criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission - The Clone Wars Begin

Replies

• Unsure how games that aren't going to be released for another year can have content reveals, but a game that is promising "great content, we hear you", "this year" can't show anything. Please, they didn't do ANYTHING yesterday. Everything he said was already revealed through leaks. Everyone is so happy now because EA placated you with lip service? EA played you.
  • Kerle
    427 posts Member
    Unsure how games that aren't going to be released for another year can have content reveals, but a game that is promising "great content, we hear you", "this year" can't show anything. Please, they didn't do ANYTHING yesterday. Everything he said was already revealed through leaks. Everyone is so happy now because EA placated you with lip service? EA played you.

Because creating in-engine, maybe even with full mo-cap magic, takes a lot of time and expensive resources.

Also, what are they supposed to show? Some unfinished, bad textured new maps? Bad, unfinished heroes?
    Everything they have confirmed to be released this summer, so before S3, like Hero Starfighter and Squad Spawn revamp does not need a trailer or anything.

They did a lot - they made a clear confirmation. And now they have to deliver or it will damage their reputation even more than the release loot box disaster.
    "Lady Gaga said shes addicted to [THC]. And its not harmless." - Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General

"Yeah, ok, Jeff. But Lady Gaga also said: 'I think that men and women deserve to love each other equally'...
    ...So please, Jeff, if you going to live your life according to Gaga quotes, accept the entire canon." - John Oliver.
  • No Jango Fett?
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »
    This sounds good.
    Alot of it was requested by the community at large.
    I know it would not be mentioned at an event, but will DICE ever really dig into alot of the bugs, and take a look at MM. I know it was said it is "working as designed due to research", but I and the majority of people I play games with find your research flawed.
    We play more when the matches are fair and end close.
    We play less when the games stack the deck against one team. This game is the worst for doing this simply by leaving one team at a large numerical disadvantage. This does not get addressed. I am sure it has been heard, but I would like some acknowledgement from DICE the matches will be fairer.

Adding content is great. Continuing MM as is is a no go for me...

I've actually stopped playing Galactic assault altogether. It's rigged. I've been playing strike for the most part. Hopefully GA gets fixed so that it is actually fair.
  • ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »
    I'm EXTREMELY grateful for your guy's continued support for this game. @F8RGE is there any way we can get some more offline modes? (Not that online isn't a priority). Just love that we are getting starfighter assault offline, and would love to see galactic conquest (Not the little matches, but the BIG game mode that can take days to accomplish) to kind of tie in both ground and space battles into a co-op mode I can play with with my dad.

Yes, please.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Please add more modes to arcade! The new mode you are talking about, and the modes that are online would be fun to play offine. Please!

Yes, they would.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • 0badmonkey0
    401 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kerle wrote: »
    Unsure how games that aren't going to be released for another year can have content reveals, but a game that is promising "great content, we hear you", "this year" can't show anything. Please, they didn't do ANYTHING yesterday. Everything he said was already revealed through leaks. Everyone is so happy now because EA placated you with lip service? EA played you.

Because creating in-engine, maybe even with full mo-cap magic, takes a lot of time and expensive resources.

Also, what are they supposed to show? Some unfinished, bad textured new maps? Bad, unfinished heroes?
    Everything they have confirmed to be released this summer, so before S3, like Hero Starfighter and Squad Spawn revamp does not need a trailer or anything.

They did a lot - they made a clear confirmation. And now they have to deliver or it will damage their reputation even more than the release loot box disaster.

1) They have a "Project Team". That means someone is in charge of Media.
    2) If they don't have something to show now, they are in trouble. You get that right?
    software design takes time. I know. That is what I do for a living. That is why I have been so critical of how this has been.
    3) IF they are going to release something this August, it better be ready to go to the final phases of testing NOW.
    4) IF they are going to release a whole "Clone War Season" and they said they would, and release it "this year", so December... most of the work needs to be 75% done for them to be close to on time.

If they have nothing to show us now, they are in trouble, or what we get is going to be minimal in what it offers, and they spoon feed us little titbits like they have been doing that has been absolutely disappointing and underwhelming.

Again: they had content to show you for games that are not going to be release for 18 months... but they couldn't show you a 5 second clip? Sorry. This is EA providing lip service.

This is no disrespect to Dice because they seem to care and this is driven by EA. EA has turned this into a joke. No matter how nice Denise is, or how great his intention or how sincere he was, this was a PATHETIC announcement.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    This is absolutely fantastic news! I can't wait! Thank you so much for listening to the community and taking measures to implement our requests. Well done EA, DICE and Criterion. :smiley:

Is it possible to share any information on anything in development for Arcade? Like Starfighter Assault or the large scale mode Dennis mentioned awhile back? Perhaps support for AI Heroes/Hero Ships/Special Units, expanded match rules and options or online functionality for Co-op and Versus? Any news would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Totally agreed.

Great, great news.
    But dont forget offline players.
    - Galactic Conquest
    - Online coop Arcade with new mode and content.
  • Huscarl wrote: »
    ruler1610 wrote: »
    What about a Jango Fett skin for Boba? So we wouldn't have 2 similar jetpack villians, instead they could add a legendary skin for Boba. And the same could go for Leia with a Padme skin.

Intersting idea but I prefer to have 2 separate villains than skins
    No Jango Fett?

Jango Fett is definitely different enough from Boba to warrant a separate villian
    Also give us a separate Slave 1 that is Jango’s
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Huscarl wrote: »
    ruler1610 wrote: »
    What about a Jango Fett skin for Boba? So we wouldn't have 2 similar jetpack villians, instead they could add a legendary skin for Boba. And the same could go for Leia with a Padme skin.

Intersting idea but I prefer to have 2 separate villains than skins
    No Jango Fett?

Jango Fett is definitely different enough from Boba to warrant a separate villian
    Also give us a separate Slave 1 that is Jango’s

Jango is not different except in name. Boba is Jangos clone son. So Boba looks like him. After Mace killed Jango all Boba did was use the same exact suit his father had. Same abilities and look. So if they add Jango all we would get is another Boba with the same look and abilities but with a different name.
  • I think they should add Padme as a Leia skin and Jango as a Boba skin. If they can't get them into the game as individual heroes because of having to create a new set of powers, then I would be happy to have them as skins with the same powers as Leia and Boba have.
  • Trey44
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    This makes me happy hahah looking forword to it hopefully sooner rather than later
  • I'm looking forward to that roadmap.
  • I have a bad feeling that Anakin will be the Anakin of episode II.
    Since Dennis said : " Obi Wan's padawan, Anakin Skywalker.
    I hope i'm wrong.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling that Anakin will be the Anakin of episode II.
    I hope i'm wrong.

Going to need an emote with Anakin twiddling his thumbs and with the following quote:
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
    I hope i'm wrong.

Going to need an emote with Anakin twiddling his thumbs and with the following quote:
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

i don't care about the quote on sand, but i hope it's not Anakin of episode II :/
    Anakin in episode III is much better!
  • The thing that's really got my curiosity is why the need for a roadmap when they just announced the Clone Wars DLC as Season Three? Are they planning more seasons heading into 2019 since there's not going to be a BF3 even with EP9 being released next year? I wonder how long the roadmap is going to project into the future.
  • YES! Two things I’ve been wishing for. Obi Wan, and Starfighter Heroes vs Villians! Too good. Thank you.
  • More content. Cool. Clone Wars though? Yawn.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • haddon
    24 posts Member
    And so, on geonosis, there is a lot of people, a lot of different species and droids, so we already have her armies going to fight each other, the Clones and the droids ... But will you have any novelties? Droïdekas, geonosian? It's also going to be the biggest map of the game, so you're going to have new land vehicles too, like the spider droids or the IG-227 droid tank and the AT TE Walker for the clones and if on top of all this this battle could welcome 64 players, all this would be superb!
  • @F8RGE Thank you Ben! And make sure to tell Dennis that he did great. The big lingering question I have is how much will Heroes Cost? It was amazing that Finn and Phasma were free during The Last Jedi season but now that EA/Dice are charging for skins it's not too far of a stretch to presume that these Heroes will cost credits to unlock. I don't mind for the heroes to cost credits to upgrade but to be honest... I feel like the price tag on current skins is a bit high. Legendary skins cost 80,000 credits so if someone just buys the game and has no credits it would take a casual gamer like a month or longer just to get that one skin. And then if someone wanted to pay real money to obtain it... $20 for one skin is a bit ridiculous. Most DLC for large games is $20. Now if you sold those legendary skins for like $5 that would be nice option.

With the new Solo Season coming out I do really want the new lando and Han skins but i've been playing everyday a couple of hours a day and only have 145,000 credits saved up and now I'm nervous to spend them because if Clone Wars is right around the corner, and the new Heroes are expensive I would rather save for them instead of Solo skins.

Just a tease would be nice ;)
  • Very Good News for Prequels !

But Please don't forget Episode I (For example Gungans VS Droides Mode big battle in Naboo Plains),
    -Droidekas, Magnaguards, Geonosians, Gamorreans and Ewok in others modes,
    -More Offline Modes (and vertical split screen),
    -More Creatures (Monsters in Geonosis, Wampas, Rancor...)
    -More Mount and Vehicles

xk8ouoj70aaz.jpg

d92x1hz5m5ta.jpg

6ewn9vguo63b.jpg

7wiosoqtr3aj.jpg

• CorpseMaker77
    593 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Begun the Clone Was has!

I am very happy and pleased for EA/Dice listening to us. Now we need to keep voicing our favorite characters to help them bringing them back like in the previous games.

From Clone Wars Era I want/wish my favorite Jedi Master to be added to the game later on...

Ki-Adi-Mundi

We need Mygeeto Map too...

• Maybe it's Episode 1 Anakin!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Very Good News for Prequels !

But Please don't forget Episode I (For example Gungans VS Droides Mode big battle in Naboo Plains),
    -Droidekas, Magnaguards, Geonosians, Gamorreans and Ewok in others modes,
    -More Offline Modes (and vertical split screen),
    -More Creatures (Monsters in Geonosis, Wampas, Rancor...)
    -More Mount and Vehicles

xk8ouoj70aaz.jpg

d92x1hz5m5ta.jpg

6ewn9vguo63b.jpg

7wiosoqtr3aj.jpg

I definitely want more offline content.
  • @redherring87

I've been wondering the same thing, will heroes be free or as expensive as legendary skins? Or will there be challenges to unlock them?

I have about 150k in credits and am very hesitant to spend them as I do not get to play as often as I'd like. Additionally, I'm still troubled about purchasing Leia's Endor skin then having it free with easy time challenges the next week.

@F8RGE
    Can you elaborate on potential costs of upcoming skins/heroes?

Thanks again for all the info.
  • Tigzee
    258 posts Member
    Brilliant email from @F8RGE... looking forward to June Solo Update tomorrow.... and the great stuff at the end of June.... the Force of Battlefront 2 is growing stronger!!! Well done EA and DICE etc. All the new game modes are cool and hopefully will remain accessible for a long time to come... especially newcomers like EWOK HUNT and HvV Showdown!!
  • This sounds like great content, and I'm especially excited about the non-linear game mode.

That being said, call me one of those "toxic" posters, but while all this content sounds exciting I know there are many out there like me who think it's a moot point if it's just going to lead to another way to get steam-rolled with bad match making...

