criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - The Clone Wars Begin

Replies

• F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

Hello there!

Since joining the team back in March I’ve had conversations with many of you about favourite characters, movies, eras and more. We’ve shared experiences that range from the first time we saw a Star Wars movie, playing with action figures and our enjoyment at playing previous games. It’s this passion and enthusiasm for both Star Wars and in turn the Battlefront series that has been clear to me since day one.

Throughout the community, one of the common threads of discussion we’ve seen is that we don’t listen. I can say with total honesty that we have heard you, but we have failed to deliver upon your expectations. We know it’s not good enough, we need to do more, and we will do more.

We are committed to improvement, especially within communication. With the release of the very first Community Transmission it was said that it was the start of improved communications within our community, but we want to take this further, and we will, that is our promise to you. This all starts at the end of the June when we’ll be posting a roadmap of the content that is coming over the next few months.

Passion and enthusiasm are a good way of describing the Star Wars Battlefront II community. But no topic of discussion has received as much passion and enthusiasm behind it as Clone Wars.

Today, as debuted at EA Play, we can officially confirm that more Clone Wars content will be arriving into Star Wars Battlefront II.

We know that for many of you reading this, you will be as excited as we are to play as Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous. These two iconic foes are going to need a planet suitable for them, so where better than back where the Clone Wars all began, Geonosis.

The Clone Wars is a Star Wars era that is packed full of iconic characters, so it would be a shame to leave it to the Negotiator and the General. Joining them on the Battlefront will be Sith Lord Count Dooku as well as, Anakin Skywalker.

We are also working on a large scale, non-linear game mode, which we know many of you have been requesting. Many of you have also been requesting ways to play with friends easier and our new squad system will do just that.
    In July we plan to add Hero Starfighters to the game, a great take on Hero vs Hero gameplay, but in starfighters. We know that many of you have been waiting for this one.

Right now we’re still focused on the Han Solo Season but we’ll be back to talk more about the Clone Wars, and the future of Star Wars Battlefront II at the end of June.

I wanted to take this moment to say that we’ve been incredibly humbled by your support, the constant stream of feedback and ideas. We are here because of you, so thank you for joining us on the Battlefront.

In the Clone Wars television series, the second season starts off with the quote “A lesson learned, is a lesson earned”, which is perhaps a rather nice way of putting it.

We’re still at EA Play this weekend so if you are in attendance please do check out Extraction on Kessel, stop by and say “hello there”.

We’re looking forward to the future of Star Wars Battlefront II and working hand in hand with the community. We’ll be talking to you all again soon.

Punch it

YEEEHAW! I play this game everyday, and I knew you will
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Incoming Transmission

Hello there!

Since joining the team back in March I’ve had conversations with many of you about favourite characters, movies, eras and more. We’ve shared experiences that range from the first time we saw a Star Wars movie, playing with action figures and our enjoyment at playing previous games. It’s this passion and enthusiasm for both Star Wars and in turn the Battlefront series that has been clear to me since day one.

Throughout the community, one of the common threads of discussion we’ve seen is that we don’t listen. I can say with total honesty that we have heard you, but we have failed to deliver upon your expectations. We know it’s not good enough, we need to do more, and we will do more.

We are committed to improvement, especially within communication. With the release of the very first Community Transmission it was said that it was the start of improved communications within our community, but we want to take this further, and we will, that is our promise to you. This all starts at the end of the June when we’ll be posting a roadmap of the content that is coming over the next few months.

Passion and enthusiasm are a good way of describing the Star Wars Battlefront II community. But no topic of discussion has received as much passion and enthusiasm behind it as Clone Wars.

Today, as debuted at EA Play, we can officially confirm that more Clone Wars content will be arriving into Star Wars Battlefront II.

We know that for many of you reading this, you will be as excited as we are to play as Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous. These two iconic foes are going to need a planet suitable for them, so where better than back where the Clone Wars all began, Geonosis.

The Clone Wars is a Star Wars era that is packed full of iconic characters, so it would be a shame to leave it to the Negotiator and the General. Joining them on the Battlefront will be Sith Lord Count Dooku as well as, Anakin Skywalker.

We are also working on a large scale, non-linear game mode, which we know many of you have been requesting. Many of you have also been requesting ways to play with friends easier and our new squad system will do just that.
    In July we plan to add Hero Starfighters to the game, a great take on Hero vs Hero gameplay, but in starfighters. We know that many of you have been waiting for this one.

Right now we’re still focused on the Han Solo Season but we’ll be back to talk more about the Clone Wars, and the future of Star Wars Battlefront II at the end of June.

I wanted to take this moment to say that we’ve been incredibly humbled by your support, the constant stream of feedback and ideas. We are here because of you, so thank you for joining us on the Battlefront.

In the Clone Wars television series, the second season starts off with the quote “A lesson learned, is a lesson earned”, which is perhaps a rather nice way of putting it.

We’re still at EA Play this weekend so if you are in attendance please do check out Extraction on Kessel, stop by and say “hello there”.

We’re looking forward to the future of Star Wars Battlefront II and working hand in hand with the community. We’ll be talking to you all again soon.

Punch it

Yeeeeehaw! More reasons to keep loving and playing this game everyday! Thank you!!
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    This is absolutely fantastic news! I can't wait! Thank you so much for listening to the community and taking measures to implement our requests. Well done EA, DICE and Criterion. :smiley:

Is it possible to share any information on anything in development for Arcade? Like Starfighter Assault or the large scale mode Dennis mentioned awhile back? Perhaps support for AI Heroes/Hero Ships/Special Units, expanded match rules and options or online functionality for Co-op and Versus? Any news would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Split screen for PC is all I want now. Didn't Criterion stop working on the game?

Yeah, splitscreen support for the PC version is needed. Personally, I don't like sharing a screen when playing co-op and versus modes in this type of game. So online or LAN support is what I prefer, but it would be great to get splitscreen support for all the players that do. Also, it's just not fair that PC players have to pay the same price as the console versions for a version that has less content and features.

I've only heard rumors about Criterion no longer being part of BFII's development. So I'm not sure. I hope they're still involved. :confused:
    "All wings report in."
  • So, just some words. and "This year". Well, it's better than nothing. Sadly I don't think it will bring in enough players to make a difference. I guess we will see. For those of us left at least it is content.
  • I'm happy that bf2 is getting the main hero's and villain's of the clone wars, I'm hoping that season 4 will also be a clone wars season and have the padawans of anakin and Dooku, Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress because after season 3 they will be the most requested hero's
  • joeybmx7 wrote: »
    Will we see this large scale mode playable offline?

I hope so. I wished they would have mentioned the Arcade large mode as well. Hopefully, info on Arcade will be in the road map if not before.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • First battle of Geonosis or the second one?

I can't wait on the end of this month, Dennis you hyped me so much!
  • Goronado
    1 posts Member
    edited June 9
    Better matchmaking when??
    Post edited by Goronado on
  • Holy heck! Soooooo awesome! Will the conquest like mode be for arcade aswell? Can't wait!
  • This one...
    "
    In July we plan to add Hero Starfighters to the game, a great take on Hero vs Hero gameplay, but in starfighters. We know that many of you have been waiting for this one."
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am really excited about all the news and promised content. I really hope the new content will bring old players back to see how great the game became. :) :) :)
  • Hello There!
    Great Job EA, Im waiting for more!
  • Batman20
    1232 posts Member
    Awesome work guys these 4heroes are going to be so much fun to play with. Although I hope we get more clone wars maps
  • Devlin21
    8089 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Awesome work guys these 4heroes are going to be so much fun to play with. Although I hope we get more clone wars maps

its just beginning, there will be more.

begun, the resurrection of this game it has.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Batman20
    1232 posts Member

Yeah nice to see finally they do actually care about this game after Months of people thinking EA had given up. No doubt we will see plenty more maps
  • Holy heck! Soooooo awesome! Will the conquest like mode be for arcade aswell? Can't wait!

That would be nice.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Sam3S
    11 posts Member
    edited June 9
    These news have blown my mind! Well done Dice and EA :smile: :smile:
    The future of this game looks bright indeed
  • OujaStrike
    5 posts Member
    edited June 9
    I'll finally get to play as my favorite Anakin :), i'll love if Mustafar gets added have galactic assault as Republic led by Obi-Wan and the Galactic Empire led by Pre-Suit Vader maybe with an unlockable skin so you can have him use Red as his Lightsaber Blade Color.
  • Awesome news, so excited! Especially happy about Dooku!
  • Love it!
    Can’t wait! Such a fun game!!!
    Thank you guys for continuing to put more into the game. Really appreciate it!
    I’m on vacation but heard the news, I’ll be back on time for solo season pt 2 :) :) <3
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Yes thank you so much Ben!!!!!!!!!! The game is saved!

Thank you DICE*
    That too, and tell Dennis he did a great job.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I read in an article on today's announcement that Mustafar was coming. Not sure where that came from though.
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2500 posts Member
    edited June 9

Yeah nice to see finally they do actually care about this game after Months of people thinking EA had given up. No doubt we will see plenty more maps

I told y'all. I said that they were fully supporting the game.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • porc44
    142 posts Member
    Thanx dice for listening to the playerbase, really appreciate it!
    I'm rooting for you guys!
  • SirWafflestomper
    11 posts Member
    edited June 9
    General grevious and kenobi were expected, but dooku and anakin as well? Thank you devs!
  • Great! Also add some new gun please! There are too few guns in the game for every class right Now.
  • I can't wait for the Clone Wars to begin :).

A few things I'd love to see come down the road related to Clone Wars content:

1 - Umbara - This would be perfect for Galactic Assault and even a strike mission. I think having the fog and the darkness would make it a really cool and challenging map.

2 - Felucia - I loved the map in the prior Battlefront games

3 - Coruscant - Jedi Temple map (perhaps an Order 66 mode), the Senate building, the streets of Coruscant/lower levels (level 1313 anyone?), and of course a starfighter assault type map with the battle over Coruscant.

4 - Ryloth - GA map, an assault to capture the city of Lassu (like in TCW show)

5 - Venator Cruiser/Separatist Cruiser - a blast mode or strike mission on a Republic/Separatist cruiser would be awesome.

6 - Use of an AT-TE, spider droids, Droidekas, ARC Troopers, Clone Commandos, Commando Droids, Tactical/Super Tactical Droids, Magna Guards, Aqua Droids

7 - Skins for the different legions for Clones. For Battle Droids, you can add a camo skin for the B1's (as seen in TCW)

8 - Additional Heros and Villains - Ahsoka, Rex, Cody, Jango, Ventress, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Savage Oppress, Sidious with his dual lightsabers (perhaps an alternate skin for the emperor if don't want to add another hero of the same character).

Please make some of this happen!!!!!

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!!!!!
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Cool.

That’s the understatement of the year mate.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Goronado wrote: »
    Better matchmaking when??

Can you just not take a win when you get it? At least for 24 hours?
    Psn: Jello770
  • Chris007968
    51 posts Member
    edited June 10
    Thank you dice. Im really looking forward to whats coming. I never lost hope. Before announcement i look at as once re vamp progression system in place start of cosmetics and solo season. Once they all in place they move on to bigger things and exactly whats happening. Well done dice.
    Post edited by Chris007968 on
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • mastery0ta
    4880 posts Member
    All hail DICE. Its been a bumpy road, but never lost hope. Thank you Ben/ Dennis and everyone behind the scenes ! BF2 communities are built on hope! see you all on the battlefront.. ALL MY HUES <3
  • 6kes8cf9slhj.jpg
    Thank You Team,
    this is fabulous news (I'm always excited for the legends of Star Wars)
    May The Force Be With You
  • I'm so happy to see the clone wars is coming soon! I really hope either Grievous or Dooku have a buff ability like Yoda or finn. Right now the only villain that kinda has a team buff is Boba
  • Please add more modes to arcade! The new mode you are talking about, and the modes that are online would be fun to play offine. Please!
  • Huscarl
    68 posts Member
    edited June 10
    I never lost faith in this game and held on from the beginning. I knew they'd come thru for us! Now I can laugh at everyone who doubted this game and us for still believing that this game was going to be amazing. We were right.
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • What about a Jango Fett skin for Boba? So we wouldn't have 2 similar jetpack villians, instead they could add a legendary skin for Boba. And the same could go for Leia with a Padme skin.
  • Please add more modes to arcade! The new mode you are talking about, and the modes that are online would be fun to play offine. Please!

Agreed ;)
  • Huscarl
    68 posts Member
    ruler1610 wrote: »
    What about a Jango Fett skin for Boba? So we wouldn't have 2 similar jetpack villians, instead they could add a legendary skin for Boba. And the same could go for Leia with a Padme skin.

Intersting idea but I prefer to have 2 separate villains than skins
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • Sucks that the game will be dead by the point this drops...

But at least some questions.
    Will conquest feature Heroes? I hope not.

How will the new Squad System work? Will it be integreated into the HUD? Like in Battlefield?
  • Awesome ! Grievous !
  • I think some people are under the impression that the folks that have been complaining about no CW content don't like the game and are just looking for something to whine about. Need I remind everyone that over half of the official gameplay trailer was Clone Wars. I actually enjoy playing as the first order as well but I've been playing with rebels and imps for so many years I don't enjoy it as much, unless I'm in an X-wing. That being said, I was completely satisfied by this announcement. We'll see how it shakes out, of course, but everything that was said, they didn't leave much out that I've been hoping to see. We got verbal road map and I have no complaints at all with what I heard, I'm even starting to play again. Let's go!
  • @F8RGE Can you give us an expected release month?
  • cb042
    10 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    I can say with total honesty that we have heard you, but we have failed to deliver upon your expectations.

Hi F8RGE,

Some of us are still waiting for you to deliver on the progression we're missing from the duplicate crate credit bug.

You gave us a new hero mode, and now a new starfighter mode is coming, and I am really struggling to get in to those knowing I'm lacking so many cards because of the bugs.

The compensation crate turning credits into points doesn't help because I still can't spend those points as freely as I could have originally. Buying uncommon cards I don't need doesn't get me closer to rare/epic levels on the cards I do want.

Can we expect any more help with this? (There's probably some very easy fixes, like change the parts->points system into parts->XP, that would at least be character progression.)

thanks
  • LeftTurnus
    1095 posts Member
    This sounds good.
    Alot of it was requested by the community at large.
    I know it would not be mentioned at an event, but will DICE ever really dig into alot of the bugs, and take a look at MM. I know it was said it is "working as designed due to research", but I and the majority of people I play games with find your research flawed.
    We play more when the matches are fair and end close.
    We play less when the games stack the deck against one team. This game is the worst for doing this simply by leaving one team at a large numerical disadvantage. This does not get addressed. I am sure it has been heard, but I would like some acknowledgement from DICE the matches will be fairer.

Adding content is great. Continuing MM as is is a no go for me...
  • Great job for the clone wars on Anakin, Count Dooku. That was a surprise for me.

Well Padme Amidala Still be made as a hero down the line?

I would like a GA map on Ryloth also.
    What about a FA on Naboo, so we fly with those yellow starfighter ships?

giphy.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg

"This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala