criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

EA PLAY 2018 - Discussion Thread

Replies

• Rook008
    838 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    Why were fewer people not cheering and clapping for Dennis's reveals at the event?

I was wondering that too, then realized that most of the crowd was pretty quiet for most of the event.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Why were fewer people not cheering and clapping for Dennis's reveals at the event? He said we'd be getting OBI-WAN KENOBI. Is there no pleasing these people? Are they really that bitter with the game they won't give him a bit of admiration? So pumped for the General and the Count, and I'm sure Anakin will be a ton of fun to play with.

YES! Ppl like these disgust me. It's just sick at this point.
    WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!
  • We getting new guns too? Just asking, 4 heroes is nice though hope they're soonish after 2.2 this is making me want to play again!
  • KlownShueS
    1919 posts Member
    Why were fewer people not cheering and clapping for Dennis's reveals at the event? He said we'd be getting OBI-WAN KENOBI. Is there no pleasing these people? Are they really that bitter with the game they won't give him a bit of admiration? So pumped for the General and the Count, and I'm sure Anakin will be a ton of fun to play with.

Right?!? Anyways I keep hearing "hello there" as an emote for obi. So pumped right now.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    RIFRIG wrote: »
    Well that was disappointing.....Meh

Dude. C'mon.

Wanted to see the new game........all we got was a title
  • T0TALfps
    1193 posts EA Community Manager
    Cinematic trailer for the upcoming title, Anthem:
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Anthem, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • T0TALfps
    Here's some brand new footage for Grand Operations within Battlefield 5:
    beq77m6aitvn.png
  • RIFRIG wrote: »

Dude. C'mon.

Why dis the lack of content for that game on these forums that are for BF2 specifically?
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    T0TALfps wrote: »

Any Kessel gameplay?
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

Right?!? Anyways I keep hearing "hello there" as an emote for obi. So pumped right now.

Probably because for a lot of people there they are there for new games not old game content, unfortunately a lot of people have left this game in the dust that's a fact, but those of sticking around get what we waited for I suppose!
  • AwesomeA9991
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Any Kessel gameplay?

Not yet. Maybe tomorrow?

#Hype4Kessel

In BF updates newest video he said 4:45 pm today.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member

Dude. C'mon.

Why dis the lack of content for that game on these forums that are for BF2 specifically?

Read the thread title?
  • KlownShueS
    1919 posts Member
    Very happy about a verbal road map. Now many of us will get back on the game and not complain because we know what's coming. Its what we wanted to know what's coming to keep us here.

Guess what? With all the clone skins you are about to be rich cause I need every single clone skin. I'm not good enough to get enough to get that many credits so I will be buying 50 dollars worth of crystals from released date of clone wars every month till I have every clone. Cause I only have 50 something credits.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    Cinematic trailer for the upcoming title, Anthem:

One thing I want to know about anthem is will levelling up matter I hate destiny in that I can be level blah blah, but level 1 enemies still do the same and take the same damage as my level enemies, I'm old school RPG I like out levelling and feeling superior to things
    Very happy about a verbal road map. Now many of us will get back on the game and not complain because we know what's coming. Its what we wanted to know what's coming to keep us here.

Guess what? With all the clone skins you are about to be rich cause I need every single clone skin. I'm not good enough to get enough to get that many credits so I will be buying 50 dollars worth of crystals from released date of clone wars every month till I have every clone. Cause I only have 50 something credits.

More power to ya bud. B)
  • InFernoZ
    277 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    My lord is that legal? 4 heroes, a roadmap, conquest, gamemodes. Queue, Duel of The Fates
    Luke main
  • T0TALfps

Any Kessel gameplay?

Not yet. Maybe tomorrow?

#Hype4Kessel

There wont be any gameplay footage for Kessel shown on the livestream, but there will be your favorite youtubers covering Kessel with new gameplay soon. Keep your eyes peeled here and on YouTube.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
  • IronSoldier
    3264 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Updated saber combat along 4 new saber users. I approve.

