criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HVV Star fighter mode

So the way i understood .. each player will start off as a hero or villain star fighter, once killed you can respawn as regular figher/interceptor or bomber unit. Until all Hero/Villain ships are destroyed from one side.

While in theory I don't dislike the idea , but this is going to really highight what many have been saying for a while , most hero ships are not that much better than regular ships. I think this game mode will really highlight that. I have had way more success in SFA with just regular starfighters than with hero ships, part of that is the attention they garner I know. But still , you may want to try the other way around .. and see how that goes first. Regular ships then hero ships, may be a little more viable.

Replies

• If you start with a hero ship...you're guaranteed a hero ship. This mode will probably have VERY fast turn times though. With only four players these matches should be less than five minutes. And that's if every team has at least one tank (Boba/Falcon). I'm wondering if there will be AI regular fighters as well, to fatten up on. Spawn will really have to be taken in to consideration as making long-distance kills is easy. Almost need to get dumped in to the fray to have a chance at survival. Maul will probably be a no-brainer to start most matches for the cloaking feature and his high-powered weapons. Poe will be a beast as well. I'm looking forward to it, this should be fun!
  • This is where the fun begins
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I’m liking this concept idea of this mode. Can’t wait to see how it plays.
  • mastery0ta
    5954 posts Member
    More hero ships please. I'd be surprised if the mode didn't come with a few
  • auldtam
    136 posts Member
    I reckon it will need loads of debris for cover or tunnels/structures to fly through to prevent being picked off quickly at long range......bomber...ion turret....epic front lasers.....

Cheers
    PSN: auldtam
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    Can’t wait for this mode. Leveling hero ships in plain SA makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out.
    Psn: Jello770
  • rollind24
    5222 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Looking forward to this. Like someone else said I hope they have AI ships or it could feel real empty though. Will have to wait and see though, could be a cluster. Slave 1 mines wiping out half the team when not careful.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I’ll give it about 3 days after release before the whining about Maul starts. Hopefully people learn the counters before the nerf bat hits.

Looking forward to the different style, but hope I don’t empty servers too quickly ;)

• wwkingms
    765 posts Member
    Now everyone will see the power... of the light side bomber
  • TheScape
    1942 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    If you start with a hero ship...you're guaranteed a hero ship. This mode will probably have VERY fast turn times though. With only four players these matches should be less than five minutes. And that's if every team has at least one tank (Boba/Falcon). I'm wondering if there will be AI regular fighters as well, to fatten up on. Spawn will really have to be taken in to consideration as making long-distance kills is easy. Almost need to get dumped in to the fray to have a chance at survival. Maul will probably be a no-brainer to start most matches for the cloaking feature and his high-powered weapons. Poe will be a beast as well. I'm looking forward to it, this should be fun!

Maul can be quite a monster with the right cards and a combo of his cloaking ability + lock on. One of his cards gives extra damage and another gives no overheat when going out of cloak and when locking it. I just don't remember which ability goes with which buff. But I use that combo to easily kill any hero ship for the milestone (and I don't even have them on epic yet).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Sath
    232 posts Member
    When is this game mode supposed to come out?
  • Sath wrote: »
    When is this game mode supposed to come out?

Confirmed for July.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • wwkingms wrote: »
    Now everyone will see the power... of the light side bomber

Exactly what I was thinking .. would much rather be in it than any of the hero ships.
  • rollind24
    5222 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I’ll give it about 3 days after release before the whining about Maul starts. Hopefully people learn the counters before the nerf bat hits.

Looking forward to the different style, but hope I don’t empty servers too quickly ;)

I really hope the nerf/buff herders don’t make their way to SA because of this mode.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • sCr0llx
    250 posts Member
    I would like it to work just like the current hero vs villain 4 vs 4, in the geonosis asteroids!
  • TheScape wrote: »
    If you start with a hero ship...you're guaranteed a hero ship. This mode will probably have VERY fast turn times though. With only four players these matches should be less than five minutes. And that's if every team has at least one tank (Boba/Falcon). I'm wondering if there will be AI regular fighters as well, to fatten up on. Spawn will really have to be taken in to consideration as making long-distance kills is easy. Almost need to get dumped in to the fray to have a chance at survival. Maul will probably be a no-brainer to start most matches for the cloaking feature and his high-powered weapons. Poe will be a beast as well. I'm looking forward to it, this should be fun!

Maul can be quite a monster with the right cards and a combo of his cloaking ability + lock on. One of his cards gives extra damage and another gives no overheat when going out of cloak and when locking it. I just don't remember which ability goes with which buff. But I use that combo to easily kill any hero ship for the milestone (and I don't even have them on epic yet).

Maul is not hard to take out. Just wait till he uncloaks. If you do and get behind him with an interceptor, he's toast more often than not. You just hard lock, cannon ands missile the Scimitar and it dies very quickly. Alkso Yoda is good for gettiong him, juts hit him with ion blast and get in behind him.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • TheScape
    1942 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

Maul is not hard to take out. Just wait till he uncloaks. If you do and get behind him with an interceptor, he's toast more often than not. You just hard lock, cannon ands missile the Scimitar and it dies very quickly. Alkso Yoda is good for gettiong him, juts hit him with ion blast and get in behind him.

I am not disagreeing with you. I am just saying in a 4 vs 4 mode, using the right combo of cards and abilities can make a huge difference. I can easily kill any hero ship doing that. Then I can play low until the cloaking ability is ready again and do the same. Starfighter Assault is one thing, since you have 12 people against you that can come from everywhere. The new mode seems to be a 4 vs 4 mode where each kill matters.
    May your heart be your guiding key.