criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

How much do we guess the new heroes will cost credits-wise?

DarthJ
6534 posts Member
So, after the great news yesterday, I've been thinking of the cost credits-wise of the heroes when they release. 3 ways of thinking below.

Going off hero costs at pre-release and the statement around when Finn and Phasma released being that new heroes would have to be purchased with credits (if I remember rightly), the guess here would be anywhere between 5k-15k.

Second, the option that I would say is the least likely, being that heroes cost the price of a legendary skin, or slightly more than that. This would be the equivalent of 15 quid of Her Majesties British Pounds, which I think would put people off buying. So thats out the window I think.

The third option is they change their mind and all are free with no cost of credits. Unsure whether that would happen.

Your thoughts?

PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• 10k credits for each of them.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    They won’t be free?
    Psn: Jello770
  • I’m sure they’re working hard for these heroes and content so they have to make some revenue in some way. They only made the current heroes free now because people were complaining about pay to win.
  • Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    credits only, no crystal.

dont want a launch repeat, especially for 4 heroes.

finn and phasma were 10,000 after tlj season.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Hopefully they're only 15k like they were at release after they toned down the price. Would hate for them to be 40-60K each and then skins on top of that
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • credits only, no crystal.

dont want a launch repeat, especially for 4 heroes.

finn and phasma were 10,000 after tlj season.

How can this possibly be pay to win again? You have all the other heroes currently for free, the new 4 coming is icing on the cake.
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    They won’t be free?

No, new heroes will cost credits.

That info was in the FAQ thread that was created prior to the progression update.
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    danilojbg wrote: »
    Jello770 wrote: »
    They won’t be free?

That info was in the FAQ thread that was created prior to the progression update.
    Must’ve missed that.
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    They won’t be free?

This is good, now real hard earned revenue will be going out for the devs, they really do deserve it.
    They won’t be free?

Must’ve missed that.

From the FAQ, link below:

Q.) Will I still use Credits to unlock Heroes and Hero Starfighters?
    A.) With our Progression Update, we will be unlocking all currently available heroes and Hero ships for all Players. When new heroes and Hero ships are introduced to the game they will be unlocked with Credits.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/102519/star-wars-battlefront-ii-progression-update-faq
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    They won’t be free?

Must’ve missed that.

From the FAQ, link below:

Q.) Will I still use Credits to unlock Heroes and Hero Starfighters?
    A.) With our Progression Update, we will be unlocking all currently available heroes and Hero ships for all Players. When new heroes and Hero ships are introduced to the game they will be unlocked with Credits.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/102519/star-wars-battlefront-ii-progression-update-faq

Thanks mate!
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    Notice they say credits - implies that you can only buy them with credits, not crystals or anything which I think is good. Avoids any cries of 'ah pay to win' because, idk, one of the heroes is overpowered due to a glitch? I'd guess they'll cost 10k each because that's how much Finn and Phasma cost if you didn't log in during the TLJ season.
    Or perhaps you'll only have to pay for two of them? Could be that you instantly get the two from the faction that you choose at the start of the season, then you have to buy the other two. That might be a valid way, especially in a season with 4 heroes.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • tankertoad
    5974 posts Member
    15k.

But they were be some special events and double XP and all that mess.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Royazeee
    244 posts Member
    10k for Ani and Dooku
    12k for grievous and kenobi
    (Each sold separately)
    ;)
  • DarthJ
    6534 posts Member
    Yeah I agree with the consensus, I'd imagine around 10k each with no crystals to get them. Will have to save credits then after skins on Tuesday
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    Free if you login during the Season event, otherwise 30k with Crystals option to help the revenue.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
    They won’t be free?

I think they said in arcade and hero modes they're free but paid in others.

Not sure how you'd level up or buy appearances if that's the case, but hopeful they figure it out.

If they're free in those two modes, I'm fine with not using them in GA.
  • I actually wouldn’t mind them being outrageously expensive. It’d make their transition into the mainstream more gradual.
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    They won’t be free?

This is good, now real hard earned revenue will be going out for the devs, they really do deserve it.

No they dont, they're giving half the support a game like this needs and you dumbasses are happy already sigh, this is why gaming is dead.
  • EoTRampage wrote: »
    They won’t be free?

No they dont, they're giving half the support a game like this needs and you dumbasses are happy already sigh, this is why gaming is dead.

Dude they worked super hard on the progression system, they basically redid the entire works of the game, they do support this game and even the announcer at EA play said they they’re not abondoning it.
  • i need to sell my lando costume to the pawn shop
  • Versatti
    2075 posts Member
    My guess is 80k same as the Epic skins.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    I hope 10k like they were before but I expect them to be more like 20k. That's still cheap that you can grind but also EA will then drain your credits more and if they drop skins you'll be more likely to buy skins with no credits left after buying 4heroes
  • Credit cost for these new heroes doesn’t really matter to me. I’m buying them no matter what either way
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    So, after the great news yesterday, I've been thinking of the cost credits-wise of the heroes when they release. 3 ways of thinking below.

