criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Assassins Creed: Odyssey

One of the games that Im really looking forward to after E3 is the new Assassins Creed game. Unlike BioWare and Bethesda with Anthem and Fallout 76, Assassin's Creed has gone for a more RPG approach to the game instead of abandoning the best game genre in the world for multiplayer *grumbles about BioWare and Bethesda's betrayal*

I have never been a huge fan of the series - Ive only played some of the first game, and a tinnnyyyy amount of Assassins Creed Rogue (which I didnt like), but the new game Odyssey has captured my attention by breaking with a lot of the formula that has generally made me avoid the previous games.

The highlights for me:

Ancient Greece

Dialogue options/choices

Choice to play as a male/female (Kassandra or Alexios)

The gameplay (which I think looks better than the other AC games ive played and is more RPG-like)

Romance options (as far as Im aware, it will probably follow the same system that Dragon Age 2 had where most of the options are romanceable for both genders. I might be wrong, but that would be my guess. Either way, yay! <3 )

"The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.

Replies

• DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    I am looking forward to it. Im a huge fan of AC from the first game onwards. Admittedly the series started to go stale slightly but as a history buff it always appealed to me.

I respect Ubisoft too when they went back to releasing AC games biannually instead of yearly - not many developers would have the guts to admit that it wasnt working and that rushing made the game suffer. They want to release quality.

My 3 favourites so far are AC: Black Flag (the best!), ACII (was amazing at its time), and AC Origins (Egypt has always fascinated me).

Ancient Greece will be excellent as a setting. Havent read too much on the game yet but I hope it has multiple settings in various cities or city states - Athens, Sparta, Corinth, etc.

This is on my 3 games to get this year as a definite, alongside Spider-Man and Red Dead 2.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • A really nice picture of Kassandra!

tumblr_pa6gz4ASqp1tbk26jo3_1280.png
    "The question," she replied, "Is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path." - Oathbringer.
  • I'm a huge fan, and I couldn't be more excited for them making this changes to the formula and the base game. I have a lot of fun with the others however this is truly refreshing, plus the setting and everything I've seen looks beautiful. They combined my favorite genres (and series) here and I think it was a great move. Those saying it''s the same re-skinned thing are just trolls and full of *****.

I've played every one except Origins (half way through Syndicate right now) which I'm waiting to get an Xbox One X so I can enjoy it in full 4K. Egypt always fascinated me as well so I can't wait to get that one. I'm hoping they do a Black Friday bundle with the X this year, including Odyssey and Origins like they have done in the past with Syndicate and Unity.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Mastahpeece
    2184 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The gameplay they showed intrigued me. Really hope they make a Feudal Japan game at some point
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Assassins Creed has been real bad their last few games, I couldn't even complete unity becasue the mechanics are bad, why remove what isn't broken?
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Assassins Creed has been real bad their last few games, I couldn't even complete unity becasue the mechanics are bad, why remove what isn't broken?

To be fair Unity was a couple of releases ago now. Syndicate was good and Origins was great.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I found this on the internet and it made me lol :D

DfcUlCuU8AIcA0z.jpg
  • Some gifs a friend shared on another forum :)

tumblr_pa6yg8rUz51qbdgqxo3_500.gif
    tumblr_pa6yg8rUz51qbdgqxo2_500.gif
    tumblr_pa6yg8rUz51qbdgqxo4_500.gif
    tumblr_pa6yg8rUz51qbdgqxo1_500.gif
    tumblr_pa79s1siU41v2wd85o1_540.gif
    tumblr_pa79s1siU41v2wd85o3_540.gif