noting, all the same). Where to go from here?
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • Well, if you've noticed, each title in the Trilogies has a unique name. In one trilogy alone, none of the same "main" words are used more than once . You mostly see words like "of" & "the" used multiple times.

Prequel Trilogy:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge Of The Sith

Original Trilogy:
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi

Sequel Trilogy (So Far):
    The Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi

Yes, and at their core the saga titles are meant to harken back to those old pulpy serials. which are often along the lines of:
    Return of
    Revenge of
    Wrath of
    Rise of
    Secret of
    Attack of
    Dawn of
    Fall of
    War of
    etc...

So it might be something like "Secret of The Balance", "Wrath of The Dark Side", "Fall of The Dark Side", or "Rise of The Light"...
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• TheStalker88
    6072 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Rise of the Jiths.

Attack of the Poltergeists, A Snoke's Story

Secret of Darth Plageus

Dawn of Sith Jar Jar

• univurshul
    1667 posts Member

Prequel Trilogy:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge Of The Sith

Original Trilogy:
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi

Sequel Trilogy (So Far):
    The Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi

Yes, and at their core the saga titles are meant to harken back to those old pulpy serials. which are often along the lines of:
    Return of
    Revenge of
    Wrath of
    Rise of
    Secret of
    Attack of
    Dawn of
    Fall of
    War of
    etc...

So it might be something like "Secret of The Balance", "Wrath of The Dark Side", "Fall of The Dark Side", or "Rise of The Light"...

good research there.. yea my op I can't use The twice in the title, so I'm making a slight modification to STAR WARS: DAWN OF THE LIGHT

It either ends the saga with continuation ...or the light side must win. The theme parks & the franchise rely on this for families & kids to buy into good-overcoming-evil. I personally don't mind Rey putting a full top to the dark side as well; that would be an expected outcome considering Rey is crazy powerful in these films...or Rey at least forming a new type of Jedi to combat the darkness that retreats. Either way, Throne Room 2.0 is coming and we all know it...

giphy.gif

• Star Wars Episode IX-Mary Sue Mockingjay Strikes Back
    Someone will have to make an amazing movie to save this dumpster fire.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4