Personally, I'd rather see current content fixed before new content is added. I think EA is focused on attracting new customers (and more $) instead of exciting more current customers. It's a logical tactic, but I will say it may come back to bite them later on since I know I'm not the only one who will definitely never pre-order an EA game again, and will also wait until the game has been out for awhile so I can see how well it's been received on the boards. If I did that with this game, I wouldn't have bought it.
  • Just Epic!
  • MrSATAN1999
    84 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @F8RGE : Thanks for all the good news !
    Can we know yet if the new Heroes will be unloackable with credit so we can spare a few credits if needed ? :)

EDIT : I think the new update answers my question. As Lando's Falcon costs 35 000 credits, we can expect new Heroes to cost at least the same amount but more likely around 100 000 credits... So, I guess I won't buy any skin until Clone Wars season... Too bad
  • I'm so excited for everything!!! Obi-wan kenobi is my favorite Jedi, and General grievous will be so much fun to play!! I can't wait to see what they will do with Anakin and Dooku.
    Please give us episode 3 Anakin as default. If you don't, I will buy it.$$$$$$
  • LeftTurnus wrote: »
    This sounds good.
    Alot of it was requested by the community at large.
    I know it would not be mentioned at an event, but will DICE ever really dig into alot of the bugs, and take a look at MM. I know it was said it is "working as designed due to research", but I and the majority of people I play games with find your research flawed.
    We play more when the matches are fair and end close.
    We play less when the games stack the deck against one team. This game is the worst for doing this simply by leaving one team at a large numerical disadvantage. This does not get addressed. I am sure it has been heard, but I would like some acknowledgement from DICE the matches will be fairer.

Agreed: surely there have been enough of us complaining, for many months, about being on one side or the other in waaaaay too many steamroll matches?
    I thought some improvements had been made a couple of weeks ago, because I managed to get into some really good, close matches in both GA and Strike, consistently for about a week ...but no, this weekend was back to the same old, same old, where I ended up quitting (yet again) from frustration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the new content as much as the next gamer.
    But getting flattened by vastly superior players (who get heroes within seconds in GA, and hog them for the rest of the round), or yawning as we gain victory within minutes of the first GA phase, is not fun at all.
  • I read in an article on today's announcement that Mustafar was coming. Not sure where that came from though.

From a Mustafar dialogue playing at the end of Kessel for the imps.
    Also, are we getting a roadmap?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Great job for the clone wars on Anakin, Count Dooku. That was a surprise for me.

Well Padme Amidala Still be made as a hero down the line?

I would like a GA map on Ryloth also.
    What about a FA on Naboo, so we fly with those yellow starfighter ships?

giphy.gif

Please, not another Leia with a defender pistol.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    @F8RGE - I appreciate it... I'm glad you guys did this...
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • timbad_2 wrote: »
    This sounds good.

Adding content just means steam rolls in new places. The current content would be just as refreshing as new content if we could have maps where you actually enjoy the match.
  • If AT-TEs are too big to be implemented as a playable vehicle, I'll be happy with AT-APs.
  • Now we just need Ahsoka and Ventress.
    I hope i'm wrong.

I think that they should do kid Anakin. In personal opinion, it would be funny to see him take down Emperor Palpatine or Kylo Ren.
    On the note of heroes, they should do a free for all mode. Example, Rey vs. Luke or Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader.
  • Spartan22503
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    We should add Count Dooku to the mix of new heroes in addition to Padmé, General Grevious, Mace Windu, and Qui-Gon Jinn.
    Maybe Jar Jar if they make decent…not possible. He’s too stupid.
    I hope i'm wrong.

I think that they should do kid Anakin. In personal opinion, it would be funny to see him take down Emperor Palpatine or Kylo Ren.
    On the note of heroes, they should do a free for all mode. Example, Rey vs. Luke or Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader.

