criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom [Spoiler Free]

BeastlyCrawdad
2684 posts Member
edited June 2018
Anyone else excited? I know I am. Jeff better get a prominent role in this film. It comes out in just 21 days. I plan on getting IMAX tickets.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4881806/
This is the link to the trailers, if anyone wants to watch them.
itt96uodu82s.gif
Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
Post edited by BeastlyCrawdad on

Replies

• rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    I hope it brings back a horror/thriller vibe
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I hope so too. This new one is supposed to be a lot more dark and scary, than the last one. I am looking forward to it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

I hope so too. This new one is supposed to be a lot more dark and scary, than the last one. I am looking forward to it.

That’s what I’ve read too. The ending of the 2nd trailer definitely had that vibe. Not that I didn’t enjoy the first one but would be a fun switch up.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Batman20
    1345 posts Member
    it looks awesome from the trailers
  • Assassino37
    1100 posts Member
    Yeah supposedly the 2nd half almost turns into a horror movie according to what I've read. Sounds like an awesome change to me too. Unfortunately though Goldblum isn't in it as much as we would all like from what I heard, though.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2684 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Anybody else getting, Evolution? My brothers and I want to get it.
    Post edited by BeastlyCrawdad on
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Ill probably get evolution
  • bump.
    also, #lampp
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • I'm hoping for a horror vibe too. I liked the last one, but it was too much action. I wanted the cast to feel helpless vs the Indominous Rex, but at the end, they were fighting and pushing it back.

I was still hoping the Indominous survived it's fatal encounter with the Mosasaurs, like t escaped from it's jaws somehow and hid under water by having gills and using it's camo to stay hidden. Then, at the end of this movie, when the cast is on the verge of being killed by the Indoraptor, the Indominous is like "I'M BACK *******!" and turns the tables.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I'm hoping for a horror vibe too. I liked the last one, but it was too much action. I wanted the cast to feel helpless vs the Indominous Rex, but at the end, they were fighting and pushing it back.

I was still hoping the Indominous survived it's fatal encounter with the Mosasaurs, like t escaped from it's jaws somehow and hid under water by having gills and using it's camo to stay hidden. Then, at the end of this movie, when the cast is on the verge of being killed by the Indoraptor, the Indominous is like "I'M BACK *******!" and turns the tables.

That sounds cool. It does have Cuttlefish DNA.
    I have a ticket for 9:30 am, so excited.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Everybody should get on here after the movie. Remember, if you have seen it, don't spoil it for everyone else, just say that it was awesome or good or meh.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Hyped for this film. The trailers have been great so far. And as other have already meantioned, there seems to have a horror type of vibe in this one.
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    Everybody should get on here after the movie. Remember, if you have seen it, don't spoil it for everyone else, just say that it was awesome or good or meh.

I got my tix for tomorrow
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Everybody should get on here after the movie. Remember, if you have seen it, don't spoil it for everyone else, just say that it was awesome or good or meh.

This. And use spoiler tags for spoilers!

This is how you use spoiler tags for those unaware:

[spoiIer]place spoiler here[/spoiIer]
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    A super helpful tip @Cad_Bane. :smiley:

But yes, please be mindful of spoilers and make use of our spoiler tag feature if you want to mention them. :smile:
  • Saw it last night. Two raptor claws up!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    A super helpful tip @Cad_Bane. :smiley:

But yes, please be mindful of spoilers and make use of our spoiler tag feature if you want to mention them. :smile:

You seen it yet, @EA_Cian? Saw it a few minutes ago, and loved it.
    "Life... finds a way."
    Bïstlï's review: That was intense and scary. Much more scary that any of the other ones.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Saw it last night. Two raptor claws up!

Are we the only ones that went to see the movie this weekend? Really would have thought people'd be talking about it.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I just got back from seeing it. Thought it was great, had those make you jump moments and CAN NOT wait for the third, it’s going to be epic!
    #infantrylivesmatter
    I just got back from seeing it. Thought it was great, had those make you jump moments and CAN NOT wait for the third, it’s going to be epic!
    Did you like all of the Blue backstory? I loved it. I was like, "Finally, we get a dinosaur who isn't all bad." Blue may be my new favorite Dino, and I cannot wait for her to return in the 3rd.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • SPOILER ALERT! DINOSAURS KILL EVERYONE
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • SPOILER ALERT! DINOSAURS KILL EVERYONE

