criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The Road Ahead - Roadmap Not Necessary

Scoundrel
254 posts Member
EA Play will have some surprises in store for us regarding reveals, and I think people are starting to come around to the idea that will get some Season 3 news at EA Play. We won't be getting an official roadmap, and I don't think that it's the end of the world if we don't. Improved communication is something that the team is working hard to achieve, and it's something that the community needs and deserves. But we don't need a roadmap. Based on all that I've heard, seen, and read, including tips and winks for Devs, game changers, and play testers—not to mention a healthy dose of deductive reasoning—The Road Ahead for the next 6 months is actually quite clear.

Beyond this, I think completely up in the air and will be largely based on the reaction of the community to Season 3 and the purchasing of Emotes/Skins/Victory Poses.

Believe it. Don't. That's all cool... I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. There are plenty of reasons to doubt everything that you read when it comes to leaks and the like. Everything is so fluid that it's tough to pinpoint some exact details, and I'm not claiming that this is THE way it will go down. Just a very likely path.

So if all goes well...

ROADMAP FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS

JUNE/JULY

HAN SOLO SEASON 2, PART 2 (playable at EA play, details announced prior to the event)
CONTENT:
4 Legendary Skins + 1 Rare (and/or) Epic Skin have been confirmed. (likely young Han, Lando, & Chewie, trooper).
1 New Vehicle (Falcon)
A New World (Kessel). 1-2 maps
Multiple New Modes (Extraction, Starfighter Hero Assault)
Extraction will be playable on the new world, with maybe 2-3 others, to start.
The latest (and final?) round of "No Hologram" UI.
1 Han Solo themed "Ported" map (likely carbon freeze chamber)

JULY/AUGUST
OFF-MONTH CONTENT DROP (from early-July to early/mid-August when Season 3 drops)
Wampa Hunt - Twilight on Hoth (SWBF2015)
Drop Zone "Temporary" Operations Mode 1-2 (SWBF2015) maps
Strike maps added.

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER
SEASON 3: CLONE WARS (announced and detailed at EA PLAY) to span early-August through late-September. Will be massive.
CONTENT:

Part 1
Purchasable Emotes/Skins/Victory Poses
Conquest Mode (online only)
Geonosis for Galactic Assault, Strike, HvV, HS, Blast, Conquest
2 Heroes - Obi-Wan & Grevious at season launch
Clone Customization skins (Legions)
Sentinel Class across all eras, including Droidekas.
Geonosians as Reinforcements
Utupau for GA/Strike/Conquest

Part 2
2 Heroes: Jango and Padme
Additional emotes, skins, poses for all 4 heroes
Coruscant for Starfighter Assault
Hero Ships: Kenobi Jedi Starfighter, Grevious 'Soulless One', Jango Slave I variant, Padme Naboo Fighter.
Cameo Skin from Solo
Naboo Generator Room added for all Blast, Strike, and Arcade modes.
N-1 Fighter added to Starfighter Arcade
Geonosian Hunt Mode

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
OFF-MONTH CONTENT DROPS
Large SWBF2015 maps ported for Galactic Assault / Conquest
Heroes: Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku
Legendary, Epic, and Rare Skins
Emotes and Victory Poses
Cargo as temporary Game Mode (Operations)
Additional Extraction maps
Era Playlists
Jawa Hunt
Tusken Raider Hunt

DECEMBER/JANUARY
SEASON 4: ROGUE ONE. (2 year anniversary of films' release)
CONTENT:
Part 1:
Heroes: Jyn Erso, Director Krennic
Scarif for Galactic Assault/Extraction/Conquest/Strike.
Battle of Scarif Starfighter Assault map.

Part 2
Heroes: Cassian Andor, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus
Jedha City for Galactic Assault (with Strike variant) map.

...and if I had to guess. PURE SPECULATION:
FEBRUARY/MARCH/APRIL
OFF-MONTH CONTENT DROPS
Skins, Emotes, Poses
SWBF2015 maps for Galactic Assault/Conquest
Starfighter Assault for Arcade
Conquest for Arcade
Heroes: Qui-Gon, Ashoka, Mace Windu, Cad Bane, Ventress
Additional Hunt Modes

MAY/JUNE
SEASON 5: SEQUEL TRILOGY
CONTENT:
Legendary Skins for Han, Luke, Leia
Maps..? Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    How come you didn’t include Mister Bones in this?
    Psn: Jello770
  • Big fan of this post!! Thanks @Scoundrel!
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    Yes ,..
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I'm going to choose to be optimistic and say I hope you are right! This is absolutely possible.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2290 posts Member
    Sounds good, just hope dz/cargo will be permanent modes and not temps. Also the addition of private matches is huge imo, hope thats on the their list sooner rather than later.
  • Drop Zone and Cargo will start as Temp modes, then would eventually be added to the Operations rotation. Everything in Operations will be together until Hunt has enough for its own playlist.
  • I'm going to choose to be optimistic and say I hope you are right! This is absolutely possible.

It is definitely possible. Maybe it's not 100% accurate, but this is more than just wishful thinking or fun speculation. The community needs to stay positive. A lot of great things are coming our way if we don't torpedo the game before we get there.

The negativity that seems to be prevalent is not helping the situation. Stay positive! May the Force Be With You!
  • Empire_TW
    6081 posts Member
    They finally have a decent foundation to work with, they just need to build the house on top of it now.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • You basically told EA how to win. Let's see if they are watching.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Billkwando
    1742 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow that's a lot of wishful thinking. If you expect half that, then all will definitely not "go well". This game already has one foot in the grave. I'd be surprised if we got 2 more heroes/1 new map (beyond the Solo season), period. I also expect them to continue to ignore Starfighter Assault completely.

I'm seeing us getting new Solo and Lando skins (oh, and Maul), MAYBE one new (non-SA of course) map, and IF we're lucky, a few more recycled 2015 maps, and any other assets they can crib from that (heads, skins, etc).

Actually no, we're definitely getting more (probably recycled) skins, cos they're itching to sell stuff
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • It should be Mace and Jango.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I approve of this message
  • I like this very much. It's the spark of hope that will light the fire of the barbecue of good times and perfectly seasoned steaks that will serve the many plates of the guests gathered around the patio in the backyard that is Battlefront 2!!
    idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • It should be Mace and Jango.

I would prefer Mace and Jango to Padme and Jango as well. I don't think Mace has the traction that Padme has... Besides I think Padme and Jango have been in the works/plans for a while now.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    They finally have a decent foundation to work with, they just need to build the house on top of it now.

That's exactly right... You don't rebuild the framework unless you plan on giving it a fair chance to sink or swim on its own. They aren't walking away from this game. It's Star Wars. There a lot of money to be made. If they walk away, they screw themselves. That won't happen.
  • I like this very much. It's the spark of hope that will light the fire of the barbecue of good times and perfectly seasoned steaks that will serve the many plates of the guests gathered around the patio in the backyard that is Battlefront 2!!

God Speed, Rebels.
  • deadbydawn wrote: »
    Big fan of this post!! Thanks @Scoundrel!

Anytime! Thanks for the support!
  • Like 100%
  • But is there a skin selector?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Too bad they let the game die before doing anything about it..too late

Now I want steak!