criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

EA Play to Give Crate

Prev1
F8RGE
308 posts EA Community Manager
edited May 31
Here at EA we believe that play and inclusion are ideas that go hand-in-hand. As part of the Play to Give campaign we are coming together with our global gaming Community to celebrate the positive connections we make by playing games and contributing to organizations that share our commitment to building a more inclusive world.

As part of Play to Give, everyone that logs into the game between Friday June 1 and Sunday June 3 will receive an in-game crate that contains:
  • Victory Pose for Finn
  • 500 Credits

You can find out more on Play to Give, and the organisations we’re supporting here.

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I swear to God it better be a victory pose that I don’t already have
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Also you spelled “organizations” wrong ;)
    Psn: Jello770
  • K4152
    39 posts Member
    Nice hopefully we also get a chance to get more hero emotes in the future. thanks EA
  • Nice. But have finn victory poses. Oh i guess more credits.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • We won't lose progress if we log on tomorrow, will we?
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Well, at least with all their servers down, nobody will be able to play anything at EA Play. Should be an interesting time.
  • Sounds pretty cool. Im irritated that I apparently didnt get a level up point for Luke, Bossk, and my Heavy. :(
    0gypubfypdjr.jpg

The_Cloaked_One
  • Devlin21
    8082 posts Member
    shade1968 wrote: »
    Well, at least with all their servers down, nobody will be able to play anything at EA Play. Should be an interesting time.

The servers are back.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Oh really nice something
  • lol hahah why we always get 500 lol ahah
  • Jello770 wrote: »

Only an American would think that! Many English-speaking countries spell it with an "s". In Canada, either one is considered correct.

I hope the Finn victory pose is the one I am still missing. If the very first time they give us a hero-related award in the crates since the progression update, they give me one I already have, I will absolutely puke in fury. It would be nice if we could pick our awards, so that we don't just keep getting duplicates. So far, since the progression update, every non-credit reward they have offered me is a duplicate of something I already have. And there is no way to get the things I don't have already.
  • machine_n7
    1 posts Member
    edited June 1
    Is that why my battlefront level on anything got reduced? Seriously? For few crates with finn's emotes and 500 credits?
    I feel myself so godda-- deceived :'(
  • Toddyrocket
    2011 posts Member
    Cheers :)
  • Rook008
    669 posts Member
    I swear, if F8rge posted that they were going to give everyone 10,000 free crafting parts and $60 in cash, there would still be complaints about totally unrelated stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the free stuff.
    Also:
    We’re inviting players to celebrate Play and Inclusion within our game communities by completing Play to Give in-game challenges that yield special rewards. These challenges run from Friday, June 2 through Sunday, June 4: Full challenge details can be found on the Play to Give website or in-game – list of participating games include:

FIFA 17
    Battlefield 1™
    Mass Effect™: Andromeda
    Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
    Madden NFL 17
    Madden NFL Mobile
    NBA LIVE Mobile
    NHL® 17:
    Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2

No in-game challenges for SWBF2? I don't play any of the listed games.
    She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • Huscarl
    63 posts Member
    Can someone explain what play to give is?
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • Super cool/nice!
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    get level on yoda; but get no point.

anyone else? maybe happened a few times others characters, not keeping track.....

finn and 500 is pretty much nothing

• VaperEyes
    505 posts Member
    Strange - is the only word I can think of - but thank you.
    Will this be a weekly promotional or one time event?
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    Well I'm not gonna play until they fix the progression loss everyone has experienced. I can handle all the other bugs but losing levels on my hero/villain characters is unacceptable. So until that is fixed I'm not playing.
  • What a nifty ol' emote. Thanks EA. By the way everyone is back into Star Wars because of the new movie. Don't give up on this wonderful game.
  • Thanks for the crates but can we get some heros or villains added? What about maps? But thanks.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Here at EA we believe that play and inclusion are ideas that go hand-in-hand. As part of the Play to Give campaign we are coming together with our global gaming Community to celebrate the positive connections we make by playing games and contributing to organizations that share our commitment to building a more inclusive world.

As part of Play to Give, everyone that logs into the game between Friday June 1 and Sunday June 3 will receive an in-game crate that contains:
    • Victory Pose for Finn
    • 500 Credits

You can find out more on Play to Give, and the organisations we’re supporting here.

• Lovely
  • noitka
    2 posts Member
    Nice to have! But i prefer a game without bugs. Lost my levels and there is still the missing sound in the game.
  • it seems that when I opened the Play to Give crate, the player progression system is now broken (I can achieve points to level up a character or ship, and the experience points are awarded, but level upgrade happens, and no Skill Points to upgrade Star Cards.

a new bug?

perhaps I should not have opened that crate...
  • nice thought, but I too would rather have a game without bugs

please fix EA
  • Kattz
    27 posts Member
    Thank You, for the Positive impact you will be making on this action.
    Best to all, Gamers and Thank You Again.
    AK <3
    (AK) =^.^=
  • Tigzee
    106 posts Member
    This Play to Give Crate is of absolutely no interest whatsoever while the Rank Regression Scandal is still in situ. How will they actually get away with this at EA PLAY? It IS a real scandal and should be queried heavily at this week's EA PLAY while Disney, Lucasfilm, DICE etc executives are present to witness the furor of very unhappy customers. Really...How can EA expect to meekly show its face while their SWBF2 players worldwide are unable to play the game out of fear of losing all hard earned progression made in a major company product? What should be priority here from EA right NOW is an announcement that the loss of our Class and Hero Rankings has now been fully restored. The losses for me run into the tens of thousands of credits! A 500 credit crate - are they that complacent? I literally cannot play anymore wondering what next will disappear... and any progression made will overwrite the high levels I used to have. ANNOUNCE THE FIX PLEASE.
  • Jello770 wrote: »

British english
  • WagglyBubbles
    7 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Thank you so much for working so hard on this amazing game!! Don't listen to all the haters. We will be here enjoying this beautiful experience waiting for the Clone Wars season!! I"ll see you on the Battlefront!!!
    #ObiWan
    Post edited by WagglyBubbles on
  • I'm fine with this because Finn is one of the few heroes I'm not terrible with.
  • You must really hate us , EA sports ! We want new starfighter missions , not ewoks or arcade modes! We had encountered loss of skill points , failure to record credits earned and very stupid changes to the progression system ! Now , everyone fights for time in a hero starfighter , instead of playing objectives, making hero starfighters very difficult to get to! We want the old system back !
  • 288/5000
    It would be necessary to make games where the players with more level can not enter and that the teams are more leveled, as well as in the games of heroes, to exchange the players after a scenario.

Some of my heroes have lost levels since the last update of the game.
  • Bring back Jetpack Cargo before this game is dead.They nerfed this game for people who don't play it anymore and they continue to trash talk this game for the lack of content.Dice dev's you changed your game again for nothing,SMH.
  • austinnz
    53 posts Member
    it seems that when I opened the Play to Give crate, the player progression system is now broken (I can achieve points to level up a character or ship, and the experience points are awarded, but level upgrade happens, and no Skill Points to upgrade Star Cards.

a new bug?

perhaps I should not have opened that crate...

Same here, no skill points to upgrade star cards
  • LeftTurnus
    1095 posts Member
    Another new bug yay.
    At least they are consistent LoL

For once, I actually did not already have the reward so that was cool.
    Haven't played SA in three days as I am still waiting to hear about the progression fix. I do not want to risk anything on my hero ships.
    Last time they had the issue with the interceptor, I got screwed twice...1st by the bug, then by the fix...
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    Bring back Jetpack Cargo before this game is dead.They nerfed this game for people who don't play it anymore and they continue to trash talk this game for the lack of content.Dice dev's you changed your game again for nothing,SMH.

Jet pack cargo?

We need original cargo. Jet pack cargo is only good for temporary fun.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Boostr
    73 posts Member
    Uhm, ok
    Vader is my dad...
  • Jbstiner
    2622 posts Member
    edited June 3
    F8RGE wrote: »

• Victory Pose for Finn
    • 500 Credits

Thanks @F8RGE !

If I could suggest another worthwhile organization you may want to consider for future partnerships, https://www.ablegamers.org works with people with disabilities so that they can enjoy video games along with their typical peers. They recently partnered with Microsoft to develop the new Xbox accessibility controller.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Huscarl
    63 posts Member
    @Boostr

That is an amazing profile pic
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • I would love to see Heroes and Villians Starfighter Assault. Great way to level up those Hero ships and milestones
  • Adcro
    4 posts Member
    Unbalanced rewards due to the exaggerated price for the skins, specially 80k for a skin...
  • Fuzzbap
    68 posts Member
    Cool! Though we do need that pesky bug that literally shuts down Xboxes when claiming crates to be fixed...
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Bring back Jetpack Cargo before this game is dead.They nerfed this game for people who don't play it anymore and they continue to trash talk this game for the lack of content.Dice dev's you changed your game again for nothing,SMH.

Jet pack cargo?

We need original cargo. Jet pack cargo is only good for temporary fun.

I agree, but it WAS fun. :D
    0gypubfypdjr.jpg

The_Cloaked_One
  • Jazza_21SD
    79 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Hi @F8RGE,

As part of the play to give I was a player affected by the data loss. You did mention that data has been restored and that it should be back as normal, but this is not the case for me. I lost 2 levels on my Enforcer (23 -> 21), 1 on each of the Officer and Assault (70 -> 69), and 3 levels on Bossk (40 -> 37). I also lost progress on various milestones (namely the Experienced/Novice/Veteran score achievements, as well as hits with Phasma's Staff Strikes (was 11/30 now 3/30), and kills with Iden's Pulse Cannon (was 6/50 now 3/50)) and my overall rank dropped from 50 to 1. My gamertag is Jazza_21SD, I'm from Australia playing on the PS4. Is there any way for this to be restored as I had it roughly 5 days ago?

Cheers,
    Jazza.
    Post edited by Jazza_21SD on
  • Jazza, Like from Housos?
This discussion has been closed.