criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - The Clone Wars Begin

Prev13456
F8RGE
261 posts EA Community Manager
edited June 9
Incoming Transmission

Hello there!

Since joining the team back in March I’ve had conversations with many of you about favourite characters, movies, eras and more. We’ve shared experiences that range from the first time we saw a Star Wars movie, playing with action figures and our enjoyment at playing previous games. It’s this passion and enthusiasm for both Star Wars and in turn the Battlefront series that has been clear to me since day one.

Throughout the community, one of the common threads of discussion we’ve seen is that we don’t listen. I can say with total honesty that we have heard you, but we have failed to deliver upon your expectations. We know it’s not good enough, we need to do more, and we will do more.

We are committed to improvement, especially within communication. With the release of the very first Community Transmission it was said that it was the start of improved communications within our community, but we want to take this further, and we will, that is our promise to you. This all starts at the end of the June when we’ll be posting a roadmap of the content that is coming over the next few months.

Passion and enthusiasm are a good way of describing the Star Wars Battlefront II community. But no topic of discussion has received as much passion and enthusiasm behind it as Clone Wars.

Today, as debuted at EA Play, we can officially confirm that more Clone Wars content will be arriving into Star Wars Battlefront II.

We know that for many of you reading this, you will be as excited as we are to play as Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous. These two iconic foes are going to need a planet suitable for them, so where better than back where the Clone Wars all began, Geonosis.

The Clone Wars is a Star Wars era that is packed full of iconic characters, so it would be a shame to leave it to the Negotiator and the General. Joining them on the Battlefront will be Sith Lord Count Dooku as well as, Anakin Skywalker.

We are also working on a large scale, non-linear game mode, which we know many of you have been requesting. Many of you have also been requesting ways to play with friends easier and our new squad system will do just that.
In July we plan to add Hero Starfighters to the game, a great take on Hero vs Hero gameplay, but in starfighters. We know that many of you have been waiting for this one.

Right now we’re still focused on the Han Solo Season but we’ll be back to talk more about the Clone Wars, and the future of Star Wars Battlefront II at the end of June.

I wanted to take this moment to say that we’ve been incredibly humbled by your support, the constant stream of feedback and ideas. We are here because of you, so thank you for joining us on the Battlefront.

In the Clone Wars television series, the second season starts off with the quote “A lesson learned, is a lesson earned”, which is perhaps a rather nice way of putting it.

We’re still at EA Play this weekend so if you are in attendance please do check out Extraction on Kessel, stop by and say “hello there”.

We’re looking forward to the future of Star Wars Battlefront II and working hand in hand with the community. We’ll be talking to you all again soon.

Punch it
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Devlin21
    7628 posts Member
    IM SCREAMING!!!!!!!
    gbapgrf1870j.png

#makebobagreatagain #anakiniscoming #clonewarshavebegun
  • **** YEAH BOIIIISSSSSSSS>>>>>>>>
  • hsf_
    1024 posts Member
    Do we know when?
  • Thanks! This is what both the community and the game need
  • Rook008
    667 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission
    We are also working on a large scale, non-linear game mode, which we know many of you have been requesting.

In July we plan to add Hero Starfighters to the game, a great take on Hero vs Hero gameplay, but in starfighters. We know that many of you have been waiting for this one.

Thanks.

She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • Thank you so much for Anakin, @F8RGE!

Also, sorry for being a jerk when you talked about Anakin on Reddit.
    Very sorry.
    i3z4b6022hme.png
    Old Profile: FreakyCrawdad
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Fuzzbap
    62 posts Member
    Well, hello there.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • IM SCREAMING!!!!!!!

When Dennis started to talk about Separatist Leader coming along Generals I literally started to shout loudly "yes!, yes!"

I said "WOOP WOOP!" and my dogs looked at me like I was crazy or something.
    i3z4b6022hme.png
    Old Profile: FreakyCrawdad
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Good news and a big congrats to all the Clone Wars fans! You seriously deserve it (and it’s good to get it out of the way for us who aren’t as big fans ;)). Even I might enjoy this one...

Now, you got Yoda, Anakin, Obi-Wan... maybe even Chewie, against Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Grievous and either Palpatine or Bossk. Do you really have to mix in the other heroes? Please? Can’t this be the first step away from cross-era?...

Pretty please?.,,
  • JMaster
    1711 posts Member
    Thank guys. I'm excited to see where this leads Battlefront, I've been waiting for this news for a long time...
    A long time. : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Awesome, I didn't really expect Anakin as a hero and thought that he would've been a legendary skin for Vader (so we can have that Obi-Wan vs Anakin fight). But that's cool, four heroes and a new "Conquest" style mode sounds awesome!
  • alexDD55
    70 posts Member
    Excited!
    Please also extend the soundtrack of the game
  • I apologize for all the negativity that I’ve possibly helped spread over the months
    I am excited to see what you guys come up with
  • Thank you so much! Really excited and can't wait to see the roadmap. A big thanks to Dennis, Ben and all the other ppl which safed the game!❤
  • Yes thank you so much Ben!!!!!!!!!! The game is saved!
  • Jello770
    5526 posts Member
    LOVE YOU MAN!!
    PSN: Jello770
    5ba18nuxuol7.png
    "Watch out for those wrist rockets!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check Out My Mister Bones Petition-Click Here
  • Kerle
    426 posts Member
    Please, please give us an Anakin emote where he throws a Ren like tantrum about how much he hates sand!!!!!
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • Rook008
    667 posts Member
    Thanking the messenger, I guess?
  • DarthJ
    4848 posts Member
    This is perfect news, this is the spark the game needed. Cannot wait for the Summer now
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Jello770
    5526 posts Member
    When can we expect a trailer!?
    PSN: Jello770
    5ba18nuxuol7.png
    "Watch out for those wrist rockets!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check Out My Mister Bones Petition-Click Here
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Yes thank you so much Ben!!!!!!!!!! The game is saved!

Thank you DICE*

Already made a thread saying thanks to DICE but I wanted to thank you as well. Communication has improved tremendously.

Thank you DICE*

Already made a thread saying thanks to DICE but I wanted to thank you as well. Communication has improved tremendously.

Yes! Thank you DICE!
    WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!
  • ELIMELECH0401
    948 posts Member
    edited June 9
    You're starting to add a lot more stuff the community wants, awesome! can't wait!

But will that large scale mode be playable offline with bots?

Hopefully, it is (including hero AI).
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

Thank you DICE*

BEN, the way you trolled on Reddit few days ago about Anakin not coming with Obi-Wan because both human lightsaber wielders etc.- considering news we got- it was savage. :trollface:
  • Just when I thought my personal GOTY was about to sink into oblivion... Look forward to the new modes and maps, please take your time to iron them out and deliver a solid update. Thank you for the continued support!
  • Rook008
    667 posts Member
    edited June 9
    Hero Starfighters: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/past-present-future
    Coming in July is a new Starfighter mode focused on piloting Hero ships.
    Here, players will spawn as one of the available Hero Starfighters on their respective sides. If taken out, you’ll re-enter the game as a normal fighter, bomber, or interceptor. To win the game, your team of four needs to take out all enemy Hero Starfighters.

Not what I expected, but sounds like it could be fun.
  • K4152
    15 posts Member
    Finally thank you @F8RGE . Can't wait to play this. Hopefully We also get the remaining heroes from BF1 ( greedo, jyn ,ect)as well later on.
  • Awesome!!!!!
    Great news, especially knowing what's ahead.
    Thank you!!!
  • OMG! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!
  • Good job Dice! good job! this is all we need!

by the way, I just want to know "When can we get all emotion and victory pose?"
  • Great! Thanks EA :)
  • This is absolutely fantastic news! I can't wait! Thank you so much for listening to the community and taking measures to implement our requests. Well done EA, DICE and Criterion. :smiley:

Is it possible to share any information on anything in development for Arcade? Like Starfighter Assault or the large scale mode Dennis mentioned awhile back? Perhaps support for AI Heroes/Hero Ships/Special Units, expanded match rules and options or online functionality for Co-op and Versus? Any news would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    This is absolutely fantastic news! I can't wait! Thank you so much for listening to the community and taking measures to implement our requests. Well done EA, DICE and Criterion. :smiley:

Is it possible to share any information on anything in development for Arcade? Like Starfighter Assault or the large scale mode Dennis mentioned awhile back? Perhaps support for AI Heroes/Hero Ships/Special Units, expanded match rules and options or online functionality for Co-op and Versus? Any news would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Split screen for PC is all I want now. Didn't Criterion stop working on the game?
  • Evazan127
    8102 posts Member
    Cool.
  • Evazan127
    8102 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    Hero Starfighters: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/past-present-future
    Coming in July is a new Starfighter mode focused on piloting Hero ships.
    Here, players will spawn as one of the available Hero Starfighters on their respective sides. If taken out, you’ll re-enter the game as a normal fighter, bomber, or interceptor. To win the game, your team of four needs to take out all enemy Hero Starfighters.

Not what I expected, but sounds like it could be fun.
    At first I wasn’t a fan but this looks cool. It’s like HvV of the last game.