criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hey! Are we getting a lightsaber combat focused feedback thread?

Ben said that they’re working on improving them and I thought a focused feedback could help the dev team

Replies

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I certainly hope so.
    Psn: Jello770
  • The gif that sparked it all:

n2kmzkumosck.gif

All suggestions start from Here. Thanks.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif

n2kmzkumosck.gif

Yes... I’ve seen it at least 15 times and you may repost this if we get that focused feedback thread
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    The gif that sparked it all:

n2kmzkumosck.gif

If only saber combat was anything like this. HvV is just a contest of who can use their stun abilities first

n2kmzkumosck.gif

Can you (or someone) explain to me what's so different about this gif from what we have today?

I mean, the deffensor been taking back? That's it only?
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    mathxlrose wrote: »

n2kmzkumosck.gif

Can you (or someone) explain to me what's so different about this gif from what we have today?

I believe this was a bug or glitch that occurred, but normally after each blocked attack, Vader would be pushed back. The gif doesn’t have that, so it is smooth and actually looks good, and makes sense.
  • moondynemc
    1979 posts Member

n2kmzkumosck.gif

Currently if a saber user strikes another saber user while blocking, they will “bounce” back, which lowers your own guard and allows you to be hit, which also completely disrupts the flow of combat. In this GIF a bug has occurred wherein Vader does NOT get affected by the bounce back or temporary stun that would have normally occurred.

I’ve seen this bug several times with Yoda specifically, where I’ve been striking at a blocking sith and not bouncing off, allowing me to continue striking at them. It does allow for a much more fluid style of Saber Combat, but as it’s not intentional it doesn’t really function properly at present. If the blocking saber user at any point decides to stop blocking and attempt a strike or a dodge, most likely they are definitely about to eat some damage.
  • Midichlorian
    1409 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Would be great, staggering effect is annoying at times
    Post edited by Midichlorian on
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    ExoSchmo wrote: »

n2kmzkumosck.gif

I believe this was a bug or glitch that occurred, but normally after each blocked attack, Vader would be pushed back. The gif doesn’t have that, so it is smooth and actually looks good, and makes sense.
    Thing is it looks good but does it play good? Maybe in theory but we’re basing this all on speculation.