criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Fate of the Officer

Prev1
d0kRX
1307 posts Member
Here's what will be happening to the officer:
  1. BP generation of OP will be decreased by 1/3 what it is currently (if not more) to make the class more balanced to the other classes.
  2. The Blurrrg & SE 44C will be nerfed (range, damage, and rate of fire) until they are properly balanced as the lowest damage per second and lowest range and rate of fire of all class weapons.
  3. The flash grenade damage (which only does up to 130 damage) will be reduced to up to 50 damage.
  4. The flash grenade duration of flash will be reduced to a maximum of 3 seconds or less.
  5. The flash grenade recharge time will be increased by an additional 24 seconds of its current.
  6. The flash grenade will no longer slow players down, make players visible to the officer, or prevent players from jumping, running, or using abilities (yeah, it doesn't prevent you from using abilities, unless you're an aerial apparently, but this is for aerials too).
  7. Team players affected by each battle command will no longer award the officer battle points when they eliminate enemies.
  8. Each battle command will get an increased recharge time, with the addition of at least 27 seconds.
  9. The officer's disruption card activation time will be increased by 1.5 times what it is currently, plus the recharge time will be increased by 13 seconds.
  10. The officer's main right ability will be changed to the squad shield, which will encourage team play better than turrets (this also reduces the turret spam of the officer class in general).
  11. Defuser duration of action will be decreased by 3 seconds.
  12. We recognize that the officer's health is too high for being a special class, so we're going to reduce the health by 25 points. After this change it will be 125 hit points.
  13. The S5 recoil will be increased so that it takes more precision and skill to defeat players at distance.
  14. Each battle command will not have an effect on the officer using the command, unless there is at least 4 teammates being buffed.
  15. Each battle command will award the officer reduced battle points when buffing teammates. We will change it to 2.5 points per player buffed. (for example at the beginning of the match if you buff 8 teammates in the spawn, you get 20 battle points for it).

After most of these changes are implemented we shouldn't have a problem with the officer farming heroes or being the most effective trooper anymore. We do hope you enjoy the balance this will create in the game. As always, have a great time on the battlefront!
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

  • It's funny because I can hear the excitement through your words. It's cool. You will regret all those changes. Just wait and see.
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    It's funny because I can hear the excitement through your words. It's cool. You will regret all those changes. Just wait and see.

    @Rivershark56 I understand how you feel. But don’t let that distract you from giving me valid reasons why and doing it nicely.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    I actually thought this was real for a quick sec.

    I’m glad it’s not... but some of this stuff definitely could happen.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    It's funny because I can hear the excitement through your words. It's cool. You will regret all those changes. Just wait and see.

    @Rivershark56 I understand how you feel. But don’t let that distract you from giving me valid reasons why and doing it nicely.

    Oh heavens help me. No more internet today. I'm out.
  • moonalien
    460 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    cosworth99 wrote: »
    You have zero concept about what officer is about. Not sure if troll.

    All that typing - you could have actually been working on your skills instead.

    I have skills

    giphy.gif


    :D
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    moonalien wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    cosworth99 wrote: »
    You have zero concept about what officer is about. Not sure if troll.

    All that typing - you could have actually been working on your skills instead.

    I have skills

    giphy.gif


    :D

    That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Midichlorian
    1403 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    IME when BP-farming officers unlock heroes they don't keep them very long anyway.

    I always use squad shield when capturing objectives, leave turret for defending.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • I agree. Remove the Officer.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    I agree. Remove the Officer.

    Lol
    PSN: d0kRX
  • massika
    226 posts Member
    that's all? nothing more? ......
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    massika wrote: »
    that's all? nothing more? ......

    Uh what more would you suggest?
    PSN: d0kRX
  • MWB33
    1369 posts Member
    My thoughts IF this were to happen:
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Here's what will be happening to the officer:
    1. BP generation of OP will be decreased by 1/3 what it is currently (if not more) to make the class more balanced to the other classes. - fine with this, officer still generates BP faster than any other (except when heavy can light up a MTT/ATAT consistently in a match.
    2. The Blurrrg & SE 44C will be nerfed (range, damage, and rate of fire) until they are properly balanced as the lowest damage per second and lowest range and rate of fire of all class weapons. - making these the lowest off all classes would effectively make them useless.
    3. The flash grenade damage (which only does up to 130 damage) will be reduced to up to 50 damage. - fine
    4. The flash grenade duration of flash will be reduced to a maximum of 3 seconds or less. - fine
    5. The flash grenade recharge time will be increased by an additional 24 seconds of its current. - fine
    6. The flash grenade will no longer slow players down, make players visible to the officer, or prevent players from jumping, running, or using abilities (yeah, it doesn't prevent you from using abilities, unless you're an aerial apparently, but this is for aerials too). - I'm okay with most of this - but I think removing all 3 is overkill. Pick 2.
    7. Team players affected by each battle command will no longer award the officer battle points when they eliminate enemies. - this removes the incentive to use it for most players. I'd at most suggest reducing gained from the assists the BP slightly.
    8. Each battle command will get an increased recharge time, with the addition of at least 27 seconds. - don't recall the current recharge, so this might be too much.
    9. The officer's disruption card activation time will be increased by 1.5 times what it is currently, plus the recharge time will be increased by 13 seconds. - fine
    10. The officer's main right ability will be changed to the squad shield, which will encourage team play better than turrets (this also reduces the turret spam of the officer class in general). - officer turret pales in comparison to the heavy turret, so I'd be fine with being able to use the shield without a card slot.
    11. Defuser duration of action will be decreased by 3 seconds. - fine
    12. We recognize that the officer's health is too high for being a special class, so we're going to reduce the health by 25 points. After this change it will be 125 hit points. - nope...more on this below.
    13. The S5 recoil will be increased so that it takes more precision and skill to defeat players at distance. - so long as it gets an attachment to counter, then okay.
    14. Each battle command will not have an effect on the officer using the command, unless there is at least 4 teammates being buffed. - I say drop this to 2.
    15. Each battle command will award the officer reduced battle points when buffing teammates. We will change it to 2.5 points per player buffed. (for example at the beginning of the match if you buff 8 teammates in the spawn, you get 20 battle points for it). - again, I feel this is overkill.

    After most of these changes are implemented we shouldn't have a problem with the officer farming heroes or being the most effective trooper anymore. We do hope you enjoy the balance this will create in the game. As always, have a great time on the battlefront!

    The health & blurg/44c alone will be enough to make a lot of people stop using officer. Combine them, and the overwhelming majority of people will NEVER touch the officer. Doing all of this would also mean anyone using the officer would be in a squad with friends, probably 3 friends sitting at the back of the map sniping...contributing nothing to the objective.

    Do all of what is in this list...well you might as well just remove the officer from the game completely. In place of the officer slot you can just have a box that says click here to add a death to your total without spawning. In fact, you could've saved several minutes of typing just by saying: Remove the Officer.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    My thoughts IF this were to happen:
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Here's what will be happening to the officer:
    1. BP generation of OP will be decreased by 1/3 what it is currently (if not more) to make the class more balanced to the other classes. - fine with this, officer still generates BP faster than any other (except when heavy can light up a MTT/ATAT consistently in a match.
    2. The Blurrrg & SE 44C will be nerfed (range, damage, and rate of fire) until they are properly balanced as the lowest damage per second and lowest range and rate of fire of all class weapons. - making these the lowest off all classes would effectively make them useless.
    3. The flash grenade damage (which only does up to 130 damage) will be reduced to up to 50 damage. - fine
    4. The flash grenade duration of flash will be reduced to a maximum of 3 seconds or less. - fine
    5. The flash grenade recharge time will be increased by an additional 24 seconds of its current. - fine
    6. The flash grenade will no longer slow players down, make players visible to the officer, or prevent players from jumping, running, or using abilities (yeah, it doesn't prevent you from using abilities, unless you're an aerial apparently, but this is for aerials too). - I'm okay with most of this - but I think removing all 3 is overkill. Pick 2.
    7. Team players affected by each battle command will no longer award the officer battle points when they eliminate enemies. - this removes the incentive to use it for most players. I'd at most suggest reducing gained from the assists the BP slightly.
    8. Each battle command will get an increased recharge time, with the addition of at least 27 seconds. - don't recall the current recharge, so this might be too much.
    9. The officer's disruption card activation time will be increased by 1.5 times what it is currently, plus the recharge time will be increased by 13 seconds. - fine
    10. The officer's main right ability will be changed to the squad shield, which will encourage team play better than turrets (this also reduces the turret spam of the officer class in general). - officer turret pales in comparison to the heavy turret, so I'd be fine with being able to use the shield without a card slot.
    11. Defuser duration of action will be decreased by 3 seconds. - fine
    12. We recognize that the officer's health is too high for being a special class, so we're going to reduce the health by 25 points. After this change it will be 125 hit points. - nope...more on this below.
    13. The S5 recoil will be increased so that it takes more precision and skill to defeat players at distance. - so long as it gets an attachment to counter, then okay.
    14. Each battle command will not have an effect on the officer using the command, unless there is at least 4 teammates being buffed. - I say drop this to 2.
    15. Each battle command will award the officer reduced battle points when buffing teammates. We will change it to 2.5 points per player buffed. (for example at the beginning of the match if you buff 8 teammates in the spawn, you get 20 battle points for it). - again, I feel this is overkill.

    After most of these changes are implemented we shouldn't have a problem with the officer farming heroes or being the most effective trooper anymore. We do hope you enjoy the balance this will create in the game. As always, have a great time on the battlefront!

    The health & blurg/44c alone will be enough to make a lot of people stop using officer. Combine them, and the overwhelming majority of people will NEVER touch the officer. Doing all of this would also mean anyone using the officer would be in a squad with friends, probably 3 friends sitting at the back of the map sniping...contributing nothing to the objective.

    Do all of what is in this list...well you might as well just remove the officer from the game completely. In place of the officer slot you can just have a box that says click here to add a death to your total without spawning. In fact, you could've saved several minutes of typing just by saying: Remove the Officer.

    This is a pretty decent reply thanks @MWB33.

    Your reply is what I want all the players asking for nerfs to understand. But what we need more of are solid explanations why any single one of these points shouldn’t happen.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    yqxk3hi6jebb.jpg
    The look on your face when they are done destroying this game due nerfs
    I purchased on Nov 19th and didn't play the officer class for 2 months - thought it was underpowered; now there's another nerf on the way???
    ***The officer is good the way it is; Palp was good; Bobba was good; the Wookies are good*** The only thing wrong with the game is unbalanced matches and folks that hate to lose. (I'm guilty - cus' I hate to lose due to unbalanced matches - otherwise I like a good fight and xxxkickin')
    Enough of the nerfs - let's talk about a good strategy to balance the game?

    yes let’s do talk about that!
    PSN: d0kRX
  • BeastlyCrawdad
    2722 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • VaperEyes
    590 posts Member
    Yeah, the Devs have to deal with the psychology of gamers, fans, and people that just like to see things blow up in SW.
    The officer gives good balance when used correctly - like everything else. If they remove the officer, the farming will continue with some other ridiculous exploit (dead horse arriving). A dozen nerfs in a 3-month period and still no real balance because 'I hate to lose - right?'
    *Now I see Bossk all over the map (one of my favorite - but my goodness) - balance is a good gas mask not a nerf
    *Lord Sidious a month ago - balance is Yoda's ability to block lightning not a nerf
    *Boba Fett 3 months ago - balance is a Boba Fett-type bounty hunter for the other side not a nerf
    *Rey and Kylo should die at the same moment not another nerf
    *Dark sunglasses (blinders) to counter flash grenades not a nerf
    *The blurg is a joke if a blurg is shooting back at you (no nerf required)
    Not trying to hear myself think out loud - but the game is good with balance

  • GenxDarchi
    7331 posts Member
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    :'(
    dekc6qngbyez.png
    ........
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Raylol
    772 posts Member
    I bet my Xbox one this is a troll post
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Gemini Christmas what a thrashing this would be. Take the Officer’s lunch money while you’re at it.

    I’m absolutely for all classes being balanced, but that shouldn’t require glassing one of them.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    Raylol wrote: »
    I bet my Xbox one this is a troll post

    Lol
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Gemini Christmas what a thrashing this would be. Take the Officer’s lunch money while you’re at it.

    I’m absolutely for all classes being balanced, but that shouldn’t require glassing one of them.

    You know it’s too bad that the nerf herders pretty much want this to happen.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • The Fate of the Officer Furious
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    I have to hand it to you guys you’re real funny.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I have to hand it to you guys you’re real funny.

    When we gonna play HvV together?
    Psn: Jello770
  • Even Maul couldn't come back from this...
  • Versatti
    1809 posts Member
    Think it needs a Homing Missile nerf too. Maybe reduce it by 1 missile and slow lock on by a further 2.5 seconds. Also it shouldn’t be allowed to target heroes.
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I have to hand it to you guys you’re real funny.

    When we gonna play HvV together?

    You playing tonight? And just so you know, I’m not very good a heroes yet.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Jello770 wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I have to hand it to you guys you’re real funny.

    When we gonna play HvV together?

    You playing tonight? And just so you know, I’m not very good a heroes yet.

    I can’t sadly but I’ll be on for a few hours tommorow, and I’ll try to catch you then. And that’s no problem at all!
    Psn: Jello770
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.

    I thought it was 25. I normally get 25 when I buff a teammate. Maybe I am wrong. That happens a lot.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.

    I thought it was 25. I normally get 25 when I buff a teammate. Maybe I am wrong. That happens a lot.

    Can anybody confirm it? cuz that means we don't need a nerf, am I right? :blush:
    PSN: d0kRX
  • GenxDarchi
    7331 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.

    I thought it was 25. I normally get 25 when I buff a teammate. Maybe I am wrong. That happens a lot.

    Can anybody confirm it? cuz that means we don't need a nerf, am I right? :blush:
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.

    I thought it was 25. I normally get 25 when I buff a teammate. Maybe I am wrong. That happens a lot.

    It is 15
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.

    I thought it was 25. I normally get 25 when I buff a teammate. Maybe I am wrong. That happens a lot.

    Can anybody confirm it? cuz that means we don't need a nerf, am I right? :blush:
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    I think that the damage of the Blurgg is fine. They should not ruin a gun because everyone likes to use it, and no one likes to get killed by it. Destiny did that, and those guns became useless and obsolete. I think that it should have either reduced range or a wider spread.
    The officer should not have health taken away, and, yes, they should only get like 10-15bp for each trooper in the radius of inspiring presence (25 is way too much). Do this, and he will be balanced. Also, inspiring presence should only give 100 health. This is my opinion on what should happen.

    He already only gains 15 bp. Only with 2x can he gain 30.

    I thought it was 25. I normally get 25 when I buff a teammate. Maybe I am wrong. That happens a lot.

    It is 15

    Sweet, well that definitely sounds reasonable. So we can gladly put to rest that part of the points I made.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • KrolJulian1916
    1142 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Raylol wrote: »
    I bet my Xbox one this is a troll post

    What's your GT
  • The officer will lose there guns and just have a map
    Special abilities points in the direction of objective
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    Something needs to be done about bp gain.

    Assault is my favorite class, but I feel like I need to play officer in order to get the hero first.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • TjPunx
    1243 posts Member
    Something needs to be done about bp gain.

    Assault is my favorite class, but I feel like I need to play officer in order to get the hero first.

    Maybe don’t try for the hero
  • Toddyrocket
    2251 posts Member
    It would be interesting if they left the officer alone
    but you couldn't be a hero
    How many people would still use them

  • It would be interesting if they left the officer alone
    but you couldn't be a hero
    How many people would still use them

    I actually like to use the officer in a support role. I don’t use the BLURRG or Se-44c, I have improved battle command and inspiring presence, etc. the only imbalance I see between officers and the other classes is the weirdly accurate range on their blasters.

    Are we really saying that some damage isn’t deserved if you stand in front of the flash grenade for the 45 years that it takes to detonate?

    Or that there’s nothing that trumps the turret ability? Heavies have a turret designed to kill turrets that happens to also take on an identity of its own and kill everything it sees.

    Assault troopers have a shotgun.

    Specialists could use some work but that melee design seems to work well.

    Officer guns maybe do a little too much damage for being all the way across the map, but other than that, they should be earning points for what they do. They buff teammates and get points, nice. They have an ability that reduces cooldown rates for everyone around them, they get points. Nice. They’re able to hold their own on a one on one a bit too well. Okay, but all of their support (turret with woke flares that almost screams its presence when it comes into view, ancient flash grenade that could decide to deploy this round, if you’re nice) makes up for it. I go either way on the two blasters that everyone wants banished to hell, but let the rest of the officer be.
    I don't know what Battlefront II is.
  • Toddyrocket
    2251 posts Member
    I personally don't care about officers guns ,flash grenade or turret
    Just there bp gain
    Tone it down a tad then let them run free
  • Devlin21
    8305 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Something needs to be done about bp gain.

    Assault is my favorite class, but I feel like I need to play officer in order to get the hero first.

    Maybe don’t try for the hero

    I'll do what I want.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    Goblin_Boy wrote: »
    They actually just announced that the flash grenade will no longer blind enemies. In addition, instead of firing, the officer’s turret will now alert the enemy team to your location, in an effort to keep the game more balanced.
    I’m perhaps most excited to announce that activating battle command will kill you instantly, both in game and real life. Please remember to give feedback!

    Quality comment, enjoyed very much :)
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • d0kRX
    1307 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    I'll try to argue why some of these points don't make sense (which reading your responses is what you were looking for).
    1. BP generation of OP will be decreased by 1/3 what it is currently (if not more) to make the class more balanced to the other classes.


      5 points for activation is ridiculous. Might as well remove the points at that point.
    2. The Blurrrg & SE 44C will be nerfed (range, damage, and rate of fire) until they are properly balanced as the lowest damage per second and lowest range and rate of fire of all class weapons.

      While applying all the changes doesn't make sense (make the gun useless and you'll have a class that all it does is buff people when the abilities are ready), limiting their effectiveness to short range would be the best idea. Makes Assault the advancing party, Heavy the one holding the objectives and Specialist some kind of wild card that can either infiltrate or snipe. Officer should be near their teammates in a supporting role while also being deadly in close quarters (while defending their team).
    3. The flash grenade damage (which only does up to 130 damage) will be reduced to up to 50 damage.

      That isn't the main reason anybody uses the grenade. It's hard to argue against it, since it rarely kills anyone by damage alone.
    4. The flash grenade duration of flash will be reduced to a maximum of 3 seconds or less.

      I don't see a problem there either.
    5. The flash grenade recharge time will be increased by an additional 24 seconds of its current.

      That doesn't even make sense. This would effectively be the longest cooldown on any ability for the whole game. Fairly unbalanced I would say. Oh, and you could bypass it by just using a recharge command.
    6. The flash grenade will no longer slow players down, make players visible to the officer, or prevent players from jumping, running, or using abilities (yeah, it doesn't prevent you from using abilities, unless you're an aerial apparently, but this is for aerials too).

      Some of these could be applied or be swapped with the Specialist's grenade and it would make sense.
    7. Team players affected by each battle command will no longer award the officer battle points when they eliminate enemies.

      I don't know about that. Blast Command should reward assist points on any blaster using player (you just boosted their heat bar to the yellow state) and Recharge could probably give assist points if you kill someone using an ability (which is probably too hard to code). Battle Command arguably should give assist points while the buff is active. You just gave someone 100 more health to survive a shootout.
    8. Each battle command will get an increased recharge time, with the addition of at least 27 seconds.

      Same as the grenade and it makes zero sense to highly increase the cooldown of the ONLY active support ability on the support class.
    9. The officer's disruption card activation time will be increased by 1.5 times what it is currently, plus the recharge time will be increased by 13 seconds.

      Sure, increase the current time of an already long cast ability which basically makes you a dead body if the timing isn't perfect. Don't touch the recharge rate either. It is not spammable as it is now. Sorry for the sarcasm, but if seems obvious that this is not a good idea.
    10. The officer's main right ability will be changed to the squad shield, which will encourage team play better than turrets (this also reduces the turret spam of the officer class in general).

      I am okay with that. I don't understand why the turret was chosen as the main right hand ability. I don't know if squad shield should it though. It's too situational and brainless people usually throw in the worst possible place at the worst possible moment. I would rather give them Defuser or Disruption so they at least try to help the team by either deactivating bombs or blasters.
    11. Defuser duration of action will be decreased by 3 seconds.

      Why touch a card that rarely anybody uses for how situational it is?
    12. We recognize that the officer's health is too high for being a special class, so we're going to reduce the health by 25 points. After this change it will be 125 hit points.

      I don't know about that. On one hand I think it makes sense but on the other I think it doesn't. It's like adding 25 HP to Specialist.
    13. The S5 recoil will be increased so that it takes more precision and skill to defeat players at distance.

      I am not sure. I feel that Officer should be encouraged to play near their team and be only deadly at close quarters, but rarely anyone uses the S5 and it already requires a certain level of skill.
    14. Each battle command will not have an effect on the officer using the command, unless there is at least 4 teammates being buffed.

      I would reduce the limit to 1 teammate. 4 teammates it's quite situational and you might just be following a hero and buffing him. Also, I'm tired of saying this all the time people complain about the Officer, but the main Battle Command without any cards doesn't buff the Officer in any way.
    15. Each battle command will award the officer reduced battle points when buffing teammates. We will change it to 2.5 points per player buffed. (for example at the beginning of the match if you buff 8 teammates in the spawn, you get 20 battle points for it).

    That is one of the worst changes you are proposing. So in order to get as many points as 1 single Presence activation you need to catch 6 teammates in your cone. Having up to 6 teammates together inside your range in any map is situational. Unless there is a capture the zone objective (which not all maps have) your team will be spread. Oh, and let's not forget that the vanilla commands have a reduced cone of action. If the idea is to remove free points when spawning, have some kind of cooldown on point gain when spawning. Keep close to the time needed to get back into action, that way the command might actually be useful.

    @TheScape yes this is exactly what I wanted. And hopefully, like you said in your comment, the players that really think of this realize how much it doesn’t make sense.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »

    What are your counter arguments?

    First, take away context that makes it sound like you are a dev. "We" doesn't need to be in there. You are projecting as if you have an actual say in this or are speaking for the collective "We". You don't. Use "I".

    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!