criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Rogue One Season Community Transmission Concept Idea

Replies

• lowell wrote: »
    They have the assets from battlefront 2015, come on guys it’s begging to be put in

Considering they said porting takes almost the same time as creating some new, they could just build the content from scratch.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rogue One content comes to the game as we get closer to the release of the Cassian & K-2SO series.

It’s not even porting, scarif was in the campaign. It however was built for single player so they’d probably start from scratch in all honesty.

It seems like CS maps are a tad easier to build so maybe we will see a new maps a tad more frequently

Yeah. CS for Rogue One would be pretty cool.
  • ea6h0hc0od8h.jpg

Six hours nineteen minutes right ascension, fourteen degrees fifty-eight minutes declination... No Rogue One DLC
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    ea6h0hc0od8h.jpg

Six hours nineteen minutes right ascension, fourteen degrees fifty-eight minutes declination... No Rogue One DLC

Yeah. Hopefully in 2020 we get some Rogue One content.
  • AHugeHeckinNerd
    232 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Rogue one for 2020
  • Rogue one for 2020

Yeah. Rogue One for 2020 indeed.
  • all for rogue one content
  • all for rogue one content

Yeah. 2020 needs to include some Rogue One content.
  • Not clown worz or Disney mandated, therefore Rogue One content will remain:

-Deathtrooper with incorrect blaster
    -U-wing on one phase of one map
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • U-Wing would be cool for Scarif on Galactic Assault.
  • Bump to remember Rogue One

I have spoken
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Bump to remember Rogue One

I have spoken

This is the way.

I have spoken

Rogue One content was in BF2015. I doubt they'll bring it back for no reason. That'll just waste time and resources on content they already had in another game.
    The strongest defense is a swift and decisive offense.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • polarition wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »

I have spoken

Rogue One content was in BF2015. I doubt they'll bring it back for no reason. That'll just waste time and resources on content they already had in another game.
    I feel the keywords here are " in another game "
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

I have spoken

Youre right. Too many resources to waste by shipping over already made maps and assets.

Cant have them do that to Scarif like they already did with Jabba’s Palace
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Original trilogy season for 2020?

I have spoken

No reason? We gave plenty of good reasons in the OP. Tons of support throughout the thread that’s been going for a year and half also says otherwise.

Waste resources... on the best SW movie since 1983.

Lol ok
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Rogue 1 2020! Dew it. Also @Piscettios, you're almost right, but RotS was better than Rogue 1.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »

I have spoken

No reason? We gave plenty of good reasons in the OP. Tons of support throughout the thread that’s been going for a year and half also says otherwise.

Lol ok

Yeah i've been waiting for the clone wars year to finally end. It's not that i hate the clone wars, but this whole year was rather slow, like compared to this rise of skywalker update, all the PT/clone wars updates combined don't compare to this upcoming update, maybe if they added mace windu, ahsoka and ventress, padme and jango fett, then maybe there would've been more hype around this whole clone wars content year, cause CS got boring a few months after it was added, and CS also made the PT heroes boring, i barely see obi-wan, yoda, grievous, dooku or maul, i barely see them picked in GA, because CS kinda killed them off, the only one i see occasionally is anakin and maul, so maybe if CS didn't make the PT content boring, then maybe i would actually want more of it, that's why they should've done huge updates like this upcoming ROS update, rather than doing these little updates that only came with one hero a month or one reinforcement enough.

This is how i hoped the PT content updates to be like....

January and February 2019 comes with anakin and dooku as playable heroes, and also comes with two new reinforcements, the Droideka and the clone commando.

March update, CS new game mode and the new infiltrator class, along with two new maps.

April and May update, comes with ahsoka and ventress as playable heroes, new clone skins and a new reinforcement to counter the AT-RT, since the TX-130 now counters the AAT.

July update comes with the new game modes co-op and instant action, along with battle droid skins, clone skins and reinforcement skins.

August and September update, comes with mace windu and i guess savage oppress, since he's the only other saber hero to counter mace... but i would rather not have savage since he's literally a taller different colored version of maul.

Padme and jango wouldn't be able to come until there's a jetpack hero to counter, so that pair would have to wait.

If this year of PT/clone wars content was like this above..... then i wouldn't have gotten bored to the point where i don't play the game that often, but we didn't get half of the heroes listed above sadly, so i'm glad we're moving on to the ST era and probably the OT too, so that way i can kinda recharge for more clone wars content some time later.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
    Rogue 1 2020! Dew it. Also @Piscettios, you're almost right, but RotS was better than Rogue 1.

Shirtless Ani and his bad dweams along with the so-far-over-the-top duel with Obiwan deny it a top spot for me.

Anakins incredibly quick turn to the dark side and the terrible dialogue of 1-3 make rots a low ranking film for me. Cool scenes here and there but then you know, someone talks
    Rogue 1 2020! Dew it. Also @Piscettios, you're almost right, but RotS was better than Rogue 1.

Shirtless Ani and his bad dweams along with the so-far-over-the-top duel with Obiwan deny it a top spot for me.

Anakins incredibly quick turn to the dark side and the terrible dialogue of 1-3 make rots a low ranking film for me. Cool scenes here and there but then you know, someone talks

I shouldn’t have said top spot. Not really a fan of RotS
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

I have spoken

They’ve brought back a good chunk of content from the first game. Its presence in 2015 doesn’t mean it shouldn’t appear in this game, rogue one was a beloved film by pt and ot fans alike; there’s a demand for its content.

2005 had prequel content in it, so we should probably not get anymore of that 🤔

I agree. I like the revenge of the sith, it's the best out of the entire PT..... but there's too much spinning that anakin and obi-wan do at the end, they spin about every five seconds for the duration of their duel.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • bring scariff to cs and instant action! and bespin!

I have spoken

Lol ok

The number of the people in the thread are only a very very very very very very very small fraction of the amount of people who play the game, DICE has already stated that in other threads. I get people really like Rogue One, but they're not just going to pay their developers to spend their time implementing maps and characters into BF2 when they already did it for BF2015 just because some people want the same things to carry over into the new game. There's no reason for it, and it wouldn't actually be beneficial to the game other than to please some players who were asking for it but were too lazy to just turn BF2015 on lol. I don't know how else to explain that to you.

And, psh, please. Rogue One is not the best SW movie since 1983. Episode II & III are better and I'd actually even rather watch Force Awakens & Last Jedi over it. Not much happens in Rogue One other than like 40 minutes of people saying "are you the pilot?" and then some fighting. Don't get me wrong, it's a great movie and I have a poster of it on my wall. But, it's not the best and hardly is even talked about.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

I have spoken

They’ve brought back a good chunk of content from the first game. Its presence in 2015 doesn’t mean it shouldn’t appear in this game, rogue one was a beloved film by pt and ot fans alike; there’s a demand for its content.

2005 had prequel content in it, so we should probably not get anymore of that 🤔

Its presence in 2015 as being DLC means it's not necessary to add to the game compared to newer content they haven't had yet.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
    Piscettios wrote: »

I have spoken

Lol ok

The number of the people in the thread are only a very very very very very very very small fraction of the amount of people who play the game, DICE has already stated that in other threads. I get people really like Rogue One, but they're not just going to pay their developers to spend their time implementing maps and characters into BF2 when they already did it for BF2015 just because some people want the same things to carry over into the new game. There's no reason for it, and it wouldn't actually be beneficial to the game other than to please some players who were asking for it but were too lazy to just turn BF2015 on lol. I don't know how else to explain that to you.

And, psh, please. Rogue One is not the best SW movie since 1983. Episode II & III are better and I'd actually even rather watch Force Awakens & Last Jedi over it. Not much happens in Rogue One other than like 40 minutes of people saying "are you the pilot?" and then some fighting. Don't get me wrong, it's a great movie and I have a poster of it on my wall. But, it's not the best and hardly is even talked about.

Yeah i have to agree with this. I mean, rouge one was good and all..... but it was actually quite boring to me, it only got interesting when vader got involved and when the battle fo scariff started, before that it was rather random, somewhat confusing especially the beginning, and boring, just because vader wanna be tarkin and imperial star destoyers appear, doesn't mean it's all so glorious. Though the i would somewhat rather watch RO over episode two and one, because both were kinda boring, and both don't compare to revenge of the sith.
    rcar0gljuaad.png

I have spoken

Lol ok

Ok opinions abound here. But, Ep...episode 2 is better?
    4be7oetlh37b.jpeg

You huffing glue over there?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • the argument against it is its in bf2015... but its pretty difficult to access whenever you want. if those walker assault maps were offline and easily accessible then id be okay with not having it in bf2. but its not, so why not add a unique location to bf2 thats in a heavily requested era.

I have spoken

Lol ok

Ok opinions abound here. But, Ep...episode 2 is better?
    4be7oetlh37b.jpeg

You huffing glue over there?

Dude, don't resort to insults. Just makes you look ridiculous and unable to hold your own in a debate.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • Grievous15 wrote: »

I have spoken

Lol ok

Yeah i have to agree with this. I mean, rouge one was good and all..... but it was actually quite boring to me, it only got interesting when vader got involved and when the battle fo scariff started, before that it was rather random, somewhat confusing especially the beginning, and boring, just because vader wanna be tarkin and imperial star destoyers appear, doesn't mean it's all so glorious. Though the i would somewhat rather watch RO over episode two and one, because both were kinda boring, and both don't compare to revenge of the sith.

One was boring, but I actually liked the whole Kamino struggle, the Jedi battle on Geonosis and stuff. Which is why I put it over RO. I felt it had more to keep me awake than RO did.

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg

• :love:

Credit to WoofWoofWolffe and everyone else involved
  • the argument against it is its in bf2015... but its pretty difficult to access whenever you want. if those walker assault maps were offline and easily accessible then id be okay with not having it in bf2. but its not, so why not add a unique location to bf2 thats in a heavily requested era.

Yeah. Scarif is heavily requested by the community.

I have spoken

Youre right. Too many resources to waste by shipping over already made maps and assets.

Cant have them do that to Scarif like they already did with Jabba’s Palace

And Bespin Administrator's Palace... but the excuse of 'they can't port' is still used.

I have spoken

Lol ok

htgikj0v2n9t.gif

That's one of my favorite duels ever lol. Only Maul vs. Obi and Qui tops it. For me too 5 is
    1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

That's one of my favorite duels ever lol. Only Maul vs. Obi and Qui tops it. For me too 5 is
    1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

RotS has the best duels becuase its Yoda and Palps and Anakin vs Obi-wan. Both are awesome. Personally I like Anakin vs Obi-Wan just a bit better than the Maul duel. All the OT duels don't even come close expect maybe the final Luke/Vader duel. Maybe
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

RotS has the best duels becuase its Yoda and Palps and Anakin vs Obi-wan. Both are awesome. Personally I like Anakin vs Obi-Wan just a bit better than the Maul duel. All the OT duels don't even come close expect maybe the final Luke/Vader duel. Maybe

For me, nothing tops the Mail duel

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

MAUL

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

So many great duels in the Star Wars franchise. One of my favorites is Rey & Kylo vs Snoke's guards from Episode 8.
  • masontcarr wrote: »

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

So many great duels in the Star Wars franchise. One of my favorites is Rey & Kylo vs Snoke's guards from Episode 8.

Yeah that was probably the best part thru out TLJ. That duel was like the duel i thought was gonna happen in ROTJ, with the Emperor's royal guards, but that didn't happen.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    masontcarr wrote: »

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

Yeah that was probably the best part thru out TLJ. That duel was like the duel i thought was gonna happen in ROTJ, with the Emperor's royal guards, but that didn't happen.

Yeah. At least Vader vs Luke was great.
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    masontcarr wrote: »

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

Yeah. At least Vader vs Luke was great.

Yeah. :)
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • New year, still nout
    mym683ykcmmb.jpeg

I have spoken

Lol ok

htgikj0v2n9t.gif

It's literally the truth

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg
  • CptAmmogeddon
    146 posts Member
    edited January 5

1. RotS
    2. RotJ
    3. ESB
    4. Rogue 1
    5. ANH

I know this is the neverending argument between PT/OT-Fand, but here goes:

While I see why the PT-Duels can appeal to many fans due to their flashy and fast choreography that does make sense when thinking about the way the Jedi can use the force, I can't take those duels as serious as the ones in the OT (except maybe the Vader vs Ben Kenobi duel. I like it and it still fits to the other aspects I will point out later, but obviously it is a bit clunky due to the age of the actor AND the fact that the lightsabers where pretty brittle and the actors had to fight like to try not to break them).

I always feel like the Duels in the PT are more dances than battles. And while some say fighting is a lot like dancing, I think they overdid it a tad in the PT. The duelist never seem to aim to injure or kill the opponent. It's more like they are hitting a space between each other. It's a bit like a more advanced version of a fighting "technique" we all use(d) when fighting with sticks: don't hit each other, just hit the swords!

The OT-Duels don't try to be overly quick and flashy. Instead, they seem to focus on the story that is told with/during the battle: - Two old friends lamenting their past friendship and testing their skill (I believe Vader could have kicked Ben's a**, but chose not to, since it is his oldest friend, plus he was maybe toying with him)
    - A overconfident but highly undertrained Boy getting his a** handed to him by being to unskilled and aggressive
    - A father tearing to get his son to join him while said son hates him more and more.

This is evident in the dialogue as well. While most of the talking during the OT-Duels is about the relationship between the two opponents (again, old friends, father and son trying to get through to the other etc.), the PT-Duels' dialogue is more like Banter, where the opponents try to hurt each others feelings.

Oh, and before a Mod deletes this comment:

Yes PLEASE give us Rogue One Content already!!!

Dont wanna turn this thread into a prequels debate but anakins turn to the darkside was in the makings during episode 1

Episode 1- very fearful and at first denied training by the jedi council
    Episode 2- Slaughters the sand people, breaks jedi code by having a relationship with padme, tries to exact revenge on Dooku out of anger “Youre gonna pay for all the Jedi you’ve killed”
    Episode 3- Anakin had dreams of padme dying, just as he had dreams of qui-gon rescuing hin and his mother dying why wouldnt he believe them?

It was a long time in the making just just 40 minutes of one movie

I have spoken

Lol ok

htgikj0v2n9t.gif

It's literally the truth

• ROMG4
    4104 posts Member
    It's literally the truth

The fortunate side-effect is that's one mind tends to end up like mine
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    It's literally the truth

The fortunate side-effect is that's one mind tends to end up like mine

bejltcxclum4.gif

h7h8ytswwwyx.jpg