SPOILER ALERT! THEY ARE ALL MADE FROM COMPUTER ANIMATION AND ANIMATRONICS
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    Did you like all of the Blue backstory? I loved it. I was like, "Finally, we get a dinosaur who isn't all bad." Blue may be my new favorite Dino, and I cannot wait for her to return in the 3rd.
    Yea it was cool. Showing the affection like that was neat, nothing I couldn’t put together myself though. I’m just excited to see Planet of the Dino’s (apes) next
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Yea it was cool. Showing the affection like that was neat, nothing I couldn’t put together myself though. I’m just excited to see Planet of the Dino’s (apes) next
    That is exactly what I thought it felt like. I came out of the theatre with a Planet of the Apes vibe.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Jurassic World has officially crushed Solo a Star Wars Story into the dust with ticket sales. That makes me sad. Hopefully it does better later, like Treasure Planet.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    That is exactly what I thought it felt like. I came out of the theatre with a Planet of the Apes vibe.
    i hope they don’t jump the shark and star playing up the human cloning aspect. They have to keep the next movie grounded lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Jurassic World has officially crushed Solo a Star Wars Story into the dust with ticket sales. That makes me sad. Hopefully it does better later, like Treasure Planet.

I can’t help but to be happy about this. As a fan, I’m not optimistic with the direction Lucasfilm is heading. And the only way to force change is with your pocketbook.

And just to be clear, I’m not one of those toxic “fans” who are actively rooting for SW related projects to fail. I’m just disheartened with the direction of recent events and hoping a change will take place for one my favorite franchises.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I haven't seen it, no @BeastlyCrawdad. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. :smile:
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I can’t help but to be happy about this. As a fan, I’m not optimistic with the direction Lucasfilm is heading. And the only way to force change is with your pocketbook.

And just to be clear, I’m not one of those toxic “fans” who are actively rooting for SW related projects to fail. I’m just disheartened with the direction of recent events and hoping a change will take place for one my favorite franchises.
    Jackpot, and agreed 100%. A big problem is, though, is that people automatically label others as being 'toxic' the instant they say something negative about the new films. Its the big reason why I do not enjoy discussing Star Wars anymore.

Anyways, on topic, does Fallen Kingdom officially end the series being on the islands? I haven't seen it yet and I am curious to know this.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Jackpot, and agreed 100%. A big problem is, though, is that people automatically label others as being 'toxic' the instant they say something negative about the new films. Its the big reason why I do not enjoy discussing Star Wars anymore.

Anyways, on topic, does Fallen Kingdom officially end the series being on the islands? I haven't seen it yet and I am curious to know this.
    That question will be answered in the movie. Not trying to give away to many spoilers, but the story ends for 1 island. If you haven't seen it yet, then you should go. It was really good.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Just saw it this afternoon and really liked it. What I love is how well they have progressed the story with these sequels while keeping true to the JP nature. Everything you see in this movie would definitely happen. Tons of fun homages to the past originals, too. Can't wait to see what happens with the next one.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I enjoyed it
    That brachiosaurus scene...
    f2e.jpg_large
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • rollind24
    4893 posts Member
    I was nervous going into it. The first trailer didn’t inspire a lot of confidence but I liked it better than the last one.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I enjoyed it
    That brachiosaurus scene...
    f2e.jpg_large
    Seriously... :-( it's even sadder when you read this info about it...
    J.A. Bayona reveals that he had a trick up his sleeve on set to get the most out of his actors for that scene. In a new interview, he talked about the emotional scene from Jurassic World 2 and revealed why it has an even deeper meaning for fans of the Jurassic Park franchise. The Brachiosaurus is the very first dinosaur that was shown in the first Jurassic Park and then the last to be seen on the Isla of Nublar, which was no accident. Bayona reveals that the idea for the scene was planted 25 years ago. He explains. "That scene represents the ending of a dream that started 25 years ago. You are telling the ending of that island and the ending of that dream." While the Brachiosaurus scene was tough on moviegoers watching Jurassic World 2 in theaters, it was a challenge for J.A. Bayona to come up with a way to get the actors prepared for just how emotional the scene was. In order to get the right feel, the director pulled out a very familiar piece of music to play for the cast as they looked at a dot on a green screen. According to Bayona, the music had just the emotional impact that he desired from Chris Pratt and especially Bryce Dallas Howard. The director had this to say. "I played a very sweet and a little sad version of the Jurassic Park melody. So that was very effective for the actors, especially for Bryce. Being there, telling that story, listening to music from John Williams, they were all very emotional."

He also mentioned how the Brachiosaurus stood up before succumbing to the volcano is the same as the original JP when the Brachiosaurus stood up to feed when we first saw him.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    Saw it the other day. I liked it, but wasn’t blown away. Overall I think I liked the previous one a little better. It did however set up a cool story for the next one.