criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Gamer Motivation Profile

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/surveys/start/gamerprofile/

This quiz will let you know what motivates you to play video games and I figured it will be fun to compare results :)

Here are mine:

7tLSOIF.jpg

IOPbW7v.jpg

:)
"The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.

Replies

• Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Here are mine:
    1sjjsa6a57lc.jpg

v67qrpdda4ek.jpg

Seems Im a bit more middle of road.

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Vespervin
    691 posts Member
    Done. It was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

jdeKcO8.png
    BFZloJz.png
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Bookmarked, will do when I have a chance
    Psn: Jello770
  • LaurenXIV
    444 posts Member
    So far, the people that have completed it have more motivation than me to play video games :D

By quite a lot, actually :P

My result was basically:

Action... ehhhhh a little is good
    Im antisocial (yes, I am, thats true!)
    I dont really care about being good at a video game (I dont)
    I dont care about getting all the achievements (I dont, but Ill complete them if theyre easy)
    Just give me story and character and let me customize things

... very me tbh :D
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • Primary:
    Action 92%
    Social 93%
    Immersion 87%
    Creativity 69%
    Mastery 81%
    Achievement 91%

Apparently I am, Action-Oriented, Proficient, Driven, Social, Deeply Immersed, and Creative.

Secondary:
    Excitement 78%
    Destruction 95%
    Fantasy 93%
    Story 71%
    Competition 95%
    Community 80%
    Discovery 70%
    Design 64%
    Challenge 88%
    Strategy 62%
    Completion 90%
    Power 85%
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Seems pretty accurate.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Here are my results.
    wi5ju67e83uw.png
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    Here are my results.
    wi5ju67e83uw.png

You and I are polar opposites when it comes to immersion.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • LaurenXIV
    444 posts Member
    I think my results generally show how rare it is for me to enjoy a game like Battlefront II :)
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    4czbzd3rxhzh.jpeg

s063uxe0lb62.jpeg
    Mine.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    LaurenXIV wrote: »
    I think my results generally show how rare it is for me to enjoy a game like Battlefront II :)

Do you know of the Warhammer 40,000 universe?

or even the Warhammer universe (now known as Age of Sigmar)
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    I don't need a chart to tell me I play Games to escape reality...
    Gimme dat sweet sweet fantasy environment, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Wknuto!
  • LaurenXIV
    444 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »

Ive heard of it :)

I have no knowledge of it though
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »

Ive heard of it :)

I have no knowledge of it though

I'd think you'd like it, very immersive, detailed fanatsy based.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Is this necropost? It's only one month old so I don't know. Anyway, I ended up on the topic and took the survey for fun and the results were pretty spot on on the type of games I play or played

anm4lsgspltj.jpeg
    zhycymq69yvn.jpeg

So for the unusual results (evertyhing outside 35%-65%):
    -Immersion/Fantasy/Story that's definitly my defining point for solo games, I'll rather take an ugly game with a good story than a good looking game with rushed/poor story
    -Strategy: ouch 0% but it is fair, I trust my instincts rather than having a defined strategy when playing. That's weird to say it but I "feel" things, in fighting games I'm the guy in your head that know what your next moves will be before you do it, in fps I know when you will get out of cover to try and get me in a duel or when you will throw a nade or roll, things like this.
    -Social Component: I probably would have had an even worse score if I wasn't a bit the competitive/need to prove myself type. I hardly consider being competitive being "social" though but the test is made like this. I'm definitly introverted and hate mmo's or game likes these so the result is fitting lol.
    -Destruction: yeah it's very secondary, not a selling point to me.
    -Excitement: if a game is bad but has action it I guess I can sometimes finish it, but I would take anyday a good story over action though.

I got some good game recommendations, many I already planed to play/buy and it makes me realise that I really need to buy a ps4 since many of this games are sony exclusives.
    I also had Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic but that's a mmo right? So why is it here? I hate mmo's. xD

Overall the study was pretty spot on and I can find the two types of game that I prefer in the results: solo story driven games and multiplayer competitive/action based
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo