criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Where Are The Infantry Skins?

2Next

Replies

• S2P2 reveal dropped this morning, and no surprises there. I'm excited for Extraction (hopefully it soon gets more maps) and Kessel looks pretty Crait. Whoops, I meant great. It looks great. Yes, the hero skins look fantastic, but without being able to use them as we please and as they were intended, we're basically just collecting them for a Skin Diorama. You guys need to sort that out.

But anyways, back on topic. Real talk. Not one infantry skin based off of SOLO? Range Trooper? Mud Trooper? Patrol Trooper? Mimban Stormtrooper?

Now, SOLO aside, I still need to ask, where are all of the infantry skins? I get that the Clone skins have been held back for our inevitable PT Season, but is this all we get for the other factions? I, along with I'm sure many others, spend the majority of my time playing as infantry. We need more infantry skins.

Sullustan? Is he being held back simply because he's heavily requested? He's in the game. We've seen him pop up on spawn screens. Ishi Tib? I'm sure that's not a straight copy and paste port over type situ, but the model being done for BF15 has to make the process easier. Bring him over. How about a Gran? 3 colour variations of the Mon Calamari? How about simply changing the colour of our beloved Twi'lek? Green, orange, pink, purple, white etcetera. BOOM! There are 5 new Epic skins all based on one character model.

I've heard whispers that the Shadowtrooper is being phased out as Canon, but what about the Shock Trooper? Death Star Trooper? Various Imperial Officer rankings? Again, some of these can be as simple as colour changes to their attire. Rebel Pilots? ATAT Drivers? TIE Pilots? Death Star Gunners?

Man, just toss a different hat on a Resistance fighter and people will buy it.

That's **** to not include something in a GAME because it isn't canon. Yet they put darth maul in solo. Sometimes being canon isn't a good idea.

A Star Wars game won’t implement things that aren’t canon. Makes sense. I mean, the events themselves aren’t canon, but the elements are.

It's a stupid "rule." It's just a skin my god.
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member
    + 1 million HUES . Desperately need infantry skins !
  • WodiQuix
    4572 posts Member
    Totally agree. The Hero skins look cool, but I don't play as Heroes. I'd really like some variety in my trooper class skins. They could have added the range trooper, patrol trooper, mimban stormtrooper, mud trooper, and the Imperial officers in trench coats and caps. I would blow all my credits on more infantry skins.
  • Give us pancake face.
  • WodiQuix
    4572 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Sullustan? Is he being held back simply because he's heavily requested? He's in the game. We've seen him pop up on spawn screens. Ishi Tib? I'm sure that's not a straight copy and paste port over type situ, but the model being done for BF15 has to make the process easier. Bring him over. How about a Gran? 3 colour variations of the Mon Calamari? How about simply changing the colour of our beloved Twi'lek? Green, orange, pink, purple, white etcetera. BOOM! There are 5 new Epic skins all based on one character model.

Shock Trooper? Death Star Trooper? Various Imperial Officer rankings? Again, some of these can be as simple as colour changes to their attire. Rebel Pilots? ATAT Drivers? TIE Pilots? Death Star Gunners?

Man, just toss a different hat on a Resistance fighter and people will buy it.
    +1 MILLION

Rebel X-Wing Pilot, no helmet - Rare Officer skin. 20k credits or $5. Change the orange to red and you've got a B-Wing Pilot, there's another $5. White and it's a Y-Wing Pilot, call it Epic for $10, and blue gives you a U-Wing Pilot for another $10. Green and it's my beloved A-Wing Pilot for another $10. Make versions with all the different helmets and call those all Epic, $10 each.

For the cost of making one skin you get five skins and $40 per player that buys them. For the cost of making five helmets you get another five skins and $50 per player. Rinse and repeat for Resistance Pilots and there's another 10 skins with potential to make you another $90 per player. And THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING.

Recolor the Rebel Officer uniform to tan on tan, again to tan on brown, and again to blue-on-blue, there's three more skins that players can use to show their rank. Make the tan-on-tan the new default, put tan-on brown at Uncommon/$3, blue/blue at Rare/$5,and the current tan/blue becomes an Epic skin for $10. Recoloring turns one default skin into a very satisfying three buyable skins and $18 for EA. Throw a Phoenix Trooper helmet on the blue/blue skin and charge us $10, making a total of $28 per player that's buying. Heck maybe slap on a Captain uniform (the one Leia's guards wore in 2015).

And that's just one faction. Do the same for all factions. Imperials: black, olive, gray, plus a version of all three with field armor like we see on Yavin. Clones: blue, white, gray, plus versions with head and face tattoos. First Order: black, gray, teal. Etc, etc.

Make a TIE Pilot with assets from Iden, Rare $5 Officer skin. Recolor the black to white and gray, we've got the AT-AT Driver, $10 Heavy skin. Same with First Order Pilot and Walker Driver.

Give us Pauldrons for our Assault Stormtroopers. Black, white, and orange for Imperials, and White, black, and red for First Order. There's six more sins, say two for $5, two for $10, and two for $20 each. Six skins and $70, just for recoloring a shoulder pad.

Rodians in green, blue, teal, yellow, and greeny-yellow. Zabraks in brown, rose, yellow, red. Twi'leks in blue, green, teal, tan, and maybe other colors too. Duros in blue and teal and green. Mirialans in yellow and olive and green, with different patterns on their faces.

Bring back all the human options from the 2015 game.

There are so many options, and so much money that could fund future game development. Just with recolorings alone. YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO IT.

+1 billion hues!
  • Anybody else miss the Ishi Tib? His emotes were so triggering :D
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Ishi Tib for life +1

Ishi Tib for life +1

+1