criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

We don't want a Battlefront 3

kez432
149 posts Member
Imagine if you will, that we never got a Battlefront 2 and the devs just focused on their first outing. What if they just kept adding maps and hero's to what we already had?

I say let it ride and just keep working on this game, Battle Front 2! With all the effort and time it takes to create a new game,. Would not that effort be better spent on just adding content!?!

However, It's clear now the current release schedule will produce too little over an extended period to be of any use to carry the game to it's potential. The naive hope that is expressed by some in this forum only further propagates the lackluster production from this publisher regarding this IP

My sympathies to the Devs. I don't doubt they worked hard to produce what they have.

Replies

• I agree. I say just charge 40 for battlefront 2.5 and build on top of this great foundation (glitches aside).
  • Clone Wars and Rogue One is the missing content the game needs this year for it to have longer life.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • BucksawBoushh
    4518 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    BF3 should be BF15 and BF2 in their entirety combined as its base game. Like, at release, we get ALL of the content from both games. Then from there they do their paid DLC or whatever it is they decide on.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    I agree. I say just charge 40 for battlefront 2.5 and build on top of this great foundation (glitches aside).

I'm open to a paid DLC if, it had many more Hero's and maps.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Clone Wars and Rogue One is the missing content the game needs this year for it to have longer life.

I agree but, how much were getting is in question. I'd be happy with 6 more hero's but i'm guessing were only likely to get 2
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    BF3 should be BF15 and BF2 in their entirety combined as its base game. Like, at release, we get ALL of the content from both games. Then from there they do their paid DLC or whatever it is they decide on.

It would be a great starting point!
  • BF3 should be BF15 and BF2 in their entirety combined as its base game. Like, at release, we get ALL of the content from both games. Then from there they do their paid DLC or whatever it is they decide on.

I'm sorry but I gotta disagree, by the time BF3 comes out (if it ever comes out) the last thing I want to be paying for and playing is "BF2 with a BF1 Expansion". I'm all about building ontop of what they've already created but BF3 has to bring something new to the table at launch, not just be a dual-pack rehashnof the previous 2 installments. Honestly I'm with the OP on this one, they should just keep adding to this game, no point in starting from scratch again when they could just continue updating this current game. Besides they haven't really given me any reason to actually want to go out and purchase another game from them again after the disappointment that BF2 has been thus far, but that's just me.
  • tankertoad
    5819 posts Member
    Well you kind of get your wish. Because the way it looks BF3 will be nothing but bf1 and 2 recycled content.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • OcDoc
    1197 posts Member
    Ridiculous to say “We”. I am all in favor of a 3rd game if they can implement enough differences to make it stand on it’s own.

Even if all they did was take the principals of the original SWBF games and adapt them to modern gaming it would be worth it. Or make it CW show intensive and give that generation a game of their own to adore. I don’t even care about the TV show but would buy and play that.
  • BF3 should be BF15 and BF2 in their entirety combined as its base game. Like, at release, we get ALL of the content from both games. Then from there they do their paid DLC or whatever it is they decide on.

I'm sorry but I gotta disagree, by the time BF3 comes out (if it ever comes out) the last thing I want to be paying for and playing is "BF2 with a BF1 Expansion". I'm all about building ontop of what they've already created but BF3 has to bring something new to the table at launch, not just be a dual-pack rehashnof the previous 2 installments. Honestly I'm with the OP on this one, they should just keep adding to this game, no point in starting from scratch again when they could just continue updating this current game. Besides they haven't really given me any reason to actually want to go out and purchase another game from them again after the disappointment that BF2 has been thus far, but that's just me.

I see your point. I guess I just figure how much more creative can they get? There may be a few more films out by then, but nothing that would change a Battlefront release that drastically. I personally would love both games combined in one, seamless release. But again, I do see your point.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Toddyrocket
    2320 posts Member
    I do agree with you mostly
    But you can't say we all do
    When PS5 comes out later down the track i would like a new and fresh starwars experience
    That wii be a whlie so I'm happy for more upgrades for the time being
    Next Clonewars
    Then Rogue One
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    I don’t see myself buying a third edition of this game if it costs more than $40 unless it’s drastically different/improved, so I would be open to cheaper paid BF2 DLCs to not lose my progress in this game. Perhaps not a bunch of mini DLCs though... maybe one larger DLC (like a 2.5) so that the player base is kept together more.
  • BradCafe
    129 posts Member
    I 100% want BFII to just continue growing and evolving along the lines of Overwatch or Fortnite. With these skins (and hopefully soon emotes) the game has a lot of potential to become really profitable. Would love it if they just kept adding more.

A possible BFIII game would be really frustrating for me personally given how much time I've put into levelling characters in BFII and with the money I've spent on crystals.

Would I pay for DLC? Yes but if it was world/level based that would split the playerbase. Perhaps paid DLC in the form of characters or additional Trooper classes?
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Ridiculous to say “We”. I am all in favor of a 3rd game if they can implement enough differences to make it stand on it’s own.

Even if all they did was take the principals of the original SWBF games and adapt them to modern gaming it would be worth it. Or make it CW show intensive and give that generation a game of their own to adore. I don’t even care about the TV show but would buy and play that.

"We" does not imply all
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    I do agree with you mostly
    But you can't say we all do
    When PS5 comes out later down the track i would like a new and fresh starwars experience
    That wii be a whlie so I'm happy for more upgrades for the time being
    Next Clonewars
    Then Rogue One

We as in more than one which, I was certain to be correct. I never meant to speak for all
  • Spiito
    1706 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

We are the knights who say WE!
    wNvW5Gv.gif

giphy.gif
  • Battlefront 3 should be on whatever new generation of consoles are next...if they do decide to continue the franchise. It's way too early to be talking about that. This game has a lot of potential for profit and growing the community. They need to add more skins and clone wars content.
  • I agree. I say just charge 40 for battlefront 2.5 and build on top of this great foundation (glitches aside).

This
  • Well we are about 5 years into EAs 10 year deal with Star Wars.

I do not see them releasing another Battlefront in that 5 years with their other star wars games in the works.

Both Respawn and EA Vancouver are working on Star Wars games.

Both of those will have to come out within that time period they also cant release a long side any of EAs other games like Battlefield and Anthem.

I do not see room for another Battlefront.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • DICE just need to keep improving and perfecting this game as it's already enjoyable and well on the way to being better. Listening to the community is one of the best moves they've ever done.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Well we are about 5 years into EAs 10 year deal with Star Wars.

I do not see them releasing another Battlefront in that 5 years with their other star wars games in the works.

Both Respawn and EA Vancouver are working on Star Wars games.

Both of those will have to come out within that time period they also cant release a long side any of EAs other games like Battlefield and Anthem.

I do not see room for another Battlefront.

That is a good point. May already be written off.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    DICE just need to keep improving and perfecting this game as it's already enjoyable and well on the way to being better. Listening to the community is one of the best moves they've ever done.

I hope EA will continue to allow resources to be allocated.