criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - The Han Solo Season - June

Replies

• SirWafflestomper
    11 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Oh, look, solo skins that I'm never going to buy with credits or crystals, ever

Reference removed - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Yo Dogg I noticed that Han and Lando are getting new skins but where tf is darth mauls skin with his different lightsaber and robotic legs huh ea why you letting people down
  • TW1103
    582 posts Member
    I love that they actually changed the faces for the Solo skins, not just costumes!
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2500 posts Member
    edited June 6
    The biggest downer for me, in this news, is that it is really just stuff to tide us over for Clone Wars. It doesn't even feel like a season. It could have been something epic, with heroes, skins, and maps. It feels like a small update. I love this game. but this drains me.
    Thanks for what we have and are about to get. But please try to make a decent season besides Clone Wars. Not saying that I don't want Clone Wars. I want it the same as every else. But this game needs more decent content afterward. Maybe a cosmetic season after Clone Wars, and Rogue One.
    I know that the Clone Wars will be awesome. But please don't create another season like this Solo season, unless it is substantial; because this is almost smaller than the Night on Endor update.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • The biggest downer for me, in this news, is that it is really just stuff to tide us over for Clone Wars. It doesn't even feel like a season. It could have been something epic, with heroes, skins, and maps. It feels like a small update. I love this game. but this drains me.
    Thanks for what we have and are about to get. But please try to make a decent season besides Clone Wars. Not saying that I don't want Clone Wars. I want it the same as every else. But this game needs more decent content afterward. Maybe a cosmetic season after Clone Wars, and Rogue One.
    I know that the Clone Wars will be awesome. But please don't create another season like this Solo season, unless it is substantial; because this is almost smaller than the Night on Endor update.

Sorry. I was just expecting something different, and when I saw this I was kind of disappointed. I will work on these tantrums, I promise. Solo was a good season, but it just needs more content: heroes, skins, and maps. If y'all have more of these seasons, please bring in more content. Thanks, Devs. I know y'all listen, even if I can't tell sometimes.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • So, we can have three of the exact same ship but no Anakin because "technically he is in the game"

Even though he isn't actually in the game, and the falcon was already actually in the game twice.

Can't wait for season three when we get another couple of falcons...
  • GeorgeF9199
    6 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Zo stll no new Galactica Assault map...
    Such a shame guys. I keep waiting on new content, but all I hear is more stuff we didn't ask for.

Cursing removed - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Halpen4
    380 posts Member
    Just a little disappointed, no mention of that Hero Starship Assault mode that was mentioned in that leak. That was the one thing I was looking forward to. It would be most beneficial in helping to speed up leveling up the hero ships. But not in the showdown format, it would have to be 4 versus 4.
  • Victor94
    292 posts Member
    So when are you going to add a new map for the mode that probably most people play (GA)?

Counting with Kessel, the last three maps you've added were only for small modes , Battlefront has always been about big scale modes, please don't forget about that.
  • and the emotes of the heroes and villains, many of us wish to have them but they are only available in boxes :'(
  • this sucks
  • BradCafe
    107 posts Member
    Am a bit disappointed in no new GA map as I assumed that was a given with the announcement of a new world. That's more my own fault for making assumptions though I guess and I do realise the amount of work that goes into making those larger maps. Really hope we get one in the next update though. I have faith.

As a whole though, I'm really excited by all this news. The new skins look AMAZING and I'll definitely be buying them. Bit surprised that they didn't do a version of the Chewie skin without the goggles though as that would also be a look from Solo I'm sure people would buy. The Kessel map looks cool and am curious to hear if any new music was added. HvV is the mode I play the most so it's great to get a new map to play in. Still hoping they make a few mini maps based on campaign levels.

Not too interested in the Falcon as I only last about 3 seconds as hero ships so I never bother choosing them. Overall am pretty happy with this season.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • McMast13 wrote: »
    McMast13 wrote: »
    This looks Great! Any news on the large scale game mode coming to Arcade?
    Did he ever mention a large scale arcade game will come?