Going off hero costs at pre-release and the statement around when Finn and Phasma released being that new heroes would have to be purchased with credits (if I remember rightly), the guess here would be anywhere between 5k-15k.

Second, the option that I would say is the least likely, being that heroes cost the price of a legendary skin, or slightly more than that. This would be the equivalent of 15 quid of Her Majesties British Pounds, which I think would put people off buying. So thats out the window I think.

The third option is they change their mind and all are free with no cost of credits. Unsure whether that would happen.

Your thoughts?

Free, I think but skins will be expensive but if they do coast money then they would be around 20,000 each.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    I would assume price structure will be similar to launch which if I remember was 15k for the most iconic heroes and then went down from there. I think the heroes themselves will be relatively affordable so they are easily accessable for everyone to get and then buy 80k legendary skins for... aka mtx cash flow.
  • Heroes are probably free. But costumes gonna be legendary at 40-50k a piece or 2000 crystals.
  • 75000 k for obi and anakin
    50000 k grevious
    35000 k dooku
    They won’t be free?

Dude they worked super hard on the progression system, they basically redid the entire works of the game, they do support this game and even the announcer at EA play said they they’re not abondoning it.

this is not superhard work for a multimillion dollar company, you even saying that tells me you have never played games with small budget devs who do 20 times the work in 20 times less time.
  • bfloo
    15517 posts Member

Makes me think 50-60 k each :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Because everyone loved that at launch!
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    6534 posts Member
    I shall be saving after I get the new Falcon and a Young Han skin anyway. Probably aim for 200k to be safe
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    I’d like them to be 10,000-15,000, but then there’s the idea that an epic skin for a hero would cost more than the actual hero
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • IronSoldier
    3591 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    50k Credits
    They won’t be free?

Clearly you have never been burned before if you really are that naive
  • grimmace2
    1146 posts Member
    From the sounds of it, they are eyeing up the 60-80K range which would be a huge mistake. 10-15K would be appropriate for new heroes, but release them with new skins and charge through the nose for the skins. Amazingly enough, people aren't really complaining about the prices on the skins (at least not from what I have seen). 80K credits for a skin and nobody blinks an eye. If they release new heroes for 60-80K, I think people are going to be upset.

They just had a good show at EA Play. People are back on board, the system is finally working. If they come in and over-price the heroes, even by a moderate amount, it will really ruin a lot of the goodwill they just earned. Even if they think the new heroes are worth 60-80K, they should let us know, and then tell us they priced them at 10-15K as it shows they are trying to make things better. They can keep making skins and we'll keep spending real $, everything will stay in balance.
  • I think 25k for heroes would make sense. I get they want them to be alittle extra and special. While also trying to make some coin from the new heroes. 25k/per and 100k gets you all of them. Would be a nice middle between too much and to little.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    From the sounds of it, they are eyeing up the 60-80K range which would be a huge mistake. 10-15K would be appropriate for new heroes, but release them with new skins and charge through the nose for the skins. Amazingly enough, people aren't really complaining about the prices on the skins (at least not from what I have seen). 80K credits for a skin and nobody blinks an eye. If they release new heroes for 60-80K, I think people are going to be upset.

They just had a good show at EA Play. People are back on board, the system is finally working. If they come in and over-price the heroes, even by a moderate amount, it will really ruin a lot of the goodwill they just earned. Even if they think the new heroes are worth 60-80K, they should let us know, and then tell us they priced them at 10-15K as it shows they are trying to make things better. They can keep making skins and we'll keep spending real $, everything will stay in balance.

Overwhelmingly agree with this.
    Skins are cool and I don't mind paying extra for them because they feel extra.

New heroes are must haves, and should either be free or relatively affordable.

• Devlin21
    8325 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »

everyone says they will quit playing if the heroes are 60k+
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Jug
    184 posts Member
    Pretty sure that they are free
  • Jug
    184 posts Member
    Jug wrote: »
    Pretty sure that they are free

Nevermind that tweet makes me feel otherwise
    They won’t be free?

In case you didn't realize this isn't the only game EA works on so it's not like they have every single person in the company working on Star Wars Battlefront 2. Also the Star Wars Battlefront 2 workers recently went over to work on some of the more popular games that are coming out soon leaving a few hard workers to manage everything. They are doing an excellent job.
  • rollind24
    5664 posts Member
    I’d be surprised if they cost more than what hero’s cost after they adjusted the cost down.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5664 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I’d like them to be 10,000-15,000, but then there’s the idea that an epic skin for a hero would cost more than the actual hero

Which is fine with me. The skins are just the extra feather in your cap
    #infantrylivesmatter