criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Solo(A Star Wars Story) Can the Blu Ray/Dvd Release save this Movie?

With Solo movie not rolling in galactic credits can the blu ray/dvd save this movie before it's to late?

Replies

• If the stubborn little babies calling themselves fans didn't see it out of spite then, they're sure as heII not going to grow up and do it now.
  • I'm buying it
  • bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    Sad part is while Solo might not be a great Star Wars movie, Ron Howard put together a fun flick.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• One of the few Disney movies other than RO worth rewatching imo. Fun movie.
  • Pjay
    285 posts Member
    I did not see Solo on first weekend as a part of boycott. Saw it on second saturday and really enjoyed the movie.
    I think an important point was made but the wrong movie paid for it. If you have not seen Solo, I urge you to get to the cinema.
  • Pjay wrote: »
    I did not see Solo on first weekend as a part of boycott. Saw it on second saturday and really enjoyed the movie.
    I think an important point was made but the wrong movie paid for it. If you have not seen Solo, I urge you to get to the cinema.

Completely agree, Solo is a great movie, fun and light-hearted. But I too was a part of the boycott by not viewing in opening week. I have to agree that I wish it wasn't this movie that had to pay to get our message across to Disney Lucasfilm
  • Pjay wrote: »

Completely agree, Solo is a great movie, fun and light-hearted. But I too was a part of the boycott by not viewing in opening week. I have to agree that I wish it wasn't this movie that had to pay to get our message across to Disney Lucasfilm

I went to see it and was not part of a boycott, being an adult and all that... ;)

My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • I think it'll find a new life in bluray and digital purchases.
  • I think the film will be become one of the more loved chapters as time marches on.
  • DarthJ
    6667 posts Member
    I don't really care what others think as I form my own opinions. I enjoyed it and shall buy it on blu-ray when it appears.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    I’ll buy it.
    Psn: Jello770
  • It's too bad it's paying for the abomination in December. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • It's too bad it's paying for the abomination in December. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It kinda has to pay for itself first, kiddo. And how do you know it's already and abomination? Because it's the new trilogy and you automatically hate it because you're a sheep in the flock following everyone else around instead of waiting to form an opinion like an actually intelligent human?
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    ShinoBaz wrote: »
    With Solo movie not rolling in galactic credits can the blu ray/dvd save this movie before it's to late?

The movie will be fine in the long run... ancillary income from Star Wars is significant, and many (myself included) declined to see the movie initially in theaters because the last movie (TLJ) sucked.

It kinda has to pay for itself first, kiddo. And how do you know it's already and abomination? Because it's the new trilogy and you automatically hate it because you're a sheep in the flock following everyone else around instead of waiting to form an opinion like an actually intelligent human?

No, just that based on the previous 2 films of the trilogy, they have been terrible, just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn’t make them ‘a sheep following the flock’ many people have formed their own opinion on this trilogy, happening to come to the same conclusion.
    If you were an intelligent human, you would know this, or are you just a sheep following the Sequel trilogy fan flock?
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Pjay wrote: »

I went to see it and was not part of a boycott, being an adult and all that... ;)

This. I've seen it 3 times.
  • Hipsters these days expect record breaking sales and oscars. Star wars is for fun not for hipsters to pick it apart like it was citizen cane. They act like the original trilogy was perfect and nothing will ever come close that perfection. Just enjoy them for what they are...disney movies.
  • Lord_Oz
    433 posts Member
    Hipsters these days expect record breaking sales and oscars. Star wars is for fun not for hipsters to pick it apart like it was citizen cane. They act like the original trilogy was perfect and nothing will ever come close that perfection. Just enjoy them for what they are...disney movies.

They ran off George Lucas with the vitriol they spewed at him now they're upset with the outcome and want him back. Yet, if Lucas had made the sequel trilogy, they fail to grasp that his plan for Luke was nearly identical to what we got.

" The idea was that, 30 years after the fall of the Empire, Luke had gone to a dark place and secluded himself in a Jedi temple on a new planet. The paintings show Luke meditating, reassessing his whole life.

Apparently, the initial plan for Star Wars: Episode 7 was that Luke, over the course of that movie, would rediscover his vitality and train this new Jedi. So basically, what we got from the Rey/Luke storyline in The Last Jedi was initially supposed to be the bones for George Lucas’ Episode 7."

So those that claim it wasn't about the "social justice warrior stuff, just what they did to Luke", would still be triggered (and would probably have to deal with more women and ethnicities on top of it as well since Lucas has always been pretty inclusive himself).

No, just that based on the previous 2 films of the trilogy, they have been terrible, just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn’t make them ‘a sheep following the flock’ many people have formed their own opinion on this trilogy, happening to come to the same conclusion.
    If you were an intelligent human, you would know this, or are you just a sheep following the Sequel trilogy fan flock?

Nice copy/paste, little man. Remember that time I said the sequel trilogy was perfect in any way there? Me neither, so come up with something instead actually useful instead of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Nice copy/paste, little man. Remember that time I said the sequel trilogy was perfect in any way there? Me neither, so come up with something instead actually useful instead of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Your comment has left me utterly confused

I have no idea what he's on about. I was talking about Solo paying for TLJ. And @Darth_Cerebus No, there's no bandwagon that I'm on. I found TFA enjoyable but nothing special. But the last jedi is just a train wreck of a movie.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I'm buying it as soon as its made available, awesome movie. Way better than TLJ
  • ShinoBaz
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Seeing it now is a waste of money but buying it later isn't,The movie experince tends to be costly and the other movie goers always have a few ***** who ruin my good time,i DID NOT PAY to watch a few wannabe fools act stupid and noisey during the show,so i'll just buy this movie a watch it at home where i'm fool free,plus as a added bonus you can backup the movie if you miss something,can't do that at the movie theater.
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    I gotta get it on dvd so I can rewatch it and realize all the stuff that may have gone over my head in the first viewing.
    There was a lot of references. Plus, I want to be able to pause & get a better look at the background characters.
    (I'm still a bit shocked that we aren't getting any new trooper skins in the Solo season...)
    Wknuto!

I have no idea what he's on about. I was talking about Solo paying for TLJ. And @Darth_Cerebus No, there's no bandwagon that I'm on. I found TFA enjoyable but nothing special. But the last jedi is just a train wreck of a movie.

But are you basing every single opinion of a movie that doesn't even have an idea for trailers off of those last 2? It's the equivalent of saying that the prequels were guaranteed to be perfect in every way because of the original trilogy. Assuming something you have literally no clue about will be awful literally only because you didn't like what was before it is narrow-minded and petty.