Dennis did a while back but it seems to have been forgotten

I don't think it was forgotten, I think it will be in season 3. They may be saving the announcement for EA Play in order to reach a larger offline audience.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
    • Why did they remove the Hologram menu anyway? I liked it.
    • Officer weapons are tweaked. Take that Officer scum!
    • Still no fixes for Split Screen mode? (P2 Stick deadzone setting / Kashyyyk night time / big Input lag / P2 cant use Emotes, Appearances)

Come on now! Im waiting SINCE LAUNCH!

The split screen options would be great.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Rosinbag
    11 posts Member
    Looks great
  • Fevee
    210 posts Member
    So, think you can use the magic of 3D modelling to make Alden Ehrenreich actually resemble a young Han Solo?
  • creativepup
    265 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Wow! [email protected] Cargo is back. The worst game mode ever created.
  • Please add new skins for villians, make clothers colourful.
  • Ion Torpedo finally getting so desperately needed buff. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • Kinda disapointed, was looking forward to a new playable hero, not hero ship. No new starfighter maps to play the new falcon on... Also no new GA maps still!!! Thats a big bummer for me. -_-

But, Im looking forward to see how extraction will be...

The same opinion.

The more important game mode is Galactic Assault. In 8 months neither one map.

Lack a Mimban map to galactic assault mode.
    We want skins for the troopers and more skins in generally.

The hunger of new contents is more big than the poor EA's DLCs.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • You’ll be taking to Kessel across several different game modes; Arcade, Blast, Hero Showdown, Heroes vs Villains and Extraction – did we mention that’s coming back?

I will be taking to? You mean taken to?
  • So, nothing new. Literally. Extraction, done that. Han, Lando, Chewie skins done that. 3rd Falcon, sigh. Jetpack cargo, I do enjoy this mode, but I will play it a couple of times a week. So again NOTHING NEW. Ok, one map.

Let's examine this...

Dice keeps releasing these little game modes. They die horrible deaths as people quit playing them. It just irritates the community. Every release has been close to an absolute disappointment. How many bugs are you going to release this time? People really want new GA maps, NEW skins, different game play. Instead they get sad little broken releases that are distractions at best and we are encouraged to play them for a lousy 1K.

Not sure I have patience to wait for round 3. Beyond disappointing. OH YES, more to be announced. It is always MORE to be announced. You never announce anything people really want. You are absolutely letting down the hard core players and fans that expected so much out of this game and we keep getting fed the same garbage.

You have absolutely cemented for me that I am not going to buy any EA or DICE game in the next couple of years. Not going to tolerate this kind of poor design, implementation, follow through (or lack thereof). You guys have made a massive disturbance in the force. Disappointing. Did I already say that?
  • So, nothing new. Literally.

You may not fully understand what the word 'literally' means. :smile:

Let's list the new things they could create:
    - New skins - yes
    - New vehicles - yes
    - New heroes/villains - no
    - New troopers - no
    - New maps - yes
    - New modes - yes
    - New star cards - no
    - New weapons - no
    - New menu information/options - yes

This isn't Fortnite, it doesn't generate over a $100 million in new revenue every month, so we aren't going to get massive amounts of new content on a continual basis. Hitting 5 of those 9 categories (and yes, I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one category) is something I'd be more than happy with on a regular basis. Although, as an aside, I think there's a very distinct point of diminishing returns when it comes to the number of permanent modes available, every new mode reduces the player size that wants to play each mode, so I think they'll have to be cautious about that.

• I wish extraction and general announcer voices were implemented into arcade. I want some objectives and more immersion into the offline battles instead of the shooty mc-shoot fest that arcade is only.
    -A convoluted signature

• So my last comment was not approved apparently. They aren't new models, just skins. Duplicates from what we already have. I won't buy 2nd 3rd 4th skins for a character. Not until I have "extra" credits and I don't care about wasting them. One map. That's it. They bring back a mode they took away. A 3rd Falcon? Don't care. Very underwhelming. Wait for the next release, wait for the next release. Sorry. That is a tired statement and everything released is buggy. I have never bought a game for $80 and have it be this big of a piece of garbage for this long.
  • So my last comment was not approved apparently. They aren't new models, just skins. Duplicates from what we already have. I won't buy 2nd 3rd 4th skins for a character. Not until I have "extra" credits and I don't care about wasting them. One map. That's it. They bring back a mode they took away. A 3rd Falcon? Don't care. Very underwhelming. Wait for the next release, wait for the next release. Sorry. That is a tired statement and everything released is buggy. I have never bought a game for $80 and have it be this big of a piece of garbage for this long.

Clearly you haven't bought the collectors edition for Aliens Colonial Marines. lol
    -A convoluted signature

• Clearly you haven't bought the collectors edition for Aliens Colonial Marines. lol[/quote]

LOL. Ok, you have me there. I bought one of the first Alien games on PC and that lasted less than a week.
  • Thank goodness they didnt make Qira and Tweenfsy Nest as heroes.

But then they made Caribbean Vacation Lando a skin????
    The dangerous special forces of the Knights of Gareth

• Yes, let nerf everything in this game and make the most buffed power fist fight. Every class has some weaknesses and strengths - in right hand all classes can be deadly or pretty average - everything depends on player. This is not really good direction to improve this game.

This post is the very definition of First World Problems.

I love how not one person in this thread has considered that due to the amount of work that has to go in to create a new GA map, it is possible that DICE only have the budget/time provided to add one new one in a given time period. Which means they could either add it now and not in whatever the next season is (in which case whiners would complain that the next season was underwhelming compared to this one) or they can add it in the next season and not now (which, as we can see, is making people shriek that this season isn't good enough.)
    Get some perspective on what resources are available to developers. If bugs need fixing, that takes resources. If they are contractually obliged to provide certain content due to Lucasfilm demands, that takes resources and is not their decision. Putting in a big GA map now might prevent them from doing one later on down the line.
    So stop screaming for more cake when you've got plenty on your plate.
  • Sorry. They are motivated delivering on what was promised. This game is still buggy crap. Everything they are releasing is late, underwhelming, minimal and buggy. This is a JOKE of a major software game. Period. It is a joke. 1st world problems? Are they trying to solve world hunger you genius? NO. Are they providing GARBAGE when I paid $80 for something way better? Yes. Do I have a right to be disappointed? Yes. So unless you have something of any value to say and actually have any kind of knowledge about software development (which I am sure you don't ) then leave your sorry expectations and acceptance of garbage at the door. #notMyStarWars
  • Whooo! Excited :) Finally some content but not much.. Hope for more at EA Play. qg1a1noe5q2l.jpg
  • I AM glad that people are happy about whatever we are getting. There should be more. It should be better. EA treats it's customers like garbage.
  • Thank goodness they didnt make Qira and Tweenfsy Nest as heroes.

But then they made Caribbean Vacation Lando a skin????

>:(
    I liked Enfys, and I would have liked Beckett.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • DeNeher0
    75 posts Member
    Not sure how I feel about a 3rd Falcon. It's just a big target as is. Still praying for Clone Wars era content and a huge all vehicle and artillery mode. Also, I just saw the Solo movie and it was great. Deserved much better reviews.
  • vVrathh
    195 posts Member
    Why would you NOT add that mud planet which had actual battles taking place....
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    So my last comment was not approved apparently. They aren't new models, just skins. Duplicates from what we already have. I won't buy 2nd 3rd 4th skins for a character. Not until I have "extra" credits and I don't care about wasting them. One map. That's it. They bring back a mode they took away. A 3rd Falcon? Don't care. Very underwhelming. Wait for the next release, wait for the next release. Sorry. That is a tired statement and everything released is buggy. I have never bought a game for $80 and have it be this big of a piece of garbage for this long.

I love how not one person in this thread has considered that due to the amount of work that has to go in to create a new GA map, it is possible that DICE only have the budget/time provided to add one new one in a given time period. Which means they could either add it now and not in whatever the next season is (in which case whiners would complain that the next season was underwhelming compared to this one) or they can add it in the next season and not now (which, as we can see, is making people shriek that this season isn't good enough.)
    Get some perspective on what resources are available to developers. If bugs need fixing, that takes resources. If they are contractually obliged to provide certain content due to Lucasfilm demands, that takes resources and is not their decision. Putting in a big GA map now might prevent them from doing one later on down the line.

