criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Extraction First Thoughts

After a handful of about 4 or 5 matches, Extraction definitely isn't the best it could be. Jabba's Palance and Kessel are both extremely choke-point heavy and if you don'tmanage to push the objective in one continuous run, you'd end up being delayed at one single point because you have no choice but to rush into one hallway while the objective sits in their crosshairs the entire match. The main issue are the spawns of both sides. While the defending/anti-extraction team gets constant spawns per checkpoint, the assaulting/extraction team only gets to move their spawn up after a certain point AFTER the checkpoints and not triggered on the checkpoint itself. Kessel is a prime example of this, as the Rebellion continues to spawn in their original spawn until the cargo nearly finishes turning the corner after the 1st door, one of, if not the only, major chokepoint and the one place in the entire map that determines whether the Rebellion wins or loses. Towards the end it can get very tense and entertaining, but when many maps stop at one point long before the end.
Final verdict: For the same mode being implemented in a drastically different style of game, it ended up being better than most games do in the same situations. Obviously there will be some things to be worked on being within hours of its release, but overall, it was handled well.

Replies

• Dash
    11609 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    After a handful of about 4 or 5 matches, Extraction definitely isn't the best it could be. Jabba's Palance and Kessel are both extremely choke-point heavy and if you don'tmanage to push the objective in one continuous run, you'd end up being delayed at one single point because you have no choice but to rush into one hallway while the objective sits in their crosshairs the entire match. The main issue are the spawns of both sides. While the defending/anti-extraction team gets constant spawns per checkpoint, the assaulting/extraction team only gets to move their spawn up after a certain point AFTER the checkpoints and not triggered on the checkpoint itself. Kessel is a prime example of this, as the Rebellion continues to spawn in their original spawn until the cargo nearly finishes turning the corner after the 1st door, one of, if not the only, major chokepoint and the one place in the entire map that determines whether the Rebellion wins or loses. Towards the end it can get very tense and entertaining, but when many maps stop at one point long before the end.
    Final verdict: For the same mode being implemented in a drastically different style of game, it ended up being better than most games do in the same situations. Obviously there will be some things to be worked on being within hours of its release, but overall, it was handled well.

That’s a fair & honest assessment. Good read. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• bfloo
    15521 posts Member
    It was fun, I'd just like the reinforcements taken out, or at least cut to 1 a side with the 8v8 player count.

Kessel makes for a fun cqc map, though I haven't tried it on blast or HvV yet.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• After a handful of about 4 or 5 matches, Extraction definitely isn't the best it could be. Jabba's Palance and Kessel are both extremely choke-point heavy and if you don'tmanage to push the objective in one continuous run, you'd end up being delayed at one single point because you have no choice but to rush into one hallway while the objective sits in their crosshairs the entire match. The main issue are the spawns of both sides. While the defending/anti-extraction team gets constant spawns per checkpoint, the assaulting/extraction team only gets to move their spawn up after a certain point AFTER the checkpoints and not triggered on the checkpoint itself. Kessel is a prime example of this, as the Rebellion continues to spawn in their original spawn until the cargo nearly finishes turning the corner after the 1st door, one of, if not the only, major chokepoint and the one place in the entire map that determines whether the Rebellion wins or loses. Towards the end it can get very tense and entertaining, but when many maps stop at one point long before the end.

That’s a fair & honest assessment. Good read. :blush:

I pride myself on my sometimes over-analytical approach to things. Sometimes it can be a problem in time-sensitive things, but here I've got all the time to figure out everything I want to say and at least as much time to put it down right.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    More maps please
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    I like the new map and extraction is ok. Is it me but on ps4 the characters seem a little clearer. Can quite find the right term but have they tinkered with the graphics. Overall I think the update is ok but not outstanding. I can't see why they just didn't leave ewok hunt and add cargo. After all the more modes the better even if you don't play them.
  • Aggress
    541 posts Member
    I got excited about this mode dropping and then realized that I was confusing it with Infiltration :'(
  • What about the fact that someone has to stand next to the shipment in order to keep it moving?, what is it then, "strolling" instead of extraction?. Why change the core of this game mode if it was fine just the way it was?, I mean, once you start it, the other team is supposed to stop it, not just fire upon it to prevent the other team to get near it.

Just saying though.

• Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I do like the changes the made to Extraction, in particular to how the cart itself moves. It makes sure that players have to stay on the cart and not just hide or spawn camp the defenders.

In my experience thus far, I've noticed there's some problems when it comes to spawns in the beginning and end of matches. If one team manages to completely wipe another team at the dead beginning or end, there's little room to escape, leading to some poor matches.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    Anyone else hate the Wookiees in this mode