I feel the same as long as the roll and saber combat's fixed. Day 25 of my 77 day break till it's fixed aka August. Least it's during summer lol :D . Crazy how people assume the community has no patience.
  • RIFRIG wrote: »
    Jedi Fallen Order

I hope this has split screen!!
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Walter72
    140 posts Member
    Anakin is very disappointing. He is Darth Vader. Anakin should be a skin for Darth. Mace would have been a better choice.
  • For those of you who missed https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/past-present-future
    also spawning on squad mates confirmed.
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    I'd love for Conquest to launch with minimal to no Heroes. I'd also love to see a ton more infantry skins and weapons.
  • RIFRIG
    480 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »

You’re disappointing.

Throwing your weight around again.........

• Walter72 wrote: »
    Anakin is very disappointing. He is Darth Vader. Anakin should be a skin for Darth. Mace would have been a better choice.

Naw dawg, he's got to be separate, Anakin has an entirely different lightsaber fighting style, he's faster, more agile, and he is a hero, not villain. at least until end of Ep. 3, but 3 years of clone wars which will be the period of time the DLC will be, he is hero, so makes perfect sense to make him separate.
  • Mastahpeece
    1952 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    I'd love for Conquest to launch with minimal to no Heroes. I'd also love to see a ton more infantry skins and weapons.

2 heroes per side would be nice so they can era lock it
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I haven't watched anything yet, but also haven't seen it mentioned here yet either: Droideka still MIA?
  • AwesomeA9991
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Heyyyyyy Jar Jar is in clone wars era...…….

Jar Jar DLC anyone??? :D

i57tw0aaob4a.png
  • I haven't watched anything yet, but also haven't seen it mentioned here yet either: Droideka still MIA?

Yup.
  • KlownShueS
    1919 posts Member

Any offline bots? In multi-player? Anything like that? Cause I really do hate online play. A game needs some offline other than a campaign to truly hold my interest what so ever. It makes or breaks a game. IE like cod gears battlefronts something like that. Yeah I play online but I play offline more.
  • No stream of Kessel tonight, check Battlefront Updates twitter. See you guys when we see Kessel tomorrow.
  • T0TALfps
    KlownShueS wrote: »

Any offline bots? In multi-player? Anything like that? Cause I really do hate online play. A game needs some offline other than a campaign to truly hold my interest what so ever. It makes or breaks a game. IE like cod gears battlefronts something like that. Yeah I play online but I play offline more.

You're possibly better off checking out the official site and forums for Battlefield 5 although there will be War Stories (singleplayer) and co-op within the game. The specifics are yet to be fully revealed though I think!
    beq77m6aitvn.png
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1238 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @totalfps Can you talk about any more offline content coming to SWBF2?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • KlownShueS
    1919 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »

You're possibly better off checking out the official site and forums for Battlefield 5 although there will be War Stories (singleplayer) and co-op within the game. The specifics are yet to be fully revealed though I think!

Thanks!
  • Ppong_Man12
    2059 posts Member
    So Grievous being confirmed is real cool. Obi is okay, Anakin is cool and Dooku is bleh, would've preferred Jango. Hopefully Grievous comes with his Magna Guards and we see the introduction of the melee class reinforcement aswell. New big map sounds great, and the new modes sounds okay ish. Capital ships being an obj sounds awfully terrible to me for conquest. Watered down or nah? Anyway the saber combat design in the works is really make or break and so is August for this game, hopefully the roll is speed up and the combat is close to the original roll at launch.Trust me you need it when you introduce four heroes all with sabers and the biggest saber guys out there (mister 4 or more sabers) and maybe guards. So buff the rolls speed and hitbox like 1.0 to profit long story short. I'll see you guys August in game unless we see a better roll come Tuesday.

On a side note fifa mobile and origin look niche and bad and battlefield v royale has me dead. Lmao.

All that has me worried is if it’s like Death Star dlc, where I was forced to play a starfighter mode before it was boots on the ground. I personally hate flying with a passion so let’s hope we get an option.
  • Hopefully, this content update will be a revival of the game, unlike the Han Solo season which managed to give us even less content than the lacklustre The Last Jedi season.
  • Devlin21
    8308 posts Member
    Hopefully, this content update will be a revival of the game, unlike the Han Solo season which managed to give us even less content than the lacklustre The Last Jedi season.

i would say it has, as battlefront 2 and clone wars are currently trending on twitter.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Hopefully, this content update will be a revival of the game, unlike the Han Solo season which managed to give us even less content than the lacklustre The Last Jedi season.

i would say it has, as battlefront 2 and clone wars are currently trending on twitter.

Hopefully, this also means that players who did abandon the game will come back. The player base on PC has vastly decreased which is noticeable outside of prime time Europe.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2059 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Hopefully, this content update will be a revival of the game, unlike the Han Solo season which managed to give us even less content than the lacklustre The Last Jedi season.

Hopefully, this also means that players who did abandon the game will come back. The player base on PC has vastly decreased which is noticeable outside of prime time Europe.

I think it’ll bring some of the frustrated sw fans back, others maybe, maybe not, time will tell. The release of battlefield 5, black ops 4, and red dead 2 isn’t going to help matters though, especially considering 2 have confirmed battle royale modes that people are crazy over right now for some reason.
  • Cheers dice. This is more than I expected and I'm impressed.
  • Please consider this pose for Dooku’s HvV pose please!!!!! @F8RGE
    i45fhxmxvux8.gif
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    Dennis did a GREAT job! Those ungrateful people in the audience gave more applause for a walking yarn game rather than giving a huge applause for a CLONE WARS update with OBI-WAN and ANAKIN with GREIVOUS and DOOKU! Everyone who didn't applause for it should honestly get a 2 week - 1 month delay on their account for the Clone War update since obviously they don't want it so they should welcome a delay for themselves for the Clone Wars update.

Just words and "this year". Two useless pictures. Really uninspiring considering this is "soon to be released" content but we can't see any of it? Whatever. Just like I said. Lip service. Probably just game play from Kessel and nothing else. I am sure they are working on content but after such a massive joke for 8 months, other that lip service maybe they should do something. The audience didn't care about the new SW game, and I don't either. EA isn't getting my money for any game they release in the next two years. Not spending any money on this game.
  • lowell
    627 posts Member
    Can the unfinished arcs be used for single-player and multiplayer content?
  • I think it’ll bring some of the frustrated sw fans back, others maybe, maybe not, time will tell. The release of battlefield 5, black ops 4, and red dead 2 isn’t going to help matters though, especially considering 2 have confirmed battle royale modes that people are crazy over right now for some reason.

I think the only way they get people back now is by word of mouth. I have several friends that I have to remind all the time that it's a good game now. On the other hand it really is the hardcore Battlefront players that keep this game (and BF 2015) alive. I have one friend that just plays Battlefront (2015 and 2017) thats it. While I like Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny 2 and play COD or Halo split screen with friends my goto shooter is Battlefront and has been for years.

Scorch: I think we may have to blast our way through that... And I'm *not* just saying that because I love to blow stuff up.
  • Word of mouth and SHOWING content. Most people I know quit playing. Not play every once in a while, QUIT. I know more people that don't care it's so cheap. They have heard bad things, seen the news. Read the forums. Today was lip service and selling their new games because they do not care about this game. Maybe Dice does, but that won't matter. EA is going to half-@$$ this game and today's "lack of anything substantial" proves it.
  • Victor94
    316 posts Member
    Amazing news for Battlefront 2, looking forward to that new mode + prequels content.

Tho, I'm bit disappointed that EA hasn't shown a teaser/trailer for the new SW games (SW Jedi Fallen Order).
  • Word of mouth and SHOWING content. Most people I know quit playing. Not play every once in a while, QUIT. I know more people that don't care it's so cheap. They have heard bad things, seen the news. Read the forums. Today was lip service and selling their new games because they do not care about this game. Maybe Dice does, but that won't matter. EA is going to half-@$$ this game and today's "lack of anything substantial" proves it.

Agreed.

I was hoping to hear news that they would also mention about adding a server browser feature since it helps players in getting into game servers much easier. Matchmaker is such a crap function to even use and its one of the reasons why players don't wish to continue playing in Battlefront2. Games that uses matchmakers just simply die overtime. Very simple.

I was overall not impressed with this conference especially I was among those who attended and I didn't bother to stay for long after. lots of questions that were NOT answered. Is Ewen and Hayden going to reprise their roles as voice actors for the new heroes? I hate voice sound alikes. kills the mood if you know what I mean.

I look forward to seeing Sony's Conference since God of War did do something that a certain someone at EA said that single player isn't something were fond of. We proved him wrong in that remark of his.