Actually it's more of a definition of why you should be able to discipline your children. It's the definition of what's wrong with this world today. Lets throw a tantrum to get what I want attitude.

You're right too. It takes a lot to create a new map. Not to mention why bring in new maps for GA when a lot of people don't like playing it because it's always one overwhelmingly one sided. Bugs are not easy to fix either. Have to go thru a lot of code to find the problem which isn't easy. It's not like the line in the program that is bugged is just highlighted for developers to find. Even when they do find the problem then it becomes another huge task of fixing it. Like changing a line in code could alter something else. Think of it like trying to put a ford part into a chevy vehicle. They aren't compatible so there will be problems. Programing codes are just always compatible with each other.
  • Walter72 wrote: »
    So my last comment was not approved apparently. They aren't new models, just skins. Duplicates from what we already have. I won't buy 2nd 3rd 4th skins for a character. Not until I have "extra" credits and I don't care about wasting them. One map. That's it. They bring back a mode they took away. A 3rd Falcon? Don't care. Very underwhelming. Wait for the next release, wait for the next release. Sorry. That is a tired statement and everything released is buggy. I have never bought a game for $80 and have it be this big of a piece of garbage for this long.

Actually it's more of a definition of why you should be able to discipline your children. It's the definition of what's wrong with this world today. Lets throw a tantrum to get what I want attitude.

You're right too. It takes a lot to create a new map. Not to mention why bring in new maps for GA when a lot of people don't like playing it because it's always one overwhelmingly one sided. Bugs are not easy to fix either. Have to go thru a lot of code to find the problem which isn't easy. It's not like the line in the program that is bugged is just highlighted for developers to find. Even when they do find the problem then it becomes another huge task of fixing it. Like changing a line in code could alter something else. Think of it like trying to put a ford part into a chevy vehicle. They aren't compatible so there will be problems. Programing codes are just always compatible with each other.

Sorry you don't know what you are talking about.
  • I wish extraction and general announcer voices were implemented into arcade. I want some objectives and more immersion into the offline battles instead of the shooty mc-shoot fest that arcade is only.

This would be cool.
  • Any news on the large scale game mode coming to Arcade next month?;)

Hopefully, we hear about it at EA Play.
  • Madbri
    222 posts Member
    Has Han n Landos voices been changed??
  • Trev_Swen wrote: »
    Hey EA as a player who loves Star Wars. Just wanted to say "Thank you" for all your hard work. Thanks for all your hard work and can't wait to hear more this summer.

This is the only game I have and only game I play today. Not all of us are upset at you or this game.

Trev_Swen

I hope you are not serious..
  • Yes I'm serious. No game is PERFECT. But I feel EA is making changes to this game that are slowly but surely getting better. The game is not finished yet, but its getting better and better moving forward.
    The game is not finished yet, but its getting better and better moving forward.

You understand you paid for a working game, right? You gave them money, for a working product, and to this date, it is not finished. You understand that the content is a joke compared to virtually every other game out there of this magnitude. EA needs to prove itself, because it is doing the same thing but worse right out of the gate that they did to BF 2015. The player base is almost dead.
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    Trev_Swen wrote: »

You understand you paid for a working game, right? You gave them money, for a working product, and to this date, it is not finished. You understand that the content is a joke compared to virtually every other game out there of this magnitude. EA needs to prove itself, because it is doing the same thing but worse right out of the gate that they did to BF 2015. The player base is almost dead.

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Walter72 wrote: »
    Trev_Swen wrote: »

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry, but I do.
  • Trey44
    2 posts Member
    All of this looks good, but when is the next chapter to the campaign coming out? Just been wondering that for awhile. Also wondering about the clone war era if more maps or at least a couple characters are coming out soon?
    Hey EA as a player who loves Star Wars. Just wanted to say "Thank you" for all your hard work. Thanks for all your hard work and can't wait to hear more this summer.

This is the only game I have and only game I play today. Not all of us are upset at you or this game.

Trev_Swen

Hello, Swen. Welcome to the forum. It is good to see another person who loves the game as much as I and my friends do. I know that you might think that I am also mad at EA given my previous comments on this thread. But trust me, I have hope for this game. Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to the community.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
This discussion has been closed.