Skins, just saying.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Well, at this point I really hope they won't make us pay thousands of credits for the new heroes. I mean Lando's Millennium Falcon from the Solo movie is behind a price tag of 35,000 credits. In my opinion that is a bit much and worries me as to how much full-on heroes/villains could cost if a ship costs that much. In my opinion it will definitely be less than the 80,000 credits for a legendary skin. Maybe, just maybe it will be 40,000 credits / hero. That would be kinda reasonable. I really hope it won't be 60,000 per hero (as it cost about the launch of the game, before they reduced the price to quarter of that down to 10,000) as that would be a bit too much, especially given that there will be 2 heroes (Obi-Wan and Anakin) and 2 villains (Dooku and Grievous). At 60,000 a piece that would mean 240,000 credits to have them all unlocked. At 40,000 a piece that would mean 160,000 credits and that would be kinda reasonable, but still a bit too much.
  • catajedi85 wrote: »
    Well, at this point I really hope they won't make us pay thousands of credits for the new heroes. I mean Lando's Millennium Falcon from the Solo movie is behind a price tag of 35,000 credits. In my opinion that is a bit much and worries me as to how much full-on heroes/villains could cost if a ship costs that much. In my opinion it will definitely be less than the 80,000 credits for a legendary skin. Maybe, just maybe it will be 40,000 credits / hero. That would be kinda reasonable. I really hope it won't be 60,000 per hero (as it cost about the launch of the game, before they reduced the price to quarter of that down to 10,000) as that would be a bit too much, especially given that there will be 2 heroes (Obi-Wan and Anakin) and 2 villains (Dooku and Grievous). At 60,000 a piece that would mean 240,000 credits to have them all unlocked. At 40,000 a piece that would mean 160,000 credits and that would be kinda reasonable, but still a bit too much.

I have the same concerns about it... 35 000 credits for the new ship, that's a lot that needs a lot of time to unlock. I can't help but think that Heroes will be more expensive than Legendary skins.
  • Huscarl
    69 posts Member
    catajedi85 wrote: »
    Well, at this point I really hope they won't make us pay thousands of credits for the new heroes. I mean Lando's Millennium Falcon from the Solo movie is behind a price tag of 35,000 credits. In my opinion that is a bit much and worries me as to how much full-on heroes/villains could cost if a ship costs that much. In my opinion it will definitely be less than the 80,000 credits for a legendary skin. Maybe, just maybe it will be 40,000 credits / hero. That would be kinda reasonable. I really hope it won't be 60,000 per hero (as it cost about the launch of the game, before they reduced the price to quarter of that down to 10,000) as that would be a bit too much, especially given that there will be 2 heroes (Obi-Wan and Anakin) and 2 villains (Dooku and Grievous). At 60,000 a piece that would mean 240,000 credits to have them all unlocked. At 40,000 a piece that would mean 160,000 credits and that would be kinda reasonable, but still a bit too much.

I have the same concerns about it... 35 000 credits for the new ship, that's a lot that needs a lot of time to unlock. I can't help but think that Heroes will be more expensive than Legendary skins.

Didn't they say that Heroes won't be as expensive as legendary skins but less?
    Add me :)

Steam id- Taskforce307

Uplay - ArsenalBullet

PS4 - Huscarl01 (Altair profile pic)
  • Clone Wars, Clone Wars heroes and non-linear game modes? I couldn't be happier, thank you for listening to the fans!! I really want this DLC to be something good for the game and hope this brings back some players who have shelved this title.

Will we be seeing the rumored player stat page anytime this year? Or give access to a third party to display player stats on a website since it has been reportedly tracked from day 1.
  • catajedi85 wrote: »

Ben just tweeted that they will be less expensive.
  • xxpredatorxx214
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Im really glad to hear this. It will bring a better aspect to the game as a whole. But I have one MAJOR sugestion, please consider putting Mace Windu and Jango Fett into this update as well! I know it seems repetitive to have two Fetts but Jango and Mace are major fan favorites. Who doesn't want a purple lightsaber?! Please consider these two players, fans would go nuts!
  • What exactly is "Non-linear game mode?"

Is that sorta like Battlefield? Where you have a huge map with lots of players? If so, then I'm really excited so see how this would look like
  • Trev_Swen wrote: »
    What exactly is "Non-linear game mode?"

Is that sorta like Battlefield? Where you have a huge map with lots of players? If so, then I'm really excited so see how this would look like

Het BFll on steam. Play conquest. There is your answer.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Pourquoi tout ce qui est disponible en ligne ne peut-il pas être disponible hors connexion?
    Mettre le mode Assaut et escarmouche héros ce serais un bon début.
    suite ou nouvelle campagne du mode SOLO marre du Multi..........
This discussion has been closed.