criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Old Issues with SA, Dice!

Seronax
450 posts Member
edited June 2018
Hey Dice!

I wrote about these before but since nothing has changed i have to remind you again! SA is a pretty good game mod BUT...
It has a few bugs/problems/issues but even those can easly give cancerous moments to every player whoever play with this mod .
I am noticing these bugs since December and since than i played over 300-400hr in SA.

1. Hard Lock Issue - It Causes Screen Freezes for 0.1-0.5 second on the victims pretty often. Cant see = Crashing into objects. Annoying

2. Hitboxes - Invisible"walls"or"objects"can insta kill your ships. Begging since beta to eradicate these random hitboxes. Annoying

3. Pulling explosions - Hard to name it...If SOMETHING explodes close to your ship IT can Randomly change your direction(usually 90 degree down) which 90% will kill you if u arent at open space. It can be an exploding enemyship near to you, or torpedoes, if its close u are done! Most annoying one! Nowdays i just stop shooting enemyships if they are close cause i afraid i will"accidently"crush my hero ship. SUPER MEGA ANNOYING

4. Targeting circle/system - Many times i'm 200% sure i hit the enemy ship directly from the front but until the circle doesnt show up my"damage will be absorbed/gone even in medium/short range. Most often it comes up when multiple ship are approaching toward to you and the game cant decide which one should get the"circle".
Example : Falcon within the tunnel in Fondor and 3 TIE fighter approaching at front of you, if the circle doesnt show up even if u shoot them directly they not gonna suffer any dmg.

If i missed something feel free to add, but to me these are the most annoying bugs within SA. Pls Dice fix these, cause 7 months were enough already.
3b81ofd486mu.jpg

Replies

• ross42899
    1435 posts Member
    There needs to be more love for SA in general. The mode is fun but unfortunately didn't get too many updates. TIE-Interceptor weapons overheat a bit too fast too and there is unfortunately a lack of maps. 6 maps is getting a bit boring. I really hope DICE will add at leas one more map to each era (so at least 3 new maps in general) at some point.
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    ross42899 wrote: »
    There needs to be more love for SA in general. The mode is fun but unfortunately didn't get too many updates. TIE-Interceptor weapons overheat a bit too fast too and there is unfortunately a lack of maps. 6 maps is getting a bit boring. I really hope DICE will add at leas one more map to each era (so at least 3 new maps in general) at some point.

Yes, new maps+more ships would be nice too, but as we all know Dice and their speed process isnt fast, at least lets fix what we have first.
    But yea i also wanna have a Death Star 2, Coruscant etc maps
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Tallround75
    115 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    1. Must be an issue with the pc version. Have never seen that on Xbox
    2. Doesn’t happen to often but when it does it’s usually when I’m flying close to clutter to save my hero ship, annoying
    3. The tunnel in frondor is the worst. Flying head on to some ywings using maul, one explodes in front of me and bam, hit the wall
    4. Didn’t know about the damage issue here, but getting the target circle to switch targets is THE most annoying. Put some shots on one target then when you want to switch targets and the current target is still on your screen, you need to wait 5 seconds and do all sorts of messing around to get the new target singled out on the hud before the target circle will switch. This always happens when chasing the 3 ship groups of ai bombers. A manual reacquire button here would be fine.
  • Seronax
    450 posts Member
    1. Must be an issue with the pc version. Have never seen that on Xbox
    2. Doesn’t happen to often but when it does it’s usually when I’m flying close to clutter to save my hero ship, annoying
    3. The tunnel in frondor is the worst. Flying head on to some ywings using maul, one explodes in front of me and bam, hit the wall
    4. Didn’t know about the damage issue here, but getting the target circle to switch targets is THE most annoying. Put some shots on one target then when you want to switch targets and the current target is still on your screen, you need to wait 5 seconds and do all sorts of messing around to get the new target singled out on the hud before the target circle will switch. This always happens when chasing the 3 ship groups of ai bombers. A manual reacquire button here would be fine.

1. Yea it can be its on PC only but super annoying, not 100% but its an issue, all of my PC SA friends noticed the same.
    2. Yea I also know most of those places where i"shouldnt"fly but rare times while trying to save my 4ss i hit these hitboxes.
    3. YES I usually do exactly the same with mys beloved Falcon, I think i crushed my falcon like this at least 50 times already.
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax
    450 posts Member
    Also i forget to mention about this as an additonnal stuff, we need autobalance, PLUS Skirmish mod until the game doesnt start
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Seronax
    450 posts Member
    The explosion bug is even worst in the second part of Solo than before! Fix it already pls!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• The interceptor rate of fire bug. When you have Fire Control Cycler, in many whole rounds it doesn’t provide any rate increase.
  • Flight stick support. I stopped playing